Sponsored by:

Allocation for '23 GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 12:44 AM
porsc992
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Allocation for '23 GTS?

Looking to build this GTS in a '23 but need an allocation. Located in SoCal. Happy to hear feedback on the build as well.

Also, are aero kits still on backorder and hard to get?

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks!

Last edited by porsc992; 01-19-2023 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:46 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 134 Posts

The AeroKit Spoiler is holding up some deliveries currently. PCCB is also on hold for some early 2023 delivery dates (mine is Jan 20 and I had to remove the PCCB).
PTS is also on hold.

As for your build, I also went with SharkBlue. Great Choice. You hit the 200K Mark. bravo!

Bucket Seats with a Glass Roof? Why not Carbon Roof?

As for the Gloss Black package, as a personal preference, I stay far away from Gloss Black in areas that get chips and scratches (front splitter, side skirts, Wheels!, Mirrors)

GT Steering Wheel in Leather, that was my only regret with my build, I left it Racetex.

The tach is beautiful in white, but the chrono I have read posts that is causes a glare on the windsheild and i personally prefer the black chrono.

Best to look at Numeric for the Aluminum pedals. If you removed the standard or the extra cost aluminum, you'd see that they are built in Korea and all plastic. The Numeric pedals have a much better build quality then any of the Porsche pedals. IMO

You may save some money going with the Lightweight package rather than adding all those options separately, I'm assuming you did that to get the glass roof?

now.. if i had a budget of 200k I would probably push it to the max as you did, it is one hell of a build!! My GTS ended up at 166k

Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
JDeRose (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 08:56 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Here is my budget build at $166,420. http://www.porschecode.com/PPGI6ZR8 Question to ask yourself, is the additional 35k going to drastically improve the experience? If you have sat in the bucket seats before, and know what you're dealing with, I think that would be enhancing the experience the most looking at your build, and the deviated stitching is top-notch...
Old 01-19-2023, 12:41 PM
porsc992
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
The AeroKit Spoiler is holding up some deliveries currently. PCCB is also on hold for some early 2023 delivery dates (mine is Jan 20 and I had to remove the PCCB).
PTS is also on hold.

As for your build, I also went with SharkBlue. Great Choice. You hit the 200K Mark. bravo!

As for the Gloss Black package, as a personal preference, I stay far away from Gloss Black in areas that get chips and scratches (front splitter, side skirts, Wheels!, Mirrors)

GT Steering Wheel in Leather, that was my only regret with my build, I left it Racetex.

The tach is beautiful in white, but the chrono I have read posts that is causes a glare on the windsheild and i personally prefer the black chrono.

Best to look at Numeric for the Aluminum pedals. If you removed the standard or the extra cost aluminum, you'd see that they are built in Korea and all plastic. The Numeric pedals have a much better build quality then any of the Porsche pedals. IMO

You may save some money going with the Lightweight package rather than adding all those options separately, I'm assuming you did that to get the glass roof?

now.. if i had a budget of 200k I would probably push it to the max as you did, it is one hell of a build!! My GTS ended up at 166k

Best of luck!
Probably the most helpful reply I could have asked for. Thank you for taking the time to write this! Very appreciative.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:27 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by porsc992
Looking to build this GTS in a '23 but need an allocation. Located in SoCal. Happy to hear feedback on the build as well.

Thanks!

How's your luck scoring an allocation in SoCal? My preferred dealer is still quoting a 12+ month wait and a $35k ADM for a GTS...though, it seems like dealers are starting to actually have unsold 911's in stock at most dealers in SoCal.
Yojeffo (01-19-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 01:48 AM
porsc992
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3uros
How's your luck scoring an allocation in SoCal? My preferred dealer is still quoting a 12+ month wait and a $35k ADM for a GTS...though, it seems like dealers are starting to actually have unsold 911's in stock at most dealers in SoCal.
got a PM for a 30k ADM and two weeks from today lock date. passing on 30k ADM for now
Old 01-20-2023, 02:16 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Carbon roof saves ~4 pounds. Buy it for looks, not weight goals.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:31 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by porsc992

Thanks!
Don't limit yourself to SoCal. Because you can to Porsche Experience Center (PEC) delivery in Los Angeles, you really have the whole country as your shopping area. And the delivery is indeed one of the most memorable experiences you'll ever have, and that is not just automotively speaking. My dealer was on the East Coast, but I picked it up 10 miles from my house.
porsc992 (01-21-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 10:46 AM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

PTS is also on hold.

Best of luck!
What was the issue with the race-tex steering wheel?
Old 01-20-2023, 11:16 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jplaro
What was the issue with the race-tex steering wheel?
no issue at all actually! I haven’t even got delivery of the car yet.

I’m just thinking it may have been better to have a leather steering wheel. The only racetex or alcantara I’ve had my hands on was on used 991 GT3’s with usually over 10k miles and they were all pretty well used. So, I guess it won’t matter much since I will be the person putting the wheel to use!!
Old 01-20-2023, 11:21 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 854 Likes on 394 Posts

I’m just thinking it may have been better to have a leather steering wheel. The only racetex or alcantara I’ve had my hands on was on used 991 GT3’s with usually over 10k miles and they were all pretty well used. So, I guess it won’t matter much since I will be the person putting the wheel to use!!
Where r u in Ct - I have a place in Madison ?
Old 01-20-2023, 11:21 AM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Got it thanks. I'm still before my lock date and going back and forth between the two. I'm leaning towards leather but never had a Alcantara steering wheel.

I want to go with the carbon fiber one and its a tad cheaper with leather which is further pushing me in that direction (small I know but I'm already going over my budget so every bit helps).
APEX GT3 (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 11:46 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audi4t
Where r u in Ct - I have a place in Madison ?
I’ll PM you, don’t want to hijack this gentleman’s thread.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:49 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jplaro
Got it thanks. I'm still before my lock date and going back and forth between the two. I'm leaning towards leather but never had a Alcantara steering wheel.

I want to go with the carbon fiber one and its a tad cheaper with leather which is further pushing me in that direction (small I know but I'm already going over my budget so every bit helps).
if you were doing deviated stitching, that would really be enough to make the will look special. Save the $ on the CF tiny wheel inserts.

The leather steering wheel only looks boring when you do the GTS package (chalk,carmine, black) as it doesn’t deviate the steering wheel. It should but it doesn’t!

Old 01-21-2023, 11:57 AM
porsc992
Advanced

agree great call. Actually going there in two weeks to drive the taycan ts and gt3.

Quick Reply: Allocation for '23 GTS?