Sponsored by:

A few photo snaps -- 992 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
I guess I would have to choose "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber" if I wanted the leather wheel with carbon fiber design right? thanks!
From memory (which is often faulty), there should be an option under Interior Leather and another under Interior Race-Tex, corresponding to leather vs race tex with an otherwise identical wheel.
The following users liked this post:
MontBlanc911 (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 08:39 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 990 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
Have you had a car with an Alcantara / racetex style wheel before? I don't know about Porsche's materials, but the Alcantara wheel in my C63 AMG and it was in awful shape after my ~2 years of ownership. Admittedly I put little effort into maintaining it and now I know better... but it is a high maintenance item to keep looking nice. You'll need to clean it regularly (maybe every month so, depending on your driving habits) and pick up an Alcantara brush to take to it pretty even more often to keep the nap looking nice. Even then, the material will deteriorate over time.
This will be my first foray into Alcantara/ RaceTex wheels and I expect requiring more attention. I've always been meticulous with maintaining my leather wheels like cleaning it regularly and washing my hands prior to every single drive to keep my oils off of it. 6 years of the M4 and my leather wheel is still matte. I think adding a brush once in a while to my regimen will hopefully be enough.

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
interesting that you chose the subsecond clock instead of the stock. actually looks better too
I'm a watch/timepiece kind of person so it made sense for me. I don't like the standard SC clock that is constantly running around.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:23 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 321 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
From memory (which is often faulty), there should be an option under Interior Leather and another under Interior Race-Tex, corresponding to leather vs race tex with an otherwise identical wheel.
yes but there is another one under Carbon Fiber category. If I select that I think i can get both leather steering wheel and the matt carbon fiber. The pic certainly changes to leather when I select this but want to make sure..
Old 01-29-2023, 11:26 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

I’ll be ordering the same spec just so I can use the pics! Nicely done. Now I have to pick just one for my new screen saver.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:22 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts

Nice shots. Which I phone were you using??? (just kiddin)

Quick Reply: A few photo snaps -- 992 GTS