Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procedure after a dead battery or disconnected battery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 12:40 AM
hamlin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procedure after a dead battery or disconnected battery?

I have a 2020 992 Cabriolet S

Have had an intermittent alarm going off issue over the past several months and most recently the battery would not start the car. Charged the battery and now have many issues. 1) Spoiler will not automatically deploy and get message not to drive over 75 mph; 2) Cannot open the convertible top with error message; 3) Rear deck lid will not open; 4) After dealer ran diagnostics for one complete day and found nothing, the sport exhaust button now is not working.

Was wondering if modules and/or gateways need to be reset typically if the battery is disconnected or battery voltage gets so low it would be the same as disconnecting the battery.

Thanks,
David
Old 05-07-2023, 07:09 AM
leloupgris
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know on the 992, but on my 997.1 I had to perform a handover procedure because I had a few modules not working: heated seats, homelink garage opener, some interior lights...
The handover procedure requires a PIWIS, and it's basically a factory reset of all the modules on the car. They use it when handing over a newly aquired car to a new owner to switch it from transport mode to normal mode. Might be the same with your 992?
Old 05-12-2023, 07:30 AM
Twrx
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am in the middle of this exact same issue with my 2022 992 Cab. Convertible top, engine lid, and spoiler all non functional with the same error codes; this was also after a battery issue. Dealer kept for a day, and ordered new relays/controllers and unfortunately is booked solid so still waiting to have this completed. Car has 500 miles on it….. I’m curious if you’ve had your issue resolved and what the fix was.

Originally Posted by hamlin
I have a 2020 992 Cabriolet S

Have had an intermittent alarm going off issue over the past several months and most recently the battery would not start the car. Charged the battery and now have many issues. 1) Spoiler will not automatically deploy and get message not to drive over 75 mph; 2) Cannot open the convertible top with error message; 3) Rear deck lid will not open; 4) After dealer ran diagnostics for one complete day and found nothing, the sport exhaust button now is not working.

Was wondering if modules and/or gateways need to be reset typically if the battery is disconnected or battery voltage gets so low it would be the same as disconnecting the battery.

Thanks,
David
Old 05-13-2023, 04:24 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

My battery died a few weeks ago. After recharging the battery, got a few temporary warning messages (e.g. check turn signals), but the CEL remains on. Just bought a veepeak obd 2 reader to see what the message is and if I can clear it.

Quick Reply: Procedure after a dead battery or disconnected battery?