Sponsored by:

What is your in car camera?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 02:05 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael T
As I understand it, Panasonic has a wider range zoom. Even though it is a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar, any super range zoom (24mm to 200mm equivalent) is a compromise in both image quality and maximum aperture. It only has f2.8 to f4.5 aperture, instead of f1.7 to f2.8.
We might be looking at different cameras,
Leica D-Lux 7 vs Panasonic LX100 II Detailed Comparison - PXLMAG.com

AI takeover:
"The Leica D-Lux 7 and Panasonic LX100 II are distinct cameras that share a common platform, resulting in many similarities.
Both cameras have a lot in common, such as:

Sensor: They both use the same 17-megapixel Four Thirds sensor.
Lens: They share the same Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9-34mm f/1.7-2.8 lens (equivalent to 24-75mm in 35mm format).
Processor: Both cameras use the same Venus Engine image processor.
Design: They have a very similar physical design, with similar button layouts and functionality.
Video capabilities: Both cameras can record 4K video at 30fps.

However, there are some differences between the two models, such as:

Firmware and software: The cameras may have slightly different firmware and software features, including color profiles and in-camera processing options."

With all that said, it is probably better for long term to get a Leica DLux7 these days, maybe tougher to get warranty support on an LX100 II unlike the DLux7.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:19 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Did another server reset...earlier photos gone , uploaded some old photos of cupcam .. my car in for service. goes in both ways. bulk from the case keeps it locked in place
btw the filter I think its called Heliopan 49mm UV SH-PMC....keeping it simple

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-26-2023 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2023, 02:00 PM
sanford
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts

I always carry a camera. My favorite everyday carry camera is a Leica Q2. I just don’t drive my CS Cab to any large Bay Area cities, too many bad drivers and break ins. If I have to to San Francisco, I drive my old Tacoma. People seem to leave it alone.
The following users liked this post:
porsche.earth (04-28-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 02:54 PM
gtpanda
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone tried or have feedback on the Ricoh GR iii? I especially like how compact it is, picture quality looks good too.. some cons are it’s not weather sealed and dust intrusion seems to be reported frequently. I have an old x100s but that is very slow by todays standards and don’t feel like carrying around full frames and lenses for daily out and about photos.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:32 PM
thermallc
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

iPhone would be the best in terms of versatility. If image quality, go for the Hasselblad X1D or the X1D-II w/ a 45mm lens, compact enough, and decent AF speed, surely fantastic medium format sensor image quality in terms of color tone and crispiness. Brand wise, it fits 911 in terms of history, which applies to Leica, though need to be a rangefinder though.

Quick Reply: What is your in car camera?