Sponsored by:

C2S Delivery and Driving Review!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 09:00 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Careful you don’t drop pressures too low in the name of ‘comfort’ and start blowing out sidewalls and bending those very expensive center locks on crappy city roads. Everything is a compromise.
I second that. Don't go from Full Load down to Comfort without trying Partial Load first. I'm guessing that Comfort was design for markets with low speed limits (Singapore, Hong Kong) or poor roads (developing countries).
Old 02-27-2023, 10:10 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nein Eleven
I second that. Don't go from Full Load down to Comfort without trying Partial Load first. I'm guessing that Comfort was design for markets with low speed limits (Singapore, Hong Kong) or poor roads (developing countries).
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to not go too far down on the pressures.

I have SPASM and I'm guessing riding on higher pressures is what makes the normal mode feel very stiff for me.

I do feel a difference between normal, sport, and sport plus, it's just not as different as I'd prefer. I think I would prefer normal mode to be a little softer, quieter. Sport mode is basically normal suspension with slightly more pops and crackles. Sport plus basically keeps the RPM around 3000 minimum and the suspension goes stiffer. It seems like a lot of you guys feel a big difference between them, but to me, coming from a big range rover it all feels very stiff already and the differences don't seem all that huge. This is just one week with the car, I think I probably have to spend more time with it to better appreciate the nuances.

18 way the seat cushion itself just doesn't feel as plush and after 1.5 hrs my *** definitely hurts. And I'm used to cycling for hours at a time so it may just be a different type of support I have to get used to.

PDLS+: if I turn the car the nose of the car turns and it feels the light "turns" but it's different than what I'm used to where the light actually shows a dark curvy road's corner upon turning. Maybe I'll get mine checked out. I'd describe it more as because the car is so responsive with steering, the minute I turn the steering the light shows the corner but it's as if the light is a straight extension of a responsive nose, as opposed to a light that bends.

Old 02-28-2023, 12:56 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

To adjust passenger mirror dipping:

1. Put car in reverse
2. adjust passenger mirror down to where you want
3. that’s it. Put car back in park or drive and it should move back up to where you set it for normal driving.
The following 4 users liked this post by Master Deep:
adrianp89 (02-28-2023), Rxpert (03-01-2023), SAlexander (02-28-2023), vg247 (03-01-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 02:00 AM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to not go too far down on the pressures.

I have SPASM and I'm guessing riding on higher pressures is what makes the normal mode feel very stiff for me.
Have you checked your original pressures by scrolling to the tire pressure readout on the gauge to the right of the speedo? Tried lowering to Partial Load yet (33f/38r)?

I do feel a difference between normal, sport, and sport plus, it's just not as different as I'd prefer. I think I would prefer normal mode to be a little softer, quieter. Sport mode is basically normal suspension with slightly more pops and crackles. Sport plus basically keeps the RPM around 3000 minimum and the suspension goes stiffer. It seems like a lot of you guys feel a big difference between them, but to me, coming from a big range rover it all feels very stiff already and the differences don't seem all that huge. This is just one week with the car, I think I probably have to spend more time with it to better appreciate the nuances.
If you’re used to plush SUVs, it will take you a while to acclimate to a sports car. The 911 is a lot more refined than most (all?) thankfully.

18 way the seat cushion itself just doesn't feel as plush and after 1.5 hrs my *** definitely hurts. And I'm used to cycling for hours at a time so it may just be a different type of support I have to get used to.
Take some time playing with the adjustments. You might be trying to replicate the seating position from your RR. I found that a more reclined, racecar or astronaut position with the seat back reclined, seat bottom tilted back, and thigh support extended out so that the seat was cradling me evenly across all my backside touch points and not needing either of feet to hold me up to be the most comfortable position overall. Steering wheel needs to come out a ways because I still abide by having my wrists break just past the top of the wheel when in my driving position. That and having my leg be almost fully extended when pushing the brake pedal to the floor are the core driver position adjustments around which all of the other adjustments should be made. Kind of like setting saddle height and saddle position on a bike before you start messing with stems and handlebars.
The following users liked this post:
Triathlonkid (03-01-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 12:25 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 903 Likes on 504 Posts

You have SPASM, that 10mm lowering comes right out of the suspension travel, so of course the ride is affected by that. Sure, you can play with the tire pressures, but SPASM alone is going to give you a much different ride than the normal suspension (base or S).
Triathlonkid (03-01-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 12:48 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
You have SPASM, that 10mm lowering comes right out of the suspension travel, so of course the ride is affected by that. Sure, you can play with the tire pressures, but SPASM alone is going to give you a much different ride than the normal suspension (base or S).
Not as much as you think though. I have a C2S with SPASM and my tires set at 33/36 for winter. And it rides very well. I typically leave the suspension in Normal mode and not in Sport. Normal on a SPASM car with comfort pressures is quite a good ride. I can either activate Sport mode or Sport Plus (and then turn the SPASM Sport back off) but I typically drive in Sport and not Sport Plus.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:42 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Originally Posted by nyca
Tires are the first link in your suspension system. Changing pressure, sidewall stiffness, composition, etc. is going to have a noticeable effect. Think about how much better your car rides when you replace old, worn out tires with new ones of the same kind.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:47 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

OP, just a reminder your GTS has the stiffest 992 suspension rates available in non-Turbo/non-GT cars, so 'comfort' on crappy city streets is not exactly what the car was designed for. Just trying to set expectations that in relative terms a GTS is never gonna be 'comfortable' for the way you are presently driving it (at least in ways that I can respectfully infer from your comments).
Old 02-28-2023, 08:49 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

He has a C2S.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nein Eleven:
jlegelis (03-01-2023), johny221 (02-28-2023), TheGeneral (03-12-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 10:13 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 345 Posts

To the OP: from your first post it seems to me that you appreciate the aesthetics of the car and your choices regarding those more than the drive and comfort ? I think you would have been better served by a base Carrera with standard PASM and its smaller wheels along with the noise-insulating glass option. Or (don’t take it it the wrong way) maybe even a Macan GTS to get the Porsche driving experience. Porsche’s sports cars are always about performance first and comfort second no matter how one dresses up these cars with options. Even with standard PASM, sport chassis setting will afford a very stiff ride more suited to track use and not street driving. These are pretty hardcore sports cars and not luxury cars by any stretch. The performance is outstanding but comfort and usability on public streets is not that great. Just my experience after five years with the previous generation of the car. If anything, the 992 with sport PASM is even stiffer than what I remember with the 991.2 version.

Last edited by subwoofer; 02-28-2023 at 10:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by subwoofer:
jlegelis (03-01-2023), Triathlonkid (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 02:12 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

When can you provide an update on this:

"I wonder if I should have gotten the base carrera, as I can't feel much of a difference in power with the S and maybe the softer suspension is better as a daily driver. Perhaps after driving the S for a while when I go back to a base I'll feel a difference. Will report back in the future on this point"
Old 03-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by AnandN
To the OP: from your first post it seems to me that you appreciate the aesthetics of the car and your choices regarding those more than the drive and comfort ? I think you would have been better served by a base Carrera with standard PASM and its smaller wheels along with the noise-insulating glass option. Or (don’t take it it the wrong way) maybe even a Macan GTS to get the Porsche driving experience. Porsche’s sports cars are always about performance first and comfort second no matter how one dresses up these cars with options. Even with standard PASM, sport chassis setting will afford a very stiff ride more suited to track use and not street driving. These are pretty hardcore sports cars and not luxury cars by any stretch. The performance is outstanding but comfort and usability on public streets is not that great. Just my experience after five years with the previous generation of the car. If anything, the 992 with sport PASM is even stiffer than what I remember with the 991.2 version.
I think you're absolutely right. I think what's interesting is when I drove a base, S and GTS prior to purchasing, it was a quick test drive and not very long distance. It was exciting, fun, and brief. Now that I've spent some more time with the car I am becoming more aware of the way it feels driving in a major metropolitan city. Hopefully with time I'll start to get used to it.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:36 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
When can you provide an update on this:

"I wonder if I should have gotten the base carrera, as I can't feel much of a difference in power with the S and maybe the softer suspension is better as a daily driver. Perhaps after driving the S for a while when I go back to a base I'll feel a difference. Will report back in the future on this point"
I'm not sure, it depends when I have access to a base again...
Old 03-01-2023, 11:07 PM
Hop
4th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My C2 is sitting at the dock in Emden !
yeeeee haaaaa !!
Nidal (03-02-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 11:09 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by Hop
My C2 is sitting at the dock in Emden !
yeeeee haaaaa !!
Almost there! Only a matter of time. Now go do the hack for the pictures and see what ship it might get on!

Quick Reply: C2S Delivery and Driving Review!