Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 04:44 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

If I'm reading the original 992 press release media kit, these are the rear spoiler stages:

Retracted
Under 90kph

Eco Position
Normal mode at 90kph-150kph

Performance Position
In Normal Mode at 150kph+
In Sport, Sport+, Wet Mode at 90kph+
If charge air temp is too high at 60kph+

Compensation Position (more aggressive than Performance Position)
Sunroof is open at 90kph+
The following users liked this post:
Aaron Lin (02-07-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Leecw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

US settings are up or down - no intermediate height - multiple settings are ROW
Old 02-06-2023, 05:17 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

With my US spec car, if my sunroof is open and on the highway, I can see my spoiler up in my rear view mirror; when the sunroof is closed, I can't see it.

I'm in Sport Mode 100% of the time. At least the 'compensation position' holds true.
Old 02-06-2023, 05:34 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
With my US spec car, if my sunroof is open and on the highway, I can see my spoiler up in my rear view mirror; when the sunroof is closed, I can't see it.

I'm in Sport Mode 100% of the time. At least the 'compensation position' holds true.
With my US spec car, if I am on the highway going over 65 I can see my spoiler up in my rear view mirror in Sport mode. And I don't have a sunroof. I do have PASM Sport Suspension and SPASM increases the top height of the spoiler over non-SPASM cars.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:18 AM
BOSSOB
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Had the same issue once, pressing buttons didn’t seem to help but it did reset itself after a drive at highway speeds.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:59 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

Any updates @DrNole ? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Old 02-08-2023, 09:13 AM
DrNole
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Any updates @DrNole ? Inquiring minds wanna know...
What the manual fails to tell you is that if you push the button with your left hand instead of the right hand.... the spoiler will not move. You were right all along jlegelis, user error! Only kidding! Unfortunately no luck with any of the suggestions listed by others. Car will be making a trip to the dealer next week. If you're in the area and would like to help the guys fix it I'm sure they'd be just as appreciative as I am.
jlegelis (02-08-2023)
Old 02-08-2023, 02:53 PM
rgoldm2
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DrNole
Hey All,

Long time follower, first time poster. Purchased my first 911 in November a new 992C2. Purchased the car at a dealer in Boston and drove it all the way home to Louisiana. Have loved everything about the car to this point! Was diving this weekend in wet conditions when the car prompted me to switch to wet mode, which I did without issue. When I parked the spoiler was extended to intermediate mode. I attempted to manually lower it but it will not move. I attempted to switch to different drive modes, same issue. I let the car sit overnight, rise and repeat, same issue. There is nothing obstructing the spoiler that I can see, it seemingly is just frozen.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting the spoiler lowered? Closest dealers to me are in Baton Rouge and Houston, both two plus hours away! Both of which also wont give me a loaner as I don't live in close proximity nor did I purchase the car from them, which I understand....to an extent. I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!

I know it’s not closer but New Orleans porsche has been fantastic to me. Just an extra hour and may be worth a try. I’ve been able to get loaners from them many times
Old 02-16-2023, 12:41 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

@DrNole , any updates?
Old 02-16-2023, 05:58 AM
LARNIOCNK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have this issue when I 'manually' put my spoiler up during cleaning... it wouldn't go down, no matter what I do, holding the button etc etc..., what did fix it is hitting 100mph in sports mode and then flipping it into standard mode.
jlegelis (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 02:42 PM
DrNole
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
@DrNole , any updates?

Thanks for checking in on me brother....spoiler control unit is apparently the culprit. Parts en route! Next time any of y'all are ever in Louisiana let me know. Crawfish and or gumbo on me!
The following 2 users liked this post by DrNole:
jlegelis (02-17-2023), johny221 (02-17-2023)
Old 03-08-2024, 05:37 AM
MalcolmDC10
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrNole
Hey All,

Long time follower, first time poster. Purchased my first 911 in November a new 992C2. Purchased the car at a dealer in Boston and drove it all the way home to Louisiana. Have loved everything about the car to this point! Was diving this weekend in wet conditions when the car prompted me to switch to wet mode, which I did without issue. When I parked the spoiler was extended to intermediate mode. I attempted to manually lower it but it will not move. I attempted to switch to different drive modes, same issue. I let the car sit overnight, rise and repeat, same issue. There is nothing obstructing the spoiler that I can see, it seemingly is just frozen.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting the spoiler lowered? Closest dealers to me are in Baton Rouge and Houston, both two plus hours away! Both of which also wont give me a loaner as I don't live in close proximity nor did I purchase the car from them, which I understand....to an extent. I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!
Have a very similar issue with a 2022 911 (992) Turbo. Have been having issues with rear spoiler and warnings whilst driving that there is a spoiler deployment fault, been back to the garage twice where Porsche have replaced rear spoiler drive motor, this did not fix the issue so had the car back again and replaced the front spoiler pump and associated parts. Car was returned to me but was delivered back with the spoiler stuck in the intermediate position, the spoiler could not be retracted manually use the infotainment screen button, nor would restarting and turning off the car. So the car was returned to the dealer again for further investigation.

I am now being told that they believe that it is normal for the spoiler to be held in the intermediate position when the car has been driven in the wet or with WET mode selected, they say that even with the car turned off in that scenario the spoiler will remain in the intermediate position, according to them to clear this the car must be driven above 12mph in any mode other tha WET mode to allow the spoiler to return to the fully down position when the car is switched off. I find this slightly strange and would be interested if there was any further information that confirms this ?

Old 03-08-2024, 03:23 PM
OMTarga4S
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a similar issue, my rear spoiler got stuck after an 3+ hour drive and not fully close. I was out of state and service team at the dealer couldn’t solve the issue over the phone or video chat. I used recommendations compiled from various Porsche forums and threads. The final verdict was a low battery charge. I installed a changer for roughly 14 hours and the spoiler returned to normal function. I haven’t had any issue since.
Jeff Whitten (03-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Stuck spoiler