Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 05:31 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanley Rous
A 57 plate would have been Sept 2007!

If the car is arriving in Feb I’d register it in 1st March, will indeed assist with value as unlike the US, the year on the plate does make a difference in the UK. Plus, if you get a 72 plate, you’ll have an “old” plate a week or to later and will be miffed. The OPC won’t want you to as they will want it billed as soon as possible but it’s your money.

I was actually in the same position last Feb but my car was delayed so it was mid March anyway by the time I collected.
can't alter threads outside my forum, but it looks like this post belongs here, not in the random old thread it landed in!

Originally Posted by Rocco518
Thanks for correction. Yes it is indeed 72 Typo on my part. Dealer tells me they can see in the “system” that the car is due to arrive at their dealership 3rd feb. I’m sure could still be subject to a delay but that’s what I have right now.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:49 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Rocco, congrats on the GTS… I would wait for the 23 number.

If you had a GT3, the number plate would be less important. On 911 GTS it will make material diff.

Last edited by Pivot; 12-26-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocco518
Thanks Keadog, I’m not sure about a Service date, guess I can ask the OPC on that one.

appreciate comments on the spec. I was in two minds on the side skirts, decided to go for them and then next was whether to get painted or Matt black. Saw the black on a car and felt they looked really nice, painted for me looks a bit too much, Matt black looks more understated IMO which I like. Car looks great without side skirts to be honest. The lane change assist I’ve had previously and found it useful, I know what you mean about continual flash though that gets annoying pretty quick.

I actually went for the lightweight and noise glass with privacy, as soon as you spec lightweight or I think even just the privacy on the configurator rear wiper become a non option. I don’t mind not having the rear wiper, didn’t have it on my C63 and never missed, it rains here a fair bit but not as often or as hard as people might think or Uk is notorious for . One thing I missed above is Power steering plus, i optioned that aswell, I doubt it adds much to steering but for £150 I felt it was a ‘cheap’ option so added it.
In the US, the in service date is the day the car transfers and the warranty starts. Here in Ohio, it also appears on the title for the original owner and then any date of transfer for a subsequent owner.
The SD side skirts are nice; I just never forked over the $$ for them.
Never had PSP but most people seem to think it's a waste of money.
The only cars I've had with rear wipers were my wife's wagons.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:11 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
I prefer the constant checking of mirrors/turning my head method. It's on my Mazda CX9 and it constantly buzzes/flashes as you say if it deems you are too close to the vehicle you passed.
Yes, I survived decades without LCA or TPMS. The distances required to not trigger the flashing (on both this and my wife's new '22 A6) are simply absurd. And there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it on either car. At least on the Audi I can (and do) turn it off.
They really blew the LCA on the 992 - it was the best of any car I've had in the 991.2s. Three horizontal red bars in the A pillar you could not miss and it didn't alarm at ridiculous distances like these newer cars.
It's God-awful now.
The following users liked this post:
McLaren997 (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 06:36 PM
Rocco518
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Appreciate all the comments guys on both the build I’ve chosen and whether to hold out for the 23 plate or not. the spec I can’t change now but I’m happy with what I’ve chosen these things are all personal pref. if the LCA annoys me I’ll switch it off atleast I’ll have the option . The 18 way adaptive seats was something else I agonised over but didn’t think it was worth the extra cash In the end so didn’t select that one. I actually feel annoyed (not surprised) that Porsche charge for fully electric seats on a £130k+ car!! Seems like a rip off to me. Re PSP, my wife will drive the car on and off so maybe she will find it beneficial

if the car arrives to OPC as scheduled for 3rd feb I’m going to tell them I want it registered 1st March, pains me to wait even a day longer than necessary but in the grand scheme of things I’d rather wait another 2-3 weeks more if there’s a chance of a better resale value in 3-4 years time.

Last edited by Rocco518; 12-26-2022 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:32 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 232 Posts

Definitely the right choice. An early 23 will be more valuable than a late 72 come trade in. That’s just the way it works here in the UK. After fourteen months, waiting three extra weeks won’t hurt…much!
The following users liked this post:
Rocco518 (12-27-2022)

Quick Reply: 57 plate or wait for 23