Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walked in - got a Targa GTS allocation, now need your help finalising...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 07:21 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGeneral
Carmine Red is my vote. Had to use Guards Red for stitching and dials because I wanted ventilated seats and 930 leather and Carmine isn’t an option. Also wanted high gloss packages…
Oh man -- that thing is 🔥🔥🔥🔥. My next car will be Carmine.
The following users liked this post:
TheGeneral (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 07:34 PM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 113 Posts

Thanks! It’s been a long time comin’! Almost here….on the water…this time next month..zoom zoom!
Old 04-25-2023, 07:56 PM
WhiskyGuy
Track Day

Received 71 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the helpful replies. I’ve settled on the Carmine Red. It’s what my heart was telling me to do, but having spent many hours on the configurator over the past months you do start to doubt those first instincts. It’s amazing how much effort it is to finalise your spec when you only have 48 hours…

I did make some changes though:

Swapped the GTS red interior for black leather with crayon stitching, then added the leather pack (with the aluminium trim), Porsche logo on headrests, silver grey seat belts (to match in with the trim), the leather GT steering wheel and to finish it off the quilted 930 leather which I really like and adds a sporty element to the classy leather.

Only concern was the crayon stitching with the silver grey seat belts but from memory their virtually the same side by side. A shame to loose the CR chrono/rev counter from the GTS package but pretty minor in the whole package.

I also removed the privacy glass. The car looks better with roof down without it, but roof up I do think it benefits from the darker glass defining the roof line. This was a 50/50 throw of a coin! Doubt I’ll regret it.

In terms of the situation at the dealer my guess is they had a few folk on the list for Targa GTS but that they couldn’t find the money or had second thoughts. The cost of living in the UK is an issue for many and with interest rates so high the price of finance is no longer as attractive as it once was. Things are changing. Sure I never expected to walk in and get a June build and delivery slot for the car I wanted immediately, but things are cooling off in terms of demand.

alin2 (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 08:15 PM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

“A shame to loose the CR chrono/rev counter from the GTS package but pretty minor in the whole package.“

The GR on the dials vs CR is really not noticeable. Probably like the silver vs crayon. That was one of the first things I looked at when I first saw the car. I did the seat belts in GR too. With all the options Porsche provides, why can’t one get CR dials and belts too no matter what other options one picks. It’s just crazy - and to me, so German.

Enjoy!

Last edited by TheGeneral; 04-25-2023 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:44 AM
WhiskyGuy
Track Day

For those that are interested my final configuration is here: PRMSTVU8

Pretty crazy finalising things in such a short timescale, but very happy with the outcome!
Old 04-26-2023, 10:56 AM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Might you consider FAL since it’s a GTS? I’ve read where many wished they had done that. Certainly not everyone, but it may be one of those expenditures in the whole scheme of things that is worth it. Looks like a great build!
Old 04-26-2023, 11:37 AM
WhiskyGuy
Track Day

Might you consider FAL since it’s a GTS?
Thanks for the kind comment. Salesman seemed to think its not needed if careful. The Targa is only 10mm lowered rather than 20mm I believe? I do have a sloping driveway, but easy enough to remember to reverse in if needed. I did have a car that was very low, you just become more observant... that said I'll be going very slow and steady over speed bumps before I get a sense of what it can and cant cope with!
Old 04-26-2023, 12:12 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,007 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskyGuy
Thanks for the kind comment. Salesman seemed to think it’s not needed if careful. The Targa is only 10mm lowered rather than 20mm I believe? I do have a sloping driveway, but easy enough to remember to reverse in if needed. I did have a car that was very low, you just become more observant... that said I'll be going very slow and steady over speed bumps before I get a sense of what it can and cant cope with!
Good advice from your dealer. It’s all about the angle and speed.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:13 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Not a targa but the best red…
WhiskyGuy (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 09:41 PM
5thGen Texan
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskyGuy
Thanks for the kind comment. Salesman seemed to think its not needed if careful. The Targa is only 10mm lowered rather than 20mm I believe? I do have a sloping driveway, but easy enough to remember to reverse in if needed. I did have a car that was very low, you just become more observant... that said I'll be going very slow and steady over speed bumps before I get a sense of what it can and cant cope with!
I agree with The911Don about angle & speed. Certainly true.

With that said, that's the one thing on our highly spec'd 4s we should have included. That's because it's far safer for us to drive out nose first on our angled driveway, so we're constantly looking to exit at the sweet spot of "angle and speed", a thing FAL would have solved. Speed bumps - yes just be careful, but think about other places you'll frequent. Do they have access or departure issues? Just thoughts - not wanting to stress your decisions, but do add the considerations(s) where else you will travel because that may be an influence.

Cheers!

Last edited by 5thGen Texan; 04-26-2023 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Walked in - got a Targa GTS allocation, now need your help finalising...