Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All 2024 models will be 992.2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 10:02 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 184 Posts

Porsche NA needs to step in and stop this bull **** with buying a car. This is so out of control.

The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 12:18 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 964 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by porschewiseguy
This dealer is doing MSRP only. So how would they sell the same allocation to someone willing to pay ADM? They are not doing ADMs.
Is it a Penske dealer? Are they requiring you to buy a maintenance contract, or any other add-ons?
Old 07-02-2023, 12:22 PM
porschewiseguy
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Is it a Penske dealer? Are they requiring you to buy a maintenance contract, or any other add-ons?
No, not Penske. Did not mention any required add-ons. The purchase order says price to be at MSRP. Sales guys also reiterated MSRP pricing and said how other dealerships charging ADM are ridiculous.
Old 07-02-2023, 12:43 PM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 184 Posts

No, not Penske. Did not mention any required add-ons. The purchase order says price to be at MSRP. Sales guys also reiterated MSRP pricing and said how other dealerships charging ADM are ridiculous.
sounds like a great dealer. care to share the name? are you local or out of state as well?

i honestly don't know why Porsche doesn't step up and fix this with every dealer. they could be the industry example and since they went public they really should. people are getting screwed over and it is being explained as "market conditions."

Porsche AG/NA/Corp really needs to do something.
Icegrill (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 01:19 PM
txpackers
Racer

Received 314 Likes on 140 Posts

I got on an MSRP list in January 2021 with my local dealer. At the time, they told me to expect to wait 12 - 18 months. I was fine with that if I could get MSRP. In February 2021, I called another local dealer and they too put me on their list at MSRP. About the same timing. Neither dealer required any deposit.

I kept in touch with both dealers. Neither would really tell me where I was at on their list until a year ago when I was told I was #21 on the list and could expect another 12 - 18 months. At that point, I started calling other dealers in CA. All could get me an allocation at $20k ADM which I wasn’t willing to pay.

I was not happy when I heard about the latest price increase for the 2024 models. Then in early April, one of the other CA dealers I contacted reached out. They had a 2023 allocation that locked in 3 days. ADM was $15k if I wanted it. I negotiated the ADM down to $12k and grabbed it. This ADM is roughly equivalent to the price increase I would have paid if I waited for a 2024. My car just arrived in the San Diego port and I should be picking it up this week.

My recommendation to the OP is look for other dealers even if you must pay ADM. In the end, the ADM you pay now will be close to the price increase you will pay by the time you get your car at MSRP.
TempeAndy (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 01:21 PM
porschewiseguy
Banned

Originally Posted by txpackers
I got on an MSRP list in January 2021 with my local dealer. At the time, they told me to expect to wait 12 - 18 months. I was fine with that if I could get MSRP. In February 2021, I called another local dealer and they too put me on their list at MSRP. About the same timing. Neither dealer required any deposit.

I kept in touch with both dealers. Neither would really tell me where I was at on their list until a year ago when I was told I was #21 on the list and could expect another 12 - 18 months. At that point, I started calling other dealers in CA. All could get me an allocation at $20k ADM which I wasn’t willing to pay.

I was not happy when I heard about the latest price increase for the 2024 models. Then in early April, one of the other CA dealers I contacted reached out. They had a 2023 allocation that locked in 3 days. ADM was $15k if I wanted it. I negotiated the ADM down to $12k and grabbed it. This ADM is roughly equivalent to the price increase I would have paid if I waited for a 2024. My car just arrived in the San Diego port and I should be picking it up this week.

My recommendation to the OP is look for other dealers even if you must pay ADM. In the end, the ADM you pay now will be close to the price increase you will pay by the time you get your car at MSRP.
is there going to be further price increases on top of the 2024 prices?
Old 07-02-2023, 02:40 PM
txpackers
Racer

Received 314 Likes on 140 Posts

is there going to be further price increases on top of the 2024 prices?
I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another increase in Q1 next year. For sure there will be an increase for 2025 models whenever those get released.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,054 Likes on 5,250 Posts

So what will happen come Summer 2023 and the car is not delivered? How will they explain that? Why give a timeframe like that if this is true? Why not do what Rolex ADs do and not give any time frame and when you get the call you get the call. Doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't deliver. Thoughts?
And if they didn't deliver, what you actually do to them?

Serious question.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tmslc
Porsche NA needs to step in and stop this bull **** with buying a car. This is so out of control.

bwhale (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 06:11 PM
porschewiseguy
Banned

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
And if they didn't deliver, what you actually do to them?

Serious question.
Would not do anything, obviously. But my question still remains unanswered. What does the dealership get out of purposely giving me a false timeline if they have no intention of delivering. And why take the $1000 on top of that. It a dealer was playing games I would expect them to not take any deposit and not give any kind of timeline. Please advise.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:15 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Would not do anything, obviously. But my question still remains unanswered. What does the dealership get out of purposely giving me a false timeline if they have no intention of delivering. And why take the $1000 on top of that. It a dealer was playing games I would expect them to not take any deposit and not give any kind of timeline. Please advise.
hard to predict what will happen 10-12 months from now.

with your 1k deposit, the dealer has a guaranteed sales.

It's basically a put option for the dealer with (in your case) MSRP as the strike price..
Old 07-02-2023, 06:23 PM
porschewiseguy
Banned

hard to predict what will happen 10-12 months from now.

with your 1k deposit, the dealer has a guaranteed sales.

It's basically a put option for the dealer with (in your case) MSRP as the strike price..
Perhaps. I have nothing to lose anyway. The 1K is refundable at any time. I don't mind putting money down at a few places just like this. And whoever comes through first comes through and I can get the rest of deposits back. And even if it takes 12-18 months, I'm not in desperate need of a car.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:26 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Perhaps. I have nothing to lose anyway. The 1K is refundable at any time. I don't mind putting money down at a few places just like this. And whoever comes through first comes through and I can get the rest of deposits back. And even if it takes 12-18 months, I'm not in desperate need of a car.
right

so the agreement you have with your dealer is essentially worthless, both for you and the dealer, as both of you can walk away without consequences (and I am assuming your deposit is refundable, which it should be)

so at the end of the day, you really have nothing beyond hope and expectations, which is really what most of us have anway.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:28 PM
porschewiseguy
Banned

right

so the agreement you have with your dealer is essentially worthless, both for you and the dealer, as both of you can walk away without consequences (and I am assuming your deposit is refundable, which it should be)

so at the end of the day, you really have nothing beyond hope and expectations, which is really what most of us have anway.
Yeah I guess. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door. Not sure how else to do it other than pay a ridiculous mark up.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:42 PM
bwhale
Advanced

Received 121 Likes on 45 Posts

One dealer gave me a fairly straightforward answer to this question about why they want your deposit with no real intention to deliver. He said the dealers' register each prospective customer's interest with Porsche by submitting some sort of demand order into Porsche (Someone else here probably knows the details on the system for these demand orders). The dealer's theory is that the more demand orders that a dealer has with the manufacturer, the likelihood that they get the extra discretionary allocations increases (search for the Collection's lawsuit vs Porsche if you want to know more about these discretionary allocations). Hence, each dealer wants as many deposits and indications-of-interest as possible, in order to sell as many cars as possible.

It's all a game dude. There's a reason that so many 911s are ordered in resale spec. They are basically a currency for yuppies and bored rich people who just trade them around like trophies, which is a massive benefit to the dealer network. It's a very small minority of people driving 911s who actually care about getting their hands on a great car and driving it (but you can find some of those people in this forum!). Porsche knows this and don't really care as long as their Q-score and profits remain atmospheric - after all, the head honchos can get whatever Porsche they want whenever they want it, so it's not their problem, it's yours.

Icegrill (07-02-2023)

Quick Reply: All 2024 models will be 992.2?