Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about opening a post and sharing the 992's hidden tips and menus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 04:57 PM
Walloon
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just turn off the Stop Start
Old 05-20-2023, 05:19 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,067 Likes on 1,762 Posts

My frunk won't open for me with my key in my pocket. I'm swiping left to right per the owners manual. Am I missing something? Secret password, handshake?
Old 05-20-2023, 06:51 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
My frunk won't open for me with my key in my pocket. I'm swiping left to right per the owners manual. Am I missing something? Secret password, handshake?
I find that holding my hand over the frunk a few inches above the surface for a second or two before waving seems to get it to work. Speed of waving also seems to make a difference. It’s a nice idea but functionally needs some engineering refinement
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (05-23-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 08:54 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Lock door

Originally Posted by 99two
Not a big one, but I’m used to having a car lock button at the trunk. Figured out I could park the car, pop the frunk, lock the car at the handles, retrieve items from the frunk and the car will be locked. This way there is no need to walk back to the door handles, or take the key out to lock the car after retrieving items from the trunk with your hands full
Same technique but expressed in more detail.
When I open the door to exit, I pop the frunk open with the door-sill switch, touch the door button on the handle to lock it, and the doors will re-lock themselves when the frunk is closed as evidenced by a loud double chirp.

Last edited by Yojeffo; 05-20-2023 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Just some stupid crapola
Old 05-20-2023, 09:10 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan006
when using the "boost" button on the steering wheel, the rear spoiler rises more to provide even more downforce aérodynamique
I give up.... what's the boost button?
Old 05-20-2023, 10:27 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
I give up.... what's the boost button?
It's the sport response button, the button in the center of the mode dial that is mounted n the lower right quadrant of the steering wheel on cars so equipped.
Yojeffo (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 11:12 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,534 Posts

Don’t do that. Swipe from the front edge of the bumper, in front of the badge and up towards the badge, with your hand 1/2” or so above the surface. Works 99% of the time, at least for me over the last 2-3 years.

Hope that helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by aggie57:
AdamIsAdam (05-23-2023), Yojeffo (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Just J
It's the sport response button, the button in the center of the mode dial that is mounted n the lower right quadrant of the steering wheel on cars so equipped.
AKA Launch control. Don't know why or how I never heard that term before.

Thanks for launching me up to speed!
Old 05-20-2023, 11:28 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
AKA Launch control. Don't know why or how I never heard that term before.

Thanks for launching me up to speed!
Only sort of. For example, if you put the car in Sport Plus (or Sport, I believe), step on the brake, and floor the throttle, you get Launch control without the button.

Conversely, if you're driving along an want some quick extra power for a pass, hit the button and the car will put effectively put itself in Sport Plus mode (so, downshifting to put the engine at the right RPMs for max power) for 20 seconds, or until you hit the button again, which ever comes first. Responds perhaps a little quicker and more comprehensively than just stomping on the gas. So it's useful for a lot more than launching, though I think you can use it that way if you want.
Yojeffo (05-21-2023)
Old 05-21-2023, 12:05 AM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
Only sort of. For example, if you put the car in Sport Plus (or Sport, I believe), step on the brake, and floor the throttle, you get Launch control without the button.

Conversely, if you're driving along an want some quick extra power for a pass, hit the button and the car will put effectively put itself in Sport Plus mode (so, downshifting to put the engine at the right RPMs for max power) for 20 seconds, or until you hit the button again, which ever comes first. Responds perhaps a little quicker and more comprehensively than just stomping on the gas. So it's useful for a lot more than launching, though I think you can use it that way if you want.
It's like sport plus plus. I'll confirm but 99% sure it holds a higher gear and rpm than sports plus. Also everything feels a little tighter.
Yojeffo (05-21-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 10:56 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I figured something out that I'll share...

I like to be able to turn off the AC compressor on cool days and just have the vent on. But in their infinite wisdom, Porsche removed the physical switch for the AC and the only way to turn off the compressor and leave the vent and fan on is through the menu, which is beyond stupid and unsafe. So I configured the steering wheel programmable switch to turn on/off the RECIRC function, because doing that also turns on/off the AC compressor. BINGO! It resets when you select AUTO, so don't do that. The only flaw is that when AC is off the RECIRC is closed, so I'm not getting fresh air in. Not ideal, but at least I can turn off the AC compressor and feel more engine power by just tapping a thumb switch.
Victory911 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:24 PM
HappinessProcured
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

My mirrors fold when I lock the car, but there are times you may not want them folded. And I'm too lazy to go into the settings to temporarily alter the behavior. However, I found that locking the car with the My Porsche app leaves the mirrors alone. Useful for things like cars and coffee when followed by pressing both lock and unlock on the key fob to prevent the thing from unlocking itself as you wander around. If there's an even easier way, I'd love to hear it, but this is pretty low fuss.
Old 05-24-2023, 11:46 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I'm confused by your statement of the lock/unlock and the car unlocking itself. Please elaborate.

As for mirrors, I prefer to have them always out, showing off the agate gray. When I park somewhere that I want them folded, I hit the button inside to fold them in. At least that's my thinking today; that could change tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:16 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,534 Posts

Originally Posted by HappinessProcured
My mirrors fold when I lock the car, but there are times you may not want them folded. And I'm too lazy to go into the settings to temporarily alter the behavior. However, I found that locking the car with the My Porsche app leaves the mirrors alone. Useful for things like cars and coffee when followed by pressing both lock and unlock on the key fob to prevent the thing from unlocking itself as you wander around. If there's an even easier way, I'd love to hear it, but this is pretty low fuss.
or just unlock the car but don't open the door. It’ll lock itself in a minute or so with wings out.
Bluehighways (05-26-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 02:13 AM
HappinessProcured
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm confused by your statement of the lock/unlock and the car unlocking itself. Please elaborate.

As for mirrors, I prefer to have them always out, showing off the agate gray. When I park somewhere that I want them folded, I hit the button inside to fold them in. At least that's my thinking today; that could change tomorrow.
The car can be set to unlock when you approach with the keys. To stop this, you can press both lock and unlock buttons on the key fob at the same time for maybe a second.

It is true that most of the time there is no need to have the mirrors folded. Your approach makes sense.

Quick Reply: How about opening a post and sharing the 992's hidden tips and menus?