Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys pay when taking delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023 | 04:36 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
I see patients and would not want to cancel the appointments they waited for just so I can pick up a car, it doesn't feel right to me.

That's a fair point but I wouldn't even know where to go look for a negotiator. I simply thought it wouldn't be too hard to plan a payment in advance and was just hoping to seek advice from the group regarding what other working professionals may have done with circumstances like this
OP have you talked to dealership about your situation and your profession?
How far is the dealership from your place of work?

Why don't you reach out to the finance office either on Friday or Saturday before delivery and negotiate the final price as well as after purchase products. Think of Friday or Saturday as same as your pick up day. If they agree to your preferred pricing accept the terms. If not, decline it and ask for the final amount. Take the final cashier's check or draft or whatever they need on the day off delivery. You can also discuss the items remotely. I think the negotiation power would be the same either way.
Old 02-09-2023 | 08:26 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
This is a most ridiculous thing I've read on internet today but said in a polite manner. Unbelievable.
My apologies. I did not mean to offend anyone.
The following users liked this post:
breny4104 (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 08:39 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
My apologies. I did not mean to offend anyone.
I don’t think what you said is remotely offensive. Maybe just inaccurate. I don’t need anyone’s permission to take time off work, but I have so many scheduled obligations that I restrict myself from doing it. I basically need permission from myself and I’m an @sshole of a boss when it comes to myself 😄.

Spontaneously taking time off work is an incredible pain in the ***, if it has not been planned literally months in advance since my schedule is booked that far ahead.
detansinn (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 08:43 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

I see patients and would not want to cancel the appointments they waited for just so I can pick up a car, it doesn't feel right to me.

That's a fair point but I wouldn't even know where to go look for a negotiator. I simply thought it wouldn't be too hard to plan a payment in advance and was just hoping to seek advice from the group regarding what other working professionals may have done with circumstances like this
Same. Cancelling clinic is a nightmare and I feel guilty unless it’s for a damn good reason.

I used an agent for my last car, but it was someone I’ve known for awhile - sometimes salesmen will act as agents and charge a small fee for the service. It was a huge convenience, I have to say - well worth the money.

You can always negotiate over the phone, wire the money and then have them bring the car to you. You don’t *have* to go to the dealership
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
detansinn (02-09-2023), icanthelpit (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 08:53 AM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

I did all of my negotiation via email and text. SA sent me the estimate. I checked their TVM calculations - which were WRONG, and then agreed to the add-ons and prices for those. Then went into the dealer to close on the loan through Porsche. You're paying cash, so then you could wire that over on a weekday.
icanthelpit (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 12:23 PM
garthg
Rennlist Member

Pay in advance, and I would think that most dealers would bring the car to you a reasonable distance.
We arranged for delivery at PEC Atlanta (we were supposed to get European delivery) and all had to be paid for to the penny in advance.
The car was buffed and ready when we got there. (They kept it hidden from us to increase the drama).
We didn't go for any dealer add-ons.
Old 02-09-2023 | 03:38 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garthg
Pay in advance, and I would think that most dealers would bring the car to you a reasonable distance.
We arranged for delivery at PEC Atlanta (we were supposed to get European delivery) and all had to be paid for to the penny in advance.
The car was buffed and ready when we got there. (They kept it hidden from us to increase the drama).
We didn't go for any dealer add-ons.
This exactly.

The Porsche dealer should be willing to do a white glove delivery to your home (assuming you are within the same county). Wire on Friday, have it delivered on Friday or the weekend to your home (or your preferred location).

Taking delivery of a car should be the least of one's concerns when buying a Porsche.
detansinn (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 06:50 PM
TEXIGO
Rennlist Member

I think OP should just parachute into the dealership with a suitcase of cash.
bobert75 (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023 | 08:37 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

https://giphy.com/clips/thelword-the...1AN4PAwDCBzBAb
Schwarz992C4S (02-16-2023)
Old 02-14-2023 | 05:49 PM
TEXIGO
Rennlist Member

@Triathlonkid were you able to pick up your car? Pics?
Old 02-14-2023 | 06:09 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by TEXIGO
@Triathlonkid were you able to pick up your car? Pics?
not yet still at port hopefully soon
The following 2 users liked this post by Triathlonkid:
detansinn (02-14-2023), TK42ONE (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023 | 12:27 AM
zarby
AutoX

I paid for my car with my Amex. Had to do in two transactions since their merchant facility couldn't accept the whole amount in one hit lol.

Was worth it for the points since im planning on more travel in the coming years.
The following 2 users liked this post by zarby:
detansinn (02-15-2023), dixonk (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023 | 01:12 AM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by zarby
I paid for my car with my Amex. Had to do in two transactions since their merchant facility couldn't accept the whole amount in one hit lol.

Was worth it for the points since im planning on more travel in the coming years.
Wow I wish I could do that. I can't believe your dealer accepted amex
Old 02-15-2023 | 01:15 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zarby
I paid for my car with my Amex. Had to do in two transactions since their merchant facility couldn't accept the whole amount in one hit lol. Was worth it for the points since im planning on more travel in the coming years.
That's crazy! What dealership let you do this? They did you a huge service and ate at least 3%.
johny221 (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023 | 04:51 AM
zarby
AutoX

Originally Posted by Shogunade
That's crazy! What dealership let you do this? They did you a huge service and ate at least 3%.
I paid 1.3%

Last edited by zarby; 02-15-2023 at 05:03 AM.

Quick Reply: How do you guys pay when taking delivery?