Sponsored by:

Best Car Wash Method

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 10:36 AM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaKM1
Are these water deionizers worth the investment or are they overkill?

https://crspotless.com/shop-now/spotless-water-systems/
I recently bought a DI system and I think they are wonderful. On my wife's black truck you really don't have to dry it and there won't be any spots. The real advantage is using DI water for home window washing as well. No streaks, fast and easy. We live on the coast so window washing is necessary fairly often. The "left over" DI water from car rinsing gets saved and used for house windows. I wash the car traditionally then rinse with DI water and blow dry. Works great for me.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:50 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Hey everyone,

I finally moved made the transition from an apartment to a house so I can actually get a real, quality car wash setup for my 911. I've read through past posts on the best gear and pressure washer to buy for a 992 and I just have a few questions.
-Is the Kranzle portable pressure washer really worth $1500 or can you get the same results from something less expensive online or at Home Depot?
-Any recommendations for the best step by step instructions on how to wash your car using a pressure washer and foam cannon? I've looked at Obsessed Garage but he mainly focuses on the two bucket method.
-Any recommendations on the best place to find a list for all the sponges, mitts, towels, car wash exterior and interior cleaning solutions that I'll need to get started?

Thanks!

Josh
Probably 50-100 YT videos on how to wash properly and recommended products.
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaKM1 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 11:10 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Is it worth it? Well that's a bit of a rabbit hole. They make the best pressure washers for washing a car, is the delta on cost worth it to you?Thats up to you. I'm a bit ocd on things and I like the process, my set up let's me get as close as possible to enjoying something that I don't really enjoy.

The following 3 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
arinl (12-16-2022), JoshuaKM1 (12-15-2022), Motorin Mark (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 02:20 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah it's all definitely a rabbit hole. Right now I'm deciding between New Age and Garageliving.com cabinets. Garage Living's cabinets are way nicer (the CEO started New Age), but it's like 4x the price.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:34 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Is it worth it? Well that's a bit of a rabbit hole. They make the best pressure washers for washing a car, is the delta on cost worth it to you?Thats up to you. I'm a bit ocd on things and I like the process, my set up let's me get as close as possible to enjoying something that I don't really enjoy.

Wow! That's a setup. Forget Ammo and pan. Watch Sandro on YT Car Craft Auto Detailing.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:57 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Yeah Cabinets are another one, I used a combo of New Age which are great for general storage and Sonic for Tool Storage.

The following 2 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
icon (01-19-2023), JoshuaKM1 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 02:59 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Wow! That's a setup. Forget Ammo and pan. Watch Sandro on YT Car Craft Auto Detailing.
Thanks. I'll check Sandro out.
Old 12-15-2022, 05:59 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Yeah Cabinets are another one, I used a combo of New Age which are great for general storage and Sonic for Tool Storage.

Wow! Beautiful. I'd be afraid to do any actual work in there!
detansinn (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 06:03 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
Wow! Beautiful. I'd be afraid to do any actual work in there!
I've built every cabinet and 80% of the furniture in my home out of this garage, don't let clean fool you in to thinking it's not being used.
The following 2 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
991.1 Guy (12-16-2022), detansinn (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 08:16 PM
TimTennis
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Griots makes a good foam cannon and products to go with it. Best advice with any foam is to apply to dry finish (of course not in the sun) and let sit for no longer than 5 minutes. Apply in sweeping motion from bottom to top. Rinse using same process, bottom to top. If you do this regularly you can keep the car very clean. If you need to hand wash, foaming is a good prewash but be sure to reverse order the wash process, meaning top to bottom, saving wheels and baseboards for last. DO NOT wash in circular motion, instead in straight sweep.
JoshuaKM1 (12-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 12:21 PM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Are these water deionizers worth the investment or are they overkill?

https://crspotless.com/shop-now/spotless-water-systems/
I think they are worth it. When I dont use it I get lots of waterspots before I can get to drying the car. I have 3 black cars though. I setup my system so I can just turn a couple valves to use it. I do the initial hose off with regular water and spray the soap off with the deionized water. Just saves on the cartridges.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by tsjoel
I think they are worth it. When I dont use it I get lots of waterspots before I can get to drying the car. I have 3 black cars though. I setup my system so I can just turn a couple valves to use it. I do the initial hose off with regular water and spray the soap off with the deionized water. Just saves on the cartridges.
Wow…..you guys are really making me feel “old school” with my two used 5 gal. buckets, soap, wash mitt and garden hose! Ha ha.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:22 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 56 Posts

@SFAVGUY I see inspiration from Obsessed Garage here, yeah?
Old 12-16-2022, 01:39 PM
Muelas
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the foam cannon is sufficient versus a pressure washer.

The one item that I find invaluable is an electric air dryer. The Air Force Blaster Sidekick I found on Amazon works awesome to help with drying and avoiding streaks, along with microfiber drying towels.

BTW, their stock photo just happens to be a Porsche wheel

Last edited by Muelas; 12-16-2022 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:26 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by srf409
I am right with and have been cleaning my rides this way for decades with outstanding results and also have no need for BS Ceramic treatments.Some of us are sharp enough not to be members of the "car care gadjet and coating of the month club".
​​​​​​​BS ceramic treatments/sharp enough...hmm. So those of us who get their cars and rims protected with PPF and ceramic coating are stupid? And ​​​​​​​you're the sharp one? I see. Well, I'll tell you this much, for years I did it the old fashioned way and spent countless hours washing and waxing my cars. But when I began buying Porsches it seemed foolish to me to not do everything I could to protect and preserve my car's appearance. I'm into keeping my cars immaculate because I'm not mechanically inclined to work on them myself; and I've refrained from posting in this Thread despite all the conflicting opinions I've read, but you calling people like me stupid struck a nerve. I guarantee you that you could put 10 coats of wax, or whatever your higher intelligence deems you to do, on your car, spend who knows how long to do it properly from wash, to dry, to clay bar, to paint correct, to wax, while I'll just wash my car in an hour from start to finish, and my cars will look infinitely better than yours do. But you go ahead oh brilliant one, I've got more important things to do with my time.

Quick Reply: Best Car Wash Method