Sponsored by:

Targa allocation and asking MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
idosan88
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salukutinaveen
Hello All ! Before I go to the dealership and ask for a Targa GTS allocation for MSRP, I want to find out if its a realistic expectation, in the current market.

I am not in rush and can wait for the car to arrive.

Thank you !!
MSRP for a Targa GTS is out of this world right now. I had several dealers ask for 35k ADM on a Targa 4 GTS, I ended up with a 2024 Targa 4S and was able to get them down to 20k. The dealer from who I got my allocation also had a GTS allocation available just a week ago(Not sure if still available). If you're interested, I can provide you with their info and you can try negotiating the ADM. Send me a message if interested.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:15 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
1) where are you? now that dealers are all geo-sensitive location matters more than ever
2) go ask around and let us know what you hear. I can tell you in Los Angeles thats not realistic for any car you'd see in the next year but people have had MUCH better luck elsewhere.
This is excellent advice. If you have internet access (and clearly you do) your shopping area is the continental U.S. Either that, or as far as you're wiling to travel to sign the paperwork when it's purchased (this must almost always be done in person).
I'm in Southern California; When I shop for a new vehicle, all dealers from the Rocky Mountains West to the Pacific become of interest to me. They all have websites and they all have an email account. Many dealers have someone who looks at emails that are to the "General Manager". Dealers have been told, by their respective manufactures, getting an email inquiry from a potential customer identifies your/our type of shopper; It's a positive thing to any dealer of any intelligence. One fellow, on this forum, that I know, bought his 911 from a dealership in Atlanta. He then selected the, then available PEC delivery option. So he had it delivered to the Porsche Experience Center here in Los Angeles. As a result, he was able to use the entire nation and he didn't even need to pay the shipping; Porsche delivered it to the LA PEC. My only regret is that I didn't think of this. FWIW it kind of looks like Porsche is not ignorant of this and they've eliminated or put this delivery option on hold. LOL
Old 05-26-2023, 10:16 AM
ATXGuy
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

I was able to secure a Targa 4S with no ADM. It took about 13 months between asking for it, to me actually taking delivery.

It all depends on your market, but here are some potential ways to negotiate. Unfortunately they all add to the cost of your no ADM 911, but at least you get some value instead of pissing away ADM.
  • See if servicing at their dealership moves the needle, tell them you'll buy the pre-paid service package for 2 services
  • See if they'll let you buy something now and trade it in when your car arrives, under the premise you get the next allocation
  • If you have any cool cars to sell, see if they'll make you a trade offer you are OK with and they want
The following users liked this post:
360MVA (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 10:50 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,012 Likes on 468 Posts

Ask and ye shall receive.

Just make sure you do a lot of asking.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:07 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Either that, or as far as you're wiling to travel to sign the paperwork when it's purchased (this must almost always be done in person)
I didn’t step foot in my dealer once. Everything was done via phone and email. Dealer FedEx’d me the documents with a prepaid return envelope inside. All I had to do was sign the papers, include a personal check, and FedEx it back to them the next day.
Old 06-04-2023, 03:09 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

As others have said, shop around. I got a Targa GTS allocation back in the Fall of 2022 when ADMs were rampant. But just have to ask and make a lot of calls. Try smaller dealers

Quick Reply: Targa allocation and asking MSRP