Sponsored by:

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 11:18 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
Anyone with feedback on Porsche branded insurance?
There are a few threads. It has generally been positive.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:10 PM
Stebbo
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

And I thought the UK had high insurance.

I complained when my landrover insurance went up to £540 a year, was shocked / fell off my chair when I was able to get the 992 insured for £430 a year, admittedly with reduced miles (8000) but still a cheap quote from a respectable uk company - esure
Old 09-23-2023, 06:03 PM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Anyone seeing rate hikes recently? My policy just renewed with Geico and went up 21% with no accident or claims for years. When I contacted them they told me they had to raise rates for everyone to keep up with costs etc. I'm guessing this is just the typical games these companies play rather than an industry trend. It's never happened to me in the past. Anyone else seeing this lately?
Old 09-23-2023, 06:24 PM
jbl16
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray K.
Anyone seeing rate hikes recently? My policy just renewed with Geico and went up 21% with no accident or claims for years. When I contacted them they told me they had to raise rates for everyone to keep up with costs etc. I'm guessing this is just the typical games these companies play rather than an industry trend. It's never happened to me in the past. Anyone else seeing this lately?
Every 2-3 years I switch companies at a significant discount. Always shop around. They all practice rate creep on renewals.
The following users liked this post:
Ray K. (09-23-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 01:17 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Insurance is wildly variable and goes by the market you are in, and if the carrier is looking to write in your area in addition to your loss records, license, etc. Some of the companies you think are low on rates are some of the highest (USAA / GEICO). Mostly its which carrier is hungry for the business.

I just switched my Commercial Business policy last month for my two business trucks and business liability from Nationwide who I have been with 22 years when the upped the policy to $ 8,900. Progressive just entered the Virginia Market for Business Insurance and are aggressive in writing. $ 2,770 for the same exact policy and coverage. That's a significant gap.

I also use Progressive for my four personal vehicles. ('21 992S Cab, '21 Cayenne GTS, '20 Macan S, 22 Ford Ranger Lariat). $ 2,840 annually for all four, full coverage, $ 1K deductible. My rates went down on the most recent renewal by 10%.

You have to shop around. BTW, there are no aftermarket parts for Porsche to speak of, there are not enough units made to make it worthwhile for the Chinese to job. up on them, they stay in mass market cars.
Ray K. (09-25-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 08:37 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,970 Likes on 798 Posts

They’re not just trying to rip you off. It is a major industry trend. All insurance carriers are trying to raise prices because they are all losing money. Everything has gone up massively in price. Cost of parts for cars, cost of used cars and new cars, cost of medical expenses have all gone up due to pandemic parts shortages coupled with inflationary pressures.

Notice how used cars have held their values like crazy? Well when your car is totaled, that means insurance companies pay more for total loss settlements. Car repairs take longer because of parts unavailability which drives up rental costs, rental cars cost more to rent because rental companies dumped all their fleet when pandemic hit then had to re-buy their cars at majorly increased prices which are passed onto renters. Same goes for injury claims because of vastly increased cost of medical expenses and increasing jury verdicts.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:11 PM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

A few comments on the Porsche Insurance:

The cost seems reasonable to me. I drive about 10,000 miles a year on my C2S. Cost is about $1700 a year. Base plus 10 cents a mile. The $5000 quote above does not seem correct.
I set the fixed value at $130,000. Saves any hassle about fair valuation.
One problem I discovered after being rear ended. Body damage about $18,000. I went after the other driver's insurance rather than Porsche insurance. So no experience with Porsche insurance service. The reason I did that is that the Porsche insurance contract limits diminished value claims to 10% of the damages. I was able to get $10,000 diminished value from the other driver's insurance.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:11 PM
Mrcleanr6
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

for the turbo s here in new jersey, which is crazy high for insurance, usaa has me at $3200. not great but not terrible. i need to change it to a agreed value type of policy. if it ever got totaled they would never give me anywhere near what its worth. my wifes sante fe got totaled in a hit and run. they really got me on that one. the check was about $7k short of current value at the time. they basically told me it is what it is and thats all they are giving me. with all that said, i dont feel too bad about the 3200 because i just got a quote to cover my boat at a mere $25k a year...nuts
Old 09-26-2023, 08:45 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

That's the whole reason I came across this thread. I have a Macan S that just had my rate go up 36%!!!! Clean driving record. And this is about six weeks before I have to add my new Carrera T to the policy. I'll be going from $860/year for the Macan to about $3800/year for the Macan + Carrera T. Ugh. Progressive says "crime in Washington has greatly increased and car thefts have increased 137%" Granted, most drivers are awful and only getting worse.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:26 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

when is porsche insurance opening back up to new clients? anyone know?
Old 09-27-2023, 10:14 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 199 Posts

Insurance here in FL has sky rocketed. My truck alone is now as much as my entire last policy. Has to be close to a 100% increase. 911 is around $1300 for 6 months.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:25 AM
vladie22
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Insurance here in FL has sky rocketed. My truck alone is now as much as my entire last policy. Has to be close to a 100% increase. 911 is around $1300 for 6 months.
Insurance companies need to recoup their losses from the hurricane. All of my policies, from auto to homeowners, went up this year.
Old 09-27-2023, 11:03 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by vladie22
Insurance companies need to recoup their losses from the hurricane. All of my policies, from auto to homeowners, went up this year.
It's not my fault they were running such tight margins. Maybe don't pay the CEO 13million and tighten down on fraud. Insurance exists for a reason and when things happen they are just like oh crap we spent all the money we made so gotta jack up the rates (which will never go back down)
Old 09-27-2023, 11:30 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
I have found this to be true after my son got rear ended in his Mustang. They paid and they paid fast. But getting that letter with raised rates every 6 months is irritating. Just checked the policy and it’s $1200 every 6 months for the 911.
I dropped USAA insurance for my home and auto and switched to Amica after being with USAA for 20 years. Their customer service has been amazing and they are rated as good or better than USAA. I got tired of USAA rasing their rates so they can pay for TV commercials--WTF! I still bank with them though but no loans or insurance.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaddMike:
adrianp89 (09-27-2023), dixonk (09-27-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 01:27 PM
Shr
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
That is more than what I pay here in NY for mine
I should definitely shop around to see if I get better rates
adrianp89 (09-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Insurance