Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Targa 4 GTS Build Sheet - Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 05:24 PM
rickstd
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 32 Posts

Brake calipers in black and sport design side skirts in body color.
Old 07-02-2023, 05:49 PM
DrZ123
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickstd
Brake calipers in black and sport design side skirts in body color.
Already have side skirts on there I believe.

I kind of like the red calipers!
Old 07-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBagadonuts
Front axle lift is a waste of money. Sounds good in theory but you're not gonna use it when you need it and you're not going to need it when you use it. Spend it on the Burmeister instead.
I 100% disagree. FAL works flawlessly and has saved me plenty of times. The GPS system is great. And for the GTS, which rides lower than my Targa 4, I wouldn't spec the car without it unless it was a garage queen. And even then, you'd still be in trouble in many areas and/or need to slow to a crawl frequently.
The following users liked this post:
Marcha (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 02:22 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 328 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ123
Are you sure re the steering wheel? The other ones list Race-tex, this one is the non-race-tex one I believe.

I thought we had selected mirrors the same as body color but guess it got lost in the build. Will def add that back

Ah ok, I stand corrected on the steering wheel. It works the opposite way round on the uk configurator. The GT wheel is in racetex unless you specifically pick the alternative one that says leather in the title.
I was careful with it as my interior is full extended black leather with 930 quilting, yellow deviated stitching and no racetex at all.

Old 07-03-2023, 02:29 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 328 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I 100% disagree. FAL works flawlessly and has saved me plenty of times. The GPS system is great. And for the GTS, which rides lower than my Targa 4, I wouldn't spec the car without it unless it was a garage queen. And even then, you'd still be in trouble in many areas and/or need to slow to a crawl frequently.
I’d agree that FAL is essential. I use it a lot as we are blighted by speed bumps and car park sleeping policemen in the UK. Almost every car park barrier entrance has a high bump to traverse. It’s not just the front lip either, it’s banging the underside of the chasis on the way down.
Burmeister sound is wasted unless you’re driving with the roof up. Roof down with sport plus active exhaust growling and wind buffeting you really will not notice and appreciable difference in a more premium sound system than Bose. I have the bose and it’s excellent sound. More than adequate.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:02 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 424 Posts

If an extended range tank is an option that’s something you’d not likely regret having.

As far as FAL, I’ve had the C4S and GT4, which ride lower than your Targa GTS. No issues with speed bumps or driveways. Learning to angle you approach and awareness works very well. It’s a personal thing. If you want peace of mind, go for it. Really expensive to try and add later.

Great looking car it will be. Cheers!
Old 07-03-2023, 11:24 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts

Take a look at the Porsche sub second clock-much nicer than the sport chrono clock with the big second hand mindlessly going around.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:40 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 321 Likes on 161 Posts

Hi! Thought I would be on a similar timeline as you, when approx eta? Mine shows october 15. It will be cool if our cars are on the same ship.

Quick Reply: Targa 4 GTS Build Sheet - Opinions Wanted