Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera 4 over 4S Confusion - am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 06:54 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Porsche doesn't want to make "cheap" 911s in this market. The C2 and the C4 are the hardest ones to get.
This is exactly correct. The demand is more then there for non base C2 and C4, they are just barely being produced. If you have a really good relationship with your SA, stop in to your local dealer one day and while chatting ask to see the computer page of their allocations received in the past year or more and upcoming. A big big eye opener. GTS, Turbos, and now T allocations far have outweighed Base C2 and C4. Many SA's can count on one hand how many base 911 variants they got in the past 12 months and thats after accidentally blowing a couple fingers off this past 4th of July.

Last edited by meyecul; 07-08-2023 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:03 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 138 Posts

Another perspective and some confirmation of other statements...

I've been on a new C4 list since January 2022. I gave up waiting and bought a CPO MY22 in March.

I fully agree that getting a new and used 4S is easier. They make more and they are more profitable.
However, I will disagree on the power comment. How much power is enough for fun? From my PoV, the base C4 is plenty quick enough and fun.

I'm bias. I have C4 now and love it. I wanted AWD because regardless of weather I always want the car to go as straight as it can.

If money isn't an object, I would get whatever you can in the timeframe that is acceptable to you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shambler:
piblondin (07-15-2023), rockrdude (07-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Carrera 4 over 4S Confusion - am I missing something?