Sponsored by:

6 Month Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 02:27 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Congrats! Glad you are enjoying your car.

With respect to rattles, my 992 is no different than any other car I have. It has rattles here and there from the gas tank rattle due to having the larger gas tank to regular door rattles and what not. Given how firm the suspension is it does not surprise me that my car rattles even when it had only about 5K miles.

Also, I'm surprised by your comment re: ventilated seats. I live in hot as ***** AZ and have found the seats to be amazing. In fact, even when it's 115-120 degrees out, after the initial cool down, I have to turn down the seat ventilation to the mid setting because it's too cold. Have you tried adjusting the bias on the ventilated seats? You can direct more air to the back or to the bottom cushion. Compared to other ventilated seats I've tried in other cars, the other cars don't even fell like they make any difference.
I got lucky to I guess. While MN obviously isn’t AZ heat, we’ve been in the 90s and humid a lot this summer, I find the ventilated seats work really well. I haven’t used the heated steering wheel in this car yet, but our other three Porsche’s I’ve had to shut it off after a few minutes because it gets too hot for my liking. And that’s in our cold as ***** winter.

@Staffie Guy , our previous Cayenne the A/C and ventilated seats were both very weak. We were in for an oil change and we mentioned it, they said from time to time they find they didn’t get charged enough with refrigerant from the factory. They recharged/filled it properly and they worked great after that. Maybe something worth mentioning next time you are in for service.
The following users liked this post:
Staffie Guy (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 02:34 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WillyDaP
I think your analysis is quite accurate as the one thing I find a little frustrating with Porsche is some of their ergonomics. On my wife's Macan having to reach around the gear selector to push on the A/C is a small but little example. It seems that Porsche tries to put as many controls on every lever they have that it takes an inordinate amount of time to decipher and get used to all the fiddling needed to find things. The heated steering wheel is weak, the cruise control is too fussy, and I was surprised we did not have a locking gas door. There are other niggling areas, but like you the car is so fun to drive, gets terrific mileage ( much better than projected ) , is built so well and for us ( compared to our previous vehicles ) is so quiet we will soon be adding another to our garage space --- I have a Cayman GTS on order.

I ordered that Cayman with few features other than the full bucket seat and PDK , so I guess I won't have to worry about a heated steering wheel -------oh, dang , it is in the " Premium Package " so I guess I will have one weak link, ha!
Interesting everyone’s different points of view/usage. Aside from the outer gauges (which I don’t use anyway), I find the 992s and Porsche’s ergonomics among the best I’ve experienced across many brands. I’ll give BMW a tie as I’ve always found their’s to be excellent as well, just don’t like their digital dash, especially the backwards tach and wrap around tv look on the new cars.

I love Porsche’s cruise control, used it on my drive home from PEC Atlanta for stretches when going through Illinois (easily the worst/most boring state to drive through IMO). Any way, I find it very easy to set and bump the speed or up or down. As for climate control, I almost always leave it on auto and use the temp switch to get it comfortable.

Last edited by minn19; 07-04-2023 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:42 PM
FP32NF
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 48 Posts

My two-cents. Literally just got home from a quick jaunt to run errands/fill-up and, its 91 degrees out with no clouds...typical New Mexico summer heat! I turned the ventilated seat down one setting becauses my **** was freezing.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:20 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
I have my C2S manual for 6 months now and really like the car. I don't track the car, but I like to do some spirited driving on local backroads. I thought I would share my
Passenger seat strap doesn't work-lousy design.
Seat strap is a lousy design, but if you know the trick then you can at least make them easy to work. Push on the seat headrest portion slightly and then when you pull up the strap it will easily disengage: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1271...l#post18005701
The following 2 users liked this post by mikey94025:
KLOC (07-21-2023), Staffie Guy (07-05-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 10:32 PM
HappinessProcured
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 111 Posts

No rattles? I'm jealous! I one in the passenger door and a super annoying one at higher speeds in the back. Are all of these related to the Bose system in my car, I wonder?
Old 07-05-2023, 12:42 AM
aspan
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Here you go... Didn't know this but also changes seat heating bias as well as ventilation bias:

Separate options for heat and ventilation in my2022
Old 07-05-2023, 12:57 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 444 Posts

The ventilated seats are great. Especially with the top down in Sarasota, FL when it’s 90*+. Sometimes I run the ventilated seats on 3 with the AC off and it’s sufficient to keep me cool in the evenings with the top down.
HOTCHKIS (07-21-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 09:02 AM
acr89
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 145 Posts

The seat back strap is a known problem. It broke off on my first 2020 due to the effort required to the actuate the seat mechanism. Porsche replaced it at no cost and installed an updated mechanism that is much easier to actuate.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 66 Posts

"I love Porsche’s cruise control, used it on my drive home from PEC Atlanta for stretches when going through Illinois (easily the worst/most boring state to drive through IMO)."

The Dakotas would like to have a word.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zoomnbyu:
Icegrill (07-05-2023), minn19 (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 01:00 PM
DPC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree about driving through Illinois, but because of the ever present road work and congestion and trucks along I80/90 and 94 and call it "Illannoying"!
Boucherom (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 01:09 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zoomnbyu
"I love Porsche’s cruise control, used it on my drive home from PEC Atlanta for stretches when going through Illinois (easily the worst/most boring state to drive through IMO)."

The Dakotas would like to have a word.
Been through both (and Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Eastern Colorado, Wyoming etc etc), Illinois is still easily my least favorite to drive through.
The following 2 users liked this post by minn19:
txpackers (07-06-2023), Zoomnbyu (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 01:23 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

992 is a driver's car. I hate to say it but if your complaint is about the cruise control, 'you're doing it wrong.'
Wilder (07-16-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 02:19 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 575 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by minn19
...when going through Illinois (easily the worst/most boring state to drive through IMO)...
HEY! I've lived in Chicagoland for decades and I vehemently...(sigh) have to agree with you.

I make the drive down to UIUC every so often and cannot believe how boring it is...

I also visit a good friend of mine who lives in the Indy area...let me tell you about driving in Illinois then NW Indiana then central Indiana. At least the wind turbines are kind of cool to look at...
minn19 (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 09:47 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I have to echo the others regarding the ventilated seats being awesome. We have three cars with ventilated seats and neither come close to the 992. Swamp a$$ is not a concern with it on.
KLOC (07-21-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 08:25 AM
m732sg
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

After 3 months and about 1k miles with a '20 CS PDK, there are a few things i'm still getting used to. This is coming from a manual e92 m3:

-when driving highways with lanes that are even mildly grooved, meaning the center of the lane is a bit higher than the sides, the car tends to sway. it's disconcerting at high speeds, especially when you can't see the shadows of the grooves due to the sun position
-4 way sport seats. I find the bolsters round my shoulders forward to the point where I can't get fully comfortable and it causes some mild neck pain. debating some kind of small neck support to wrap around the headrest area to support it.
-this one is 100% on me as I'm still learning the car and haven't been to the track yet to find its limits. but when driving twisty backroads at higher speeds, there's a point where i can feel the weight of the back end sort of shift into the turn. I'm not used to it and it causes me to lose some confidence
-in normal and sport mode, the car wants to shift into as high a gear as possible. obviously, this is addressable by driving in manual mode but there are times the transmission isn't in a gear you'd expect it to be

Otherwise, the car is amazing. Beautiful, tight, fast as absolute hell and the sound of a shift at high rpm is intoxicating.

Quick Reply: 6 Month Review