Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, got my allocation for a 4gts…but a Targa!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 10:13 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

I do not see Bose listed on your premium package. If you wind up with the base stereo on that build, you are gonna regret it. Also consider upgrading to the Burmester. Significantly better than the Bose.
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 11:21 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 317 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
There are many things I would change on this build, but that’s because it’s me and not you.

I did notice you have a high priced build, but stuck with the Bose instead of Burmester. Bose seems out of place on such a high priced build.

Exterior color is very personal and you’ll get opinions all over the place here. In the end, you have to go with the color that speaks to you and you’ll enjoy looking at every day. For me, that was GT Silver, Jet Black, or one of the great PTS greens. I couldn’t get PTS so I chose GT Silver. I don’t care if it is one more silver car in the world. I’m hoping to keep this car for many years and it’s a color I know I will still love 10 years from now. If you think you’ll still love Agate Grey in 10 years, then that’s your color.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
I do not see Bose listed on your premium package. If you wind up with the base stereo on that build, you are gonna regret it. Also consider upgrading to the Burmester. Significantly better than the Bose.
I do have a bose, on the second page of my build. But thanks!
Old 07-09-2023, 11:23 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by txpackers
There are many things I would change on this build, but that’s because it’s me and not you.

I did notice you have a high priced build, but stuck with the Bose instead of Burmester. Bose seems out of place on such a high priced build.

Exterior color is very personal and you’ll get opinions all over the place here. In the end, you have to go with the color that speaks to you and you’ll enjoy looking at every day. For me, that was GT Silver, Jet Black, or one of the great PTS greens. I couldn’t get PTS so I chose GT Silver. I don’t care if it is one more silver car in the world. I’m hoping to keep this car for many years and it’s a color I know I will still love 10 years from now. If you think you’ll still love Agate Grey in 10 years, then that’s your color.

Good luck.
yes Burmester just seems too much for me for a couple thousand bucks.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:37 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

If someone selects bose and the order locks, and Porsche stops offering it, can you be downgraded to the base radio without asking if you'd pay for the burmester?
Old 07-10-2023, 07:47 AM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 302 Likes on 110 Posts

I didn’t see if you debadged the rear, but my vote is to remove it and/or make it black to minimize it. especially on the targa 4 GTS, which I think has the longest script on the back of any 911 😂 it’s like 2 feet of model designation… love the color combo. congrats!
MontBlanc911 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 10:23 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 738 Likes on 356 Posts

Have not been on the configurator for a minute...can you option Carmine belts and dash accents? they would play nicer with the interior in my view.

Nice spec and congrats.
MontBlanc911 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 10:31 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Emosgarage
I didn’t see if you debadged the rear, but my vote is to remove it and/or make it black to minimize it. especially on the targa 4 GTS, which I think has the longest script on the back of any 911 😂 it’s like 2 feet of model designation… love the color combo. congrats!
2nd this.

I just picked up my C4 GTS and switched to just "911" on the back rather than "Carrera 4 GTS" in script. Much cleaner looking.

Also, I know this has been beat to death, but I find RAS pretty amazing. Makes the 911 feel "shorter" more like my previous mid-engine Cayman or R8.
The following 2 users liked this post by alin2:
minn19 (07-10-2023), ZacapaXO (07-16-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 11:33 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

^Agree.

vs

The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
alin2 (07-10-2023), ZacapaXO (07-16-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 01:13 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

that’s a good point, thanks!
Old 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Have not been on the configurator for a minute...can you option Carmine belts and dash accents? they would play nicer with the interior in my view.

Nice spec and congrats.
thanks, I can only choose carmine red if I select the gts interior pkg but I don’t want the race Tex seats for my hot butt😆
Old 07-10-2023, 01:16 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by alin2
2nd this.

I just picked up my C4 GTS and switched to just "911" on the back rather than "Carrera 4 GTS" in script. Much cleaner looking.

Also, I know this has been beat to death, but I find RAS pretty amazing. Makes the 911 feel "shorter" more like my previous mid-engine Cayman or R8.
How are your thoughts on the lith batteries that goes with the RAS?
good point made also for the long model name on the rear… something to think about never thought of it.
Old 07-10-2023, 01:17 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by Shogunade
^Agree.

vs

man your arctic grey!! Nice
Old 07-10-2023, 01:44 PM
BKAT
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
I just visited to check on the status of my queue on the gts coupe as I was driving by from work. Maybe it was my lucky day. GM tells me that a targa gts is available if I wanted to take it but he had to call the people on the waiting list for that first. Makes sense.
After a few weeks he told me none of them would take it. Maybe he was asking an adm of too high a number I don’t know? Didn’t bother to ask. He said he would be charging an adm for the targa but if I buy a used cpo cayenne under 5k miles, he would give me the allocation. Ended up buying the used cayenne for maybe 15k over the market value but since my wife wanted a cayenne anyway I took the bait. We didn’t want a heavily optioned expensive cayenne anyway so it worked. So essentially my markup for the targa gts was 15k. My wife is happy buying a nearly new cayenne cpo’d under 5k miles. She loves it.
Everybody was happy not to mention me getting a targa for godsakes, and we called it a day.
no wonder the allocation became available. That’s outrageous to require the purchase of a second car. I’d write Porsche NA a letter about this dealerships practice. I was once looking for a particular Rolex watch and after several months of waiting the dealer called to tell me I could have it so long as I purchase another Rolex as well. I told them absolutely not. And that was a $14k watch, not an SUV. I can understand an ADM, but purchase another car? Ridiculous! By the way, that Rolex dealer eventually lost their franchise
Old 07-10-2023, 02:30 PM
Targa4GTSinTX
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn’t see if you debadged the rear, but my vote is to remove it and/or make it black to
minimize it. especially on the targa 4 GTS, which I think has the longest script on the back of any 911 😂 it’s like 2 feet of model designation… love the color combo. congrats!

I might suggest something like this for the rear, which our PPF installer, Atlanta Protective Films (who was absolutely terrific by the way) installed on our '23 Targa 4 GTS. We ordered it with the model delete with the intention of having the 992 GTS emblem, which we purchased from Suncoast, installed on the back, which looks much better IMHO than the long moniker that usually accompanies the Targa 4 GTS.
Emosgarage (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 11:55 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
How are your thoughts on the lith batteries that goes with the RAS?
good point made also for the long model name on the rear… something to think about never thought of it.
I'll probably drive the GTS enough not to have to worry, but will place the battery on a trickle charger if left for >1 week. As long as it's on a trickle charger no real worries over the higher vampiric current drain.

Quick Reply: Finally, got my allocation for a 4gts…but a Targa!