Sponsored by:

Best Car Wash Method

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 01:26 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
You're welcome to come wash my five cars once per week. Maybe it'll make you feel like even more of a man.

You sound young and you certainly have a lot of time on your hands. I'm 50 and very lucky to find myself in a situation where I can chose how to spend my time. I prefer to track my cars, travel, spend time with my family, build businesses and lead my teams over cleaning. You know, real sissy stuff. More so than some guy from the internet, I agree with Ferry Porsche: "made to be driven, not polished". Also, I'm not American.
Sounds like you took my post personal and it struck a chord so you decided to "clap back". Feelings hurt?

Imagine being in a position in life where you have time on your hands... Like you and me.. So we have something in common there.

You're a 50 year old nobody and yet here you are trying to prove yourself to some guy on the internet because of a car wash thread... To which you have zero insight on the topic but only some nonsense about your amazing life. You don't have much time left on earth, spend it wisely. Don't be so sensitive. Get your T levels checked out.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:57 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,041 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Sounds like you took my post personal...
I'm the only one who suggested getting your car washed. Are you dense?

Yes, according to you I'm a nobody, anyone who washes your car is a douche, and you're a real man because you wash your own car. You sound like a real winner.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:31 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

OK folks can we please chill? We're manning the barricades over car washing now?

Those who want to wash their cars and spend hours as therapy are welcome as are the ones who pay to have it done (whether by a douche or not) and spend it on therapy (or not) as are those like me who wash their cars when it rains. It's a car, it gets dirty...let's move this along please.

Thanks

siberian
The following 3 users liked this post by siberian:
Motorin Mark (01-28-2023), Tim Porter (01-28-2023), vg247 (01-28-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 12:16 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41

With that aside, ceramic coats, foam cannons, and pressure washers are not BS. They're legitimate 100%. Every product has it's true purpose. However, if you're a pro and truly into show car/concours level detailing then a good old fashioned Carnuba wax trumps any ceramic coat. Still, you have to use proper prep. If you're good enough, **** enough and can stay on top of it then you deserve props because I don't have that patience. So in reality ceramic coats are the best.

Swirls are real. Touching the paint without proper prep or care for your wash mits/towels will scratch and swirl your paint. No question. Grit guards work. Can it be overkill and wasteful? Absolutely, but it's proper. You can do whatever you want with your car, but if you're constantly washing it using poor technique your paint will look like **** and you'll be going in for polishing and paint correction far more often and you will end up spending the same money, if not more...

To the guy who brought up Nick Murray.. Nick Murray is an idiot and a youtube jester. He even knew it when he made a carwash video.

Matt Moreman from Obsessed Garage is awesome. His videos may be long, but I can beat to that drum so I'll watch them. He sells great products.
Pressure washers are great - for pressure washing - but attached to a foam canon, they are a waste unless you have a full setup ready to go in your garage. For the average weekend warrior, pulling out the pressure washer, filling the soap dispenser, hooking up the foam canon, showing off for the kids, then going and washing the entire car - and finally putting everything away, is a complete waste. Along with the grit guards that somehow magically keep the dirt out of the floating water

While I'm being harsh here, I also went from washing cars as a youngster for cash and continue to do it today for therapy. Alas, every new fancy thing I've tried (foam canon, two bucket method, grit guard) has not made a difference. My cars are still swirl free, no scratches from my washing (now with a single bucket again), and the polisher doesn't need to come out any more than it did when I was playing with the new fancy stuff.

And I watch the videos of Chicago Auto Pros (where I had my 992 ceramic coated) and how they wash the car - and how long it takes. And yet, I bet, after my 25 minute wash and the drive down the street to dry off the brakes, my washed car and theirs look just about the exact same (I like when they use the soft brushes on the lug nuts - that is always cute ).

And Nick Murray has done more for this board than any other individual I know - from his awesome videos on each and every option) - to his videos starting countless "I'm butthurt!" threads - he is awesome.

Now Matt from Obsessed Garage is awesome too - he is human, points out when he makes mistakes (like the scary video when he plugged the tire on his 911 with center locks), and is OCD like many of us. His products are good albeit not always perfect - still just like Nick, a guy I would love to hang with for a day.

My 2 cents

Last edited by doug_999; 02-05-2023 at 12:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (02-06-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 01:05 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,774 Likes on 721 Posts

I was in the same boat back in July. Moved out apartment into home. Small garage, very small but good enough for now. First thing I ordered was the Kranzle, Prevost and CRspotless. Absolutely worth every penny. If you go this route do not skip the crspotless! It’s a game changer for drying. after I foam, rinse, two bucket hand wash, spotless rinse I then hit it with Dewalt leaf blower. Between the ceramic coat and the spotlesss I barely use a towel.

best investment evahh. Good luck!

toph4242 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 01:50 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
I was in the same boat back in July. Moved out apartment into home. Small garage, very small but good enough for now. First thing I ordered was the Kranzle, Prevost and CRspotless. Absolutely worth every penny. If you go this route do not skip the crspotless! It’s a game changer for drying. after I foam, rinse, two bucket hand wash, spotless rinse I then hit it with Dewalt leaf blower. Between the ceramic coat and the spotlesss I barely use a towel.

best investment evahh. Good luck!
Gorgeous car!! What part of Boston, haven't seen this around yet! IM also in Boston, and awaiting my new Rubystar 992 T about to be built... after trading in my Gentian 992
Old 02-05-2023, 10:13 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Gorgeous car!! What part of Boston, haven't seen this around yet! IM also in Boston, and awaiting my new Rubystar 992 T about to be built... after trading in my Gentian 992
Thanks! I’m in Milton. Congrats on the T. Love ruby. When do you take delivery?
toph4242 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 11:16 AM
CAL992GTS
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I recommend getting the car PPF wrapped and ceramic coated. This will make a single bucket wash with “high end” soap work like a dream. I do filter my water, but instead of the expensive systems I use replaceable RV filters. I typically wash my Cayenne and 911 1x per week and the filter lasts at least 45 days. Carpro Reset soap is the bomb and come back with Opticoat Hyperseal as a top coat finish/drying agent while your using a microfiber towel to dry and the car looks show ready every time!
vg247 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 11:37 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Thanks! I’m in Milton. Congrats on the T. Love ruby. When do you take delivery?
Cool... great town. I am in the city now (fenway/brookline area). My car is being built in a couple weeks (March 3rd), but I am taking European Delivery, so I had there last couple days of May for Euro Delivery day at the beginning of June. should be in the Boston area late July as long as there aren't too many shipping delays.
Hope to see you around and maybe get the two cars together at some point
Old 02-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Cool... great town. I am in the city now (fenway/brookline area). My car is being built in a couple weeks (March 3rd), but I am taking European Delivery, so I had there last couple days of May for Euro Delivery day at the beginning of June. should be in the Boston area late July as long as there aren't too many shipping delays.
Hope to see you around and maybe get the two cars together at some point
ED! I’m jelly. For sure we can link up. There’s a bunch of us who get together on Sunday mornings and go for a cruise. Good group of guys.
jlegelis (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,129 Posts

ED! I’m jelly. For sure we can link up. There’s a bunch of us who get together on Sunday mornings and go for a cruise. Good group of guys.
Ahhh. Playdates. 👍

Quick Reply: Best Car Wash Method