Sponsored by:

Experiences with M-engineering tune on 992S

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 02:06 AM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Malakas
So, for those running this tune (stage 1 or certainly stage 2)... The car does ok with putting this power down? I've never had a sports car over 500hp that wasn't AWD so I never worried about traction ... But the stock CS power seems pretty stout. I love revving the engine all the way up ... Just wondering if anyone ever felt the tune was too much power to be frequently usable.
M-Engineering has this note in the FAQ regarding tires:

The following 3 users liked this post by CZS:
AlterZgo (05-11-2023), dixonk (05-10-2023), vg247 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 04:16 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 801 Posts

So, for those running this tune (stage 1 or certainly stage 2)... The car does ok with putting this power down? I've never had a sports car over 500hp that wasn't AWD so I never worried about traction ... But the stock CS power seems pretty stout. I love revving the engine all the way up ... Just wondering if anyone ever felt the tune was too much power to be frequently usable.
It will easily spin the tires. I think I may try out some Cup2 after my PS4S goes.
The following users liked this post:
mattchow (01-31-2024)
Old 05-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
M-Engineering has this note in the FAQ regarding tires:
I ran toyo 888rs on my GTR as a daily tire. Sketchy in rain and super loud on the freeway... But yeah they held on nicely when it was go time.

My GT63s had Cup2s.... Same issue, swapped them for the PS4S with excellent results.. I guess it depends on how you use the car - or what you're looking to achieve... Definitely more grip but at the cost of civility.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:44 AM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

I like spinning the tires. Just turn off TC and have at it. After a Z06 this car is nothing.
tourenwagen (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 11:31 AM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

I have fbo stage2 on my C2S plus the PDK tune (~600+ hp), I don't spin from 40mph or above on PS4S. But I also keep the pressures around 30 at the rears; you will spin at higher psi. At lower speeds there is spin but its very manageable on this car.
The following 2 users liked this post by reddsektor:
Master Deep (02-01-2024), Tsobocop (05-20-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 02:12 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

I agree, this car seems very even when you're spinning. The factory LSD in my '94 Supra was ok, but the the rear always went left when spinning.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:59 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
The tires need to get up to temp on my GTS, otherwise it’s a skating rink. I have Michelin PS4S at 38psi cold.
38 cold?! That must feel like driving a lightweight tank.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:20 PM
DButcher
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 56 Posts

Does anyone know if you can use the m-tuner / software to code an oil change? I would like to start doing my own maintenance on my 4S but can't reset oil life. Instead of buying another tool, I was hoping I might be able to with my m-tuner.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:29 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

No
Old 01-31-2024, 10:34 PM
ThrustNormal
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Has anyone gone back to the dealer for service after installing an M-engineering tune and then flashing back to stock for the dealer visit? They say that if you flash back to stock with your old stock files, Porsche will not be able to tell its was ever turned and thus not void the warranty in the power-train. Is this true, anyone have engine warranty work done after tune?
Old 01-31-2024, 11:33 PM
992 911 GTS

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrustNormal
Has anyone gone back to the dealer for service after installing an M-engineering tune and then flashing back to stock for the dealer visit? They say that if you flash back to stock with your old stock files, Porsche will not be able to tell its was ever turned and thus not void the warranty in the power-train. Is this true, anyone have engine warranty work done after tune?
pretty sure that engine parameter files show it operating outside of designed tolerances, even though tune can’t be seen.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:36 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by ThrustNormal
I’ve done this 4x - 1st yr, 2nd yr service and the windshield replacement service for the melting molding issue and a 4th visit for coding out rear spoiler lift when I installed the aerokit wing. All 4 times I flashed back to stock and they serviced the car and handled warranty work and even aftermarket spoiler coding without issue.

Even when I was getting the windshield replaced and the car had to be fully aligned for recalibration of the front cameras, they did it no questions asked even though I was running full Bilstein coil over suspension with car lowered and aftermarket rims/tires. I know this has nothing to do with the tune but just another example of how my dealer is pretty mod friendly. They have never flagged my car for any of my mods though I definitely remove the M engineering tune for any reason I take my car in. It is a 10 minute process to return to stock.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
nesretnika (02-01-2024), vg247 (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 04:03 PM
992 911 GTS

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I’ve done this 4x - 1st yr, 2nd yr service and the windshield replacement service for the melting molding issue and a 4th visit for coding out rear spoiler lift when I installed the aerokit wing. All 4 times I flashed back to stock and they serviced the car and handled warranty work and even aftermarket spoiler coding without issue.

Even when I was getting the windshield replaced and the car had to be fully aligned for recalibration of the front cameras, they did it no questions asked even though I was running full Bilstein coil over suspension with car lowered and aftermarket rims/tires. I know this has nothing to do with the tune but just another example of how my dealer is pretty mod friendly. They have never flagged my car for any of my mods though I definitely remove the M engineering tune for any reason I take my car in. It is a 10 minute process to return to stock.
if your engine exploded they’d look at all of the relevant logs to better understand the cause of failure. Those logs will show out of parameter behavior.
silverscooby27 (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 08:53 PM
wakesetter
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just completed my tune

It took me a while to pull the trigger, as I was uncertain on paying $2500 for a car I will never track. But after talking to some friends that have tuned their cars and the fact that this tune also gets rid of auto stop/start, allows for revving the engine in neutral above 3500 rpm, opens up the PSE, eliminating cold start AND gives an increase in HP/Torque I pulled the trigger.

Today, I received M-Tuner and dongle. As previously posts have mentioned M-Engineering is extremely responsive. I sent my file with questions to M-Engineering around 4:45, at 5:10 they answered my questions, by 5:20 I had a file to download to my car. The download is simple and took five minutes to install. I used on an M2 MacBook running Parallels for the install.

I love the fully open PSE now. The car is loud - I am not sure if I still need an exhaust upgrade, as although I like the weight savings, sound is what I was after. I have that now. The car is noticeable quicker, and I have not even had a chance to test it yet.
Victory911 (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 09:23 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by wakesetter
It took me a while to pull the trigger, as I was uncertain on paying $2500 for a car I will never track. But after talking to some friends that have tuned their cars and the fact that this tune also gets rid of auto stop/start, allows for revving the engine in neutral above 3500 rpm, opens up the PSE, eliminating cold start AND gives an increase in HP/Torque I pulled the trigger.

Today, I received M-Tuner and dongle. As previously posts have mentioned M-Engineering is extremely responsive. I sent my file with questions to M-Engineering around 4:45, at 5:10 they answered my questions, by 5:20 I had a file to download to my car. The download is simple and took five minutes to install. I used on an M2 MacBook running Parallels for the install.

I love the fully open PSE now. The car is loud - I am not sure if I still need an exhaust upgrade, as although I like the weight savings, sound is what I was after. I have that now. The car is noticeable quicker, and I have not even had a chance to test it yet.
Congrats! Thanks for also confirming that you were able to install with your M2 MacBook Pro running Parallels. I had been saving my old Intel Macbook Pro only to use for my M Engineering tune. Going to ditch it now and use my M3 MacBook Pro.

Quick Reply: Experiences with M-engineering tune on 992S