Sponsored by:

Another Shark Blue GTS thread - yellow deviated stitching 'gts backdoor' pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 08:50 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
instead of getting the “GTS Package,” you opt for the leather/Race Tex interior in Black. Then select the deviated stitching package color. Finally, you a la carte the other bits that you normally get in the GTS package (carbon trim, belt colors, tach/SC dial colors, etc).
Nice!!! That’s perfect. I was able to select ventilated seats as well. I wonder if that’s really possible though, or a configurator error. I’ve never seen the possibility of ventilated seats on Race-Tex. Can someone confirm?
Old 03-10-2023, 09:01 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 983 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
Nice!!! That’s perfect. I was able to select ventilated seats as well. I wonder if that’s really possible though, or a configurator error. I’ve never seen the possibility of ventilated seats on Race-Tex. Can someone confirm?
seem like a glitch. Or you accidentally opt leather/race Tex with leather seat center.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:13 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,275 Likes on 645 Posts

Great spec. Love yellow accents with SB. Now swap those orange marker lights for the OEM clear ones asap. Will make a huge difference on that spec. Otherwise don't touch it its perfect.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:23 PM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice build. I have shark blue envy. The yellow stitching matches the PCCB really well.
The following users liked this post:
protamine (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 04:44 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts

seem like a glitch. Or you accidentally opt leather/race Tex with leather seat center.
No, I kept the Race-Tex seat centers. When you switch to Leather seat centers, the GTS logo on the headrests disappears. See below:

Old 03-11-2023, 05:21 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 116 Posts

How is this “back door” method to deviated stitching done? When I try to select deviated stitching in the configurator, it asks me to change the leather option. Would appreciate pointing me to the instructions on how to get this. 🙏
instead of getting the “GTS Package,” you opt for the leather/Race Tex interior in Black. Then select the deviated stitching package color. Finally, you a la carte the other bits that you normally get in the GTS package (carbon trim, belt colors, tach/SC dial colors, etc).
this

Originally Posted by slc4s
Great spec. Love yellow accents with SB. Now swap those orange marker lights for the OEM clear ones asap. Will make a huge difference on that spec. Otherwise don't touch it its perfect.
No, I kept the Race-Tex seat centers. When you switch to Leather seat centers, the GTS logo on the headrests disappears. See below:
The configurator will not display the deviated color. But if you spec: interior in racetex and leather with race Tex seat inserts there will be ‘GtS’ on the headrests. Adding deviated stitching will change the GtS color on the headrests. The base color for that spec is black stitch and if you look it doesn’t go away, just go to black. Then add belts and dials of choice (and carbon fiber if desired) and the total package is within $1000 of the GTS packages(chalk or carmine).

I went out on a limb knowing that the calipers looked good against SB so the interior in a match color would as well. There are a few GT3s that had been delivered as well. Overall SB is a little hard to photograph accurately, it’s quite dynamic. And with most photography on the internet being auto processed phone pictures there’s quite a bit of variety.

car is getting ppf, ceramic and tint as well as clear markers as we speak!
Old 03-23-2023, 04:12 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by protamine
this

The configurator will not display the deviated color. But if you spec: interior in racetex and leather with race Tex seat inserts there will be ‘GtS’ on the headrests. Adding deviated stitching will change the GtS color on the headrests. The base color for that spec is black stitch and if you look it doesn’t go away, just go to black. Then add belts and dials of choice (and carbon fiber if desired) and the total package is within $1000 of the GTS packages(chalk or carmine).

I went out on a limb knowing that the calipers looked good against SB so the interior in a match color would as well. There are a few GT3s that had been delivered as well. Overall SB is a little hard to photograph accurately, it’s quite dynamic. And with most photography on the internet being auto processed phone pictures there’s quite a bit of variety.

car is getting ppf, ceramic and tint as well as clear markers as we speak!
I’m doing this with speed blue deviated stitching and hoping the “GTS” logo will also turn blue! Hoping I’ll have the same experience as you. Makes sense too since the logo is stitched into the seat.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:19 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by SS22
I’m doing this with speed blue deviated stitching and hoping the “GTS” logo will also turn blue! Hoping I’ll have the same experience as you. Makes sense too since the logo is stitched into the seat.
yes it indeed will!

The following users liked this post:
Jeahbladejeah (04-02-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 04:23 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 367 Posts

Deleted.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:25 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

yes it indeed will!
You just made my day! And I’m salivating. That looks AMAZING! Post more photos
Old 03-23-2023, 04:57 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by SS22
You just made my day! And I’m salivating. That looks AMAZING! Post more photos
Here you go: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1325...s-992-gts.html

Sorry OP for hijacking
Old 03-24-2023, 04:50 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Sorry OP for hijacking
Absolute stunner!!
Old 03-25-2023, 07:46 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Sorry OP for hijacking

Looks really good! I was going to go Shark Blue deviated with white dials but I got bold and matched the pccbs!

But since you hijacked my thread the only penance is for you to come shoot my car, holy crap your photos are great.
The following 2 users liked this post by protamine:
Captain P (10-03-2023), woobiee (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 09:48 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by protamine
Looks really good! I was going to go Shark Blue deviated with white dials but I got bold and matched the pccbs!

But since you hijacked my thread the only penance is for you to come shoot my car, holy crap your photos are great.
If I'm in your area, absolutely
Old 10-03-2023, 05:45 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

It has been a good 2000 miles so far. However, I picked up a vibration that hasnt really gone away. Car drove straight but vibrated at speeds that were legal and .... more than legal. I took it to the dealer and they road force balanced and the fronts were out but the driver rear wouldn't get in spec, so the tire was replaced free of charge.

Anyone who poopoos PDK must realize that photos like this make the purchase go over much better than *having that f** thing in the garage*

The following 4 users liked this post by protamine:
brainzito (10-03-2023), Captain P (10-03-2023), nesretnika (10-04-2023), shrimp money (10-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Another Shark Blue GTS thread - yellow deviated stitching 'gts backdoor' pics