Sponsored by:

Dealer Joy Ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 01:40 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 22992
I only had to do a 2nd mortgage and supplement my income with plasma and sperm donations. feel bad for those that can’t afford. It’s a great car.
The extension cord repair business hasn’t been doing well?
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 01:42 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by 22992
I only had to do a 2nd mortgage and supplement my income with plasma and sperm donations. feel bad for those that can’t afford. It’s a great car.
F**king hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣
Old 05-13-2023, 01:55 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by kaylie
The problem is that the people selling and servicing these cars cannot afford to drive one.
Samuel from Porsche Beverly Hills can, apparently he has a warehouse of cars including a Superfast.
detansinn (05-14-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 02:13 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

To preface, my car was also recently damaged during the service visit.

This is an easily fixed QA problem, but requires effort from Porsche, starting from the top all the way down, especially since issues like this are not specific to any one dealership. I'll believe it when I see it, until then I will continue to think of Porsche as having become Faux Luxury (what separates luxury and faux-luxury is QA. luxury goods put emphasis on QA in all aspects, faux-luxury does not).

If Porsche wants to prevent issues like this from happening in the future they could very easily, but I would hazard a guess that they're more focused on cost-cutting in attempts to raise profit margins rather than investing in things like employee training. Blaming poorly trained workers for employer failures and replacing them with another poorly trained worker is standard business practice in 2023, that doesn't make it the right decision, and it certainly doesn't make it an intelligent decision.

The scenario presented indicates several potential Quality Assurance (QA) issues within the Porsche Dealer's service operations. QA is about ensuring the services provided meet or exceed customer expectations consistently. Let's identify the specific QA failures from the provided passage:
  1. Lack of Quality Assurance in Staff Conduct and Ethical Standards: The technician's joyride at high speeds in a customer's vehicle highlights a failure in enforcing ethical standards and professional conduct. It signifies a lack of training and monitoring to ensure staff respect customer property and abide by traffic laws.
  2. Poor Quality Assurance in Handling Customer Vehicles: The technician drove the vehicle hard while the engine was still cold, potentially damaging the car. This reflects inadequate training and a lack of protocols for handling customer vehicles, particularly high-performance ones like a Porsche that require special care.
  3. Absence of Quality Assurance in Service Transparency: The fact that the customer had to rely on their dashcam to discover the technician's misbehavior indicates a lack of transparency in the service process. A robust QA process would involve transparent communication about what tests or procedures the car might undergo and any necessary precautions.
To rectify these QA issues, the Porsche Dealer could take several steps:
  1. Improve Staff Training and Monitoring: Technicians should be trained to handle customer vehicles with utmost care, respect road rules, and avoid unnecessary risks. Regular monitoring or audits can ensure compliance.
  2. Enhance Service Protocols: Specific protocols should be established for handling and testing customer vehicles, including guidelines for warming up the engine before hard driving.
  3. Increase Service Transparency: Customers should be informed about what to expect during a service visit, including any tests or procedures that may involve driving the vehicle. Dashcam footage could be reviewed as part of the QA process to ensure adherence to protocols.
By addressing these QA failures, the Porsche Dealer can improve their service quality, restore customer trust, and prevent similar incidents in the future.
For those of you who are not braindead, here is some supplemental material for your consideration.
Spoiler

Last edited by porsche.earth; 05-13-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by jhenson29
The extension cord repair business hasn’t been doing well?
🤣🤣
Old 05-13-2023, 04:50 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm surprised the tech didn't disconnect the dashcam first. Every time I bring my car to the dealership, they disconnect the dashcam before servicing it.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:04 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
I'm surprised the tech didn't disconnect the dashcam first. Every time I bring my car to the dealership, they disconnect the dashcam before servicing it.
disconnecting the dashcam is similar to refusing a breathalyzer
minn19 (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 05:43 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

wasn't there a clip on here of someone's GT3RS getting a wrap and the owner of the wrap company drove it into a wall and totalled it? when I had my e92 m3 a tire shop put my winter wheel set on the car, they said oh btw you get wheel shimmy with this set. they wanted over $200 for 5 min of work, every place usually charged basically for a tire rotation. when I said you don't get wheel shimmy until you go 85mph they dropped the price to $30. same thing when I valeted the car. took 20 min for them to bring the car. when the valet gave me the keys he ran away didn't wait for a tip, which made me go hmmmmm. the side bolsters were all the way in and the car smelled like cigarettes. I was like what the F did you guys do to my car. this was my 60k e92, can't imagine what they do to exotics. I hate ppl.
The following 3 users liked this post by dchang81:
Icegrill (05-13-2023), minn19 (05-13-2023), porsche.earth (05-14-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 06:03 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 919 Likes on 484 Posts

my car arrived at the dealer with 3 miles on it. When I picked it up, it had 30! lol a-holes
Old 05-13-2023, 06:28 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

This 100%. I’m much happier not being mad.
True, but letting legit things go without being addressed encourages the negative behavior. I am sure the OP would have appreciated it if a prior customer who discovered it said something about it so that it would possibly have prevented it happening to him. I agree with the concept of picking ones battles, but this seems like a legitimate one to pick - at least to raise it to the proper people at the dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by Drew46:
minn19 (05-13-2023), porsche.earth (05-14-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 06:54 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
True, but letting legit things go without being addressed encourages the negative behavior.
It’s worth saying something if you don’t want them to do it. But I don’t think it’s worth dwelling on outside of that one conversation.
Edit, not that you suggested it needed more than that either.

Last edited by jhenson29; 05-13-2023 at 06:56 PM.
alin2 (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 06:59 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

It’s worth saying something if you don’t want them to do it. But I don’t think it’s worth dwelling on outside of that one conversation.
Edit, not that you suggested it needed more than that either.

I think we are in agreement. I would not ignore it but I would also not let it "harsh my mellow".
The following 2 users liked this post by Drew46:
jhenson29 (05-13-2023), minn19 (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 07:20 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

They do have to test drive it but this seems excessive. Nothing the car cannot handle. Not very professional on the dealers part.
Old 05-13-2023, 10:15 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

The apparent lack of respect is very disappointing.

Really loving the VERY unobtrusive Fitcamx dual camera system I installed in my Macan.

My first preference for a Porsche camera system would be to make the optional surround parking cameras have the ability to record operational and parked impact A/V streams. My second choice would be an integrated system like the Fitcamx.

It is unlikely I would ever install the existing optional Porsche camera system. The functionality is fine but is SUCH a visual detraction from the excellent vehicle.

On my Fitcamx I put a small black electrical tape to cover the tiny red and blue indicator LED lamps that are visible when looking in from the exterior at the rear view mirror, to make it even less obtrusive / noticeable.

When I examined the 12 minute test drive A/V recording from my dealership warranty service test drive all was good.

The gas-to-brake approaching a red light and the continuous close highway following distance are not the way I drive, but I have zero red flags from watching that A/V stream.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:01 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by wingless
The apparent lack of respect is very disappointing.

Really loving the VERY unobtrusive Fitcamx dual camera system I installed in my Macan.
I’m taking a guess the Tech didn’t see my dashcam because it’s slightly out of line of sight.

If get nowhere with the dealer on Monday I’ll update this thread with the YouTube vid for all to see. It’s a very popular Porsche Dealership with plenty of GT3 owners who choose to use it. Btw my car is a manual, and he redlined it in 1st and 2nd gear, while cold.
The following 4 users liked this post by moomin:
Icegrill (05-14-2023), joydrive (05-14-2023), minn19 (05-14-2023), porsche.earth (05-14-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealer Joy Ride