Sponsored by:

Opinion: Painting my calipers Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 04:41 PM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 456 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
To me it's the same thing. Yellow symbolizes ceramic, just like M badge symbolizes M division (all the more reason why BMW nerds get irritated with how BMW has diluted that badge).

You can debadge an M car like you can get black calipers ( I actually got black calipers on my last car with ceramics).

I get that some people will not agree with me, and that's fine.

​​​​​​​
The M badge is the appropriate badge for an M car and does not belong on a non-M car. Anyone putting an M badge on a non-M car is doing so simply to make their car appear to be of a higher trim and having the extra badge is an outward expression of the car being a different model than it actually is. Contrast that with someone simply painting a brake caliper to match the color scheme of their car, I dont remotely see that as the same thing. Its just a color and is not mislabeling or adding additional badging in an attempt to "up-spec" the trim level.

But to each their own! I just think changing the color of something is not the same as adding false labels/badging.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:55 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

I can see both sides of the issue-I guess it all depends on how you will feel about having yellow calipers with regular brakes. If it will bother you even a tiny bit, I would recommend not doing it. If you can get past it, then do it as it does add a nice touch.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:56 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

You do you. If it's gonna bother you put on a decal that says not ceramic. Haha.

I'm just gonna echo what someone said before: powdercoat them. I've had terrible experiences with other methods...they'll look like **** after a few months.

Last edited by Shogunade; 12-20-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:04 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

I've got pccb's and no one has ever cared or noticed and if I had them painted black most of the people I know would prefer them that way since the wouldn't stand out as much!
The following users liked this post:
gcurnew (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 08:59 AM
C2heritage
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Well said. I couldn't imagine that petty conversation. I painted my calipers GR to match my car and its not an S. Looks great IMO.
not to derail the convo, but can you post a pic? Thinking of doing exactly the same thing.

Quick Reply: Opinion: Painting my calipers Yellow