Sponsored by:

Does anyone wax their cars anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:08 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 669 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
I’ve switched to polish angel and their products are pricey but amazing and easy to use. They have both carnuaba based products and si02. The high gloss spray also has titanium in it, the shine is incredible.
Really? Titanium? Not being a douchepickle, really asking...what does it do to enhance or help with the wax/ceramic process and result?

I just have never heard of that before.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:19 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Not sure how other people do this, but I use Meguiar's Gold Class Quik Wax spray after each car wash on cars that are ceramic coated (CarPro CQuartz Reserve).

I find that using Quik Wax spray increases slickness on the surface of the paint, which means less frictional coefficient and less likelihood of rock chips, even without PPF.

Every 2 months or so, I also use CarPro Reload to replenish silicon dioxide on the CQuartz-coated cars.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:45 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 808 Likes on 402 Posts

I’ve switched to polish angel and their products are pricey but amazing and easy to use. They have both carnuaba based products and si02. The high gloss spray also has titanium in it, the shine is incredible.
I had purchased their glass cleaner, thinking it would be awesome. It was over $50. Total waste. Didn't work any better than Gyeon and also was flammable (had tons of alcohol in it). Overpriced garbage.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:04 PM
F250to911
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
Not sure how other people do this, but I use Meguiar's Gold Class Quik Wax spray after each car wash on cars that are ceramic coated (CarPro CQuartz Reserve).

I find that using Quik Wax spray increases slickness on the surface of the paint, which means less frictional coefficient and less likelihood of rock chips, even without PPF.

Every 2 months or so, I also use CarPro Reload to replenish silicon dioxide on the CQuartz-coated cars.
That's fine. The Wax doesn't hurt the ceramic coating it just is another top coat that actually protects the Ceramic coating a little. But after a while you might want to do a wash with higher ph soap to remove the wax coatings then do your Reload wash.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:36 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
Really? Titanium? Not being a douchepickle, really asking...what does it do to enhance or help with the wax/ceramic process and result?

I just have never heard of that before.
The titanium just makes it super shiny and reflective. It’s not good if you want a warm look but works great on my car.
Old 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 669 Likes on 434 Posts

The titanium just makes it super shiny and reflective. It’s not good if you want a warm look but works great on my car.
Cool, thanks. It's warm enough here and I like shiny versus warmth on my car.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 09:14 PM
Michael T
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I find that Meguires Hybrid Ceramic wax is the easiest wax that I have ever used, has the longest staying power and the best protection. I just did a 1,400 mile RT from Houston to Big Bend/Marfa/Marathon and the morning after getting back, all the bugs came off with soap and water. While many profess to the all ceramic applications at high dollar, I am amazed at the cost effectiveness of this product.

Quick Reply: Does anyone wax their cars anymore?