Sponsored by:

Strange code on start up

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 12:11 PM
jjw285
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Strange code on start up

I'm about 500 miles into my GTS. I've been following break in period, car hasn't been above 5k rpm much at all. Peak may have been about 6-6.5 -- I've babied it.

This morning, I started it up, and the start up did not sound normal at all. It sort of rattled a little bit, did not sound like a good start at all...I heard it immediately.

It flashed "driving possible, reduced power, please visit workshop" or something similar. I backed it out of my driveway, turned it off. About a min or two later, decided to start it up again...no error message/codes. Start up sounded normal.

Car drove fine after that, no evidence anything ever happened. Is this something I should take in to the dealer, or has anyone ever had a 1 off code?
Old 04-17-2023, 01:25 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't have any solutions for you, but I can offer some tips.

It's likely that the errors will come back. In the future, try to take pictures or videos of the errors, and document as much as possible. The errors will often disappear after you restart your car. You don't want to take your car in for service only to be told that the problem can't be reproduced. This would waste everyone's time and could very likely make the problem worse.

My batch error issues started with a single RAS error. The problem has only gotten worse since then, even after multiple service visits. My car wouldn't even move forward yesterday. This is something that was supposed to be fixed last year. It's unlikely that you'll experience the same thing so early on, but be prepared for issues to pop up.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-17-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:53 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Check messages in the PCM. If possible, use an Autel MK 808 scanner to check for codes.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:39 AM
Tyrell's Prodigy
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 40 Posts

I suspect that would be an issue with the exhaust flaps. The start up rattle could be the flap being shaken around and any DTCs thrown by the flaps immediately throws a CEL and limits turbo pressure.

I had the very same on my RS4 when it was around a year old and the wiring had burnt through.

Highly unlikely to be the case with only 500 miles on the clock but deffo need to check the DTCs.

Quick Reply: Strange code on start up