Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023 | 10:13 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Default Auto folding mirrors

May be a dumb question but can the dealership/service make it to where the mirrors fold in when you lock the car? I bought a base off the lot and didn’t realize it didn’t have folding mirrors (crazy me assumed that was standard these days). Is that something that can only be done at the factory? Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (07-10-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:34 AM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

It's an option from the factory. You have it or you don't. Can't be " enabled".
The following 2 users liked this post by eagle1960:
detansinn (07-09-2023), RatherJaded (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:37 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Dang ok thanks
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:19 AM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eagle1960
It's an option from the factory. You have it or you don't. Can't be " enabled".
Said in my best Independence Day voice: That's not entirely true. Kufatec has a conversion kit about ready but need a vehicle in Germany for a test install.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/porsche/9...type-992-44761
Old 07-09-2023 | 03:26 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu
Said in my best Independence Day voice: That's not entirely true. Kufatec has a conversion kit about ready but need a vehicle in Germany for a test install.

that’s interesting. yeh I guess I wouldn’t want to go that involved. Just didn’t know if it was something simple. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 07-09-2023 | 05:16 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu

Easy fix
Old 07-10-2023 | 07:37 AM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Originally Posted by clemsondds
May be a dumb question but can the dealership/service make it to where the mirrors fold in when you lock the car? I bought a base off the lot and didn’t realize it didn’t have folding mirrors (crazy me assumed that was standard these days). Is that something that can only be done at the factory? Thanks!
I totally sympathize with you. I ordered my car and didn’t realize that the “memory package” was required to have auto-folding mirrors. It also is required to have the mirrors tilt down when you are in reverse. Amazing a car at this price doesn’t include something so basic.
Old 07-10-2023 | 08:47 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Kufatec makes some good stuff, I have installed their parts on some Audi cars.
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:02 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackland
Kufatec makes some good stuff, I have installed their parts on some Audi cars.
yes, I would be interested, but would it void the warranty? And 6 hour install I think I read
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:22 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

I do not know if it would void the whole warranty? Probably Porsche would not cover anything related to the mirror installation. On other German cars it is not that complicated to retrofit folding mirrors. BMW, Audi and VW all have kits available to do this. I am not sure why it is so difficult to do this with Porsche, and so expensive. It is probably not worth the cost and effort just to have folding mirrors.

Last edited by blackland; 07-10-2023 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:44 AM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Originally Posted by Emosgarage
I totally sympathize with you. I ordered my car and didn’t realize that the “memory package” was required to have auto-folding mirrors. It also is required to have the mirrors tilt down when you are in reverse. Amazing a car at this price doesn’t include something so basic.
I don't believe you need the memory package to have auto-folding mirrors.
I have 4-way seats (No Memory)

Maybe you meant the Premium package? - this is the package that includes the folding mirrors. With just the Premium package, you can enable the mirrors to fold when the doors are locked/unlocked.

You are correct about needing the memory package for the mirrors to tilt down though.
Old 07-10-2023 | 11:28 AM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

yes, I would be interested, but would it void the warranty? And 6 hour install I think I read
Thinking that's book rate. Remove door cards, remove mirror, swap mirror housing and switch, reassemble. 2 hours on door 1, 1 hour on door 2, 5 min flash, 5 min smiling while playing with new folding mirrors.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:11 PM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

This is Not a dumb question at all. I had a GTS offered to me without the Premium Package (car was delivered in the bare bones configuration) that the original customer declined upon delivery to dealership. I purchased thinking I'd be happy but wasn't. I decided to install Leather dash, trim, ambient lighting, folding mirrors and surround view. I did look at Kufatek who states they have a kit but will need to validate install on your car (in Germany). Obviously not an option for me. I did purchase mirrors a the needed mirror/window switch control. Having access to the wiring diagrams I thought I'd just do it all when modifying the interior. In the end, the answer was no. I ultimately elected to sell the car in the original configuration and just order what I really wanted. I'm happy I did.

Mirror replacement is easy. Pulling the drivers door panel was easy. Pulling the Switch Assy from the armrest was a royal pain to figure out. If you choose this route, you will most likely need to also buy a drivers convenience module and will definitely require Coding.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:15 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Could you get some doors with folding mirrors off of a salvaged car and install them on your car, then program the software?
Old 07-10-2023 | 03:12 PM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackland
Could you get some doors with folding mirrors off of a salvaged car and install them on your car, then program the software?
The doors aren't the problem. You need the correct wire harness, switch and modules. Coding is easy as is the installation of the mirrors.

Quick Reply: Auto folding mirrors