Sponsored by:

A few photo snaps -- 992 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 09:52 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 990 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
woobiee, if you select the deviated leather stitch pkg, does it come with those "gts" letters on the headrest color matched too on the seats?
how do you do them ?
It depends. Follow this (This was for MY22 but may still hold true for MY23):

1) Putting coloring aside for a moment, the embroidered "GTS" on the headrest is ONLY applied when the seat centers are Race-Tex. Opting for leather seat centers nullifies the embroidered "GTS"
This means if you want any embroidered "GTS" on your headrest, you must select one of these:
  • Standard Interior with Race-Tex $0 USD ("GTS" logo in black)
  • Leather/Race-Tex Interior with Black $4530 USD ("GTS" logo in black)
  • GTS Interior Package $4530 USD ("GTS" logo in Carmine Red or Chalk depending on which color package you select)
2) If you select any of those three listed AND opted for the Deviated Stitching Color, the embroidered "GTS" on the headrest (and all the other stitching) follows the colors of your choosing. It's pointless if you did GTS Interior Package plus Deviated Stitching Package.

3) If you were already going to choose Carmine Red or Chalk stitching, then it makes perfect sense to get the GTS Interior Package and forget about the Deviated Stitching Package. If you want another color besides Red or Chalk, then you'll be selecting either the first or second off that list above along with the Deviated Stitching Package.

4) Back in MY22, if you compared the cost of the GTS Interior Package versus the cost of the Leather/Race-Tex Interior + Deviated Stitching Package + all the GTS bits and bobs that the GTS Interior Package comes with, it's about a $1500 delta. Meaning for $1500, you essentially get the GTS Interior Package plus your choice of stitching color. That was worth it to me.

Hope that helps
The following users liked this post:
MontBlanc911 (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 10:22 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 321 Likes on 161 Posts

thanks woobiee you answered everything, you're the best, thanks!!! will go for number 2 plus color stitch of my choice!
Old 11-22-2022, 10:23 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 134 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by woobiee
It depends. Follow this (This was for MY22 but may still hold true for MY23):

1) Putting coloring aside for a moment, the embroidered "GTS" on the headrest is ONLY applied when the seat centers are Race-Tex. Opting for leather seat centers nullifies the embroidered "GTS"
This means if you want any embroidered "GTS" on your headrest, you must select one of these:
  • Standard Interior with Race-Tex $0 USD ("GTS" logo in black)
  • Leather/Race-Tex Interior with Black $4530 USD ("GTS" logo in black)
  • GTS Interior Package $4530 USD ("GTS" logo in Carmine Red or Chalk depending on which color package you select)
2) If you select any of those three listed AND opted for the Deviated Stitching Color, the embroidered "GTS" on the headrest (and all the other stitching) follows the colors of your choosing. It's pointless if you did GTS Interior Package plus Deviated Stitching Package.

3) If you were already going to choose Carmine Red or Chalk stitching, then it makes perfect sense to get the GTS Interior Package and forget about the Deviated Stitching Package. If you want another color besides Red or Chalk, then you'll be selecting either the first or second off that list above along with the Deviated Stitching Package.

4) Back in MY22, if you compared the cost of the GTS Interior Package versus the cost of the Leather/Race-Tex Interior + Deviated Stitching Package + all the GTS bits and bobs that the GTS Interior Package comes with, it's about a $1500 delta. Meaning for $1500, you essentially get the GTS Interior Package plus your choice of stitching color. That was worth it to me.

Hope that helps
Yeah, that is an easter egg in the configurator for the GTS. If you grab the $4530 RaceTex/Leather package and add the Devisated stiching, it's cheaper than the GTS Interior Package and you get to pick a unique color like Speed Blue, Racing yellow. Lizard Green, Orange... BEST of all, you get to have the colored Deviated Stitching on the Steering Wheel, and it looks great! (See above photos). With the GTS Interior Package, the steering wheel is with black stitching only. If you add a color tach or color belts it gets the price closer, but keep the chono black and it works in your favor $$$.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:20 AM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
Yeah, that is an easter egg in the configurator for the GTS. If you grab the $4530 RaceTex/Leather package and add the Devisated stiching, it's cheaper than the GTS Interior Package and you get to pick a unique color like Speed Blue, Racing yellow. Lizard Green, Orange... BEST of all, you get to have the colored Deviated Stitching on the Steering Wheel, and it looks great! (See above photos). With the GTS Interior Package, the steering wheel is with black stitching only. If you add a color tach or color belts it gets the price closer, but keep the chono black and it works in your favor $$$.
When I ordered mine, the racing yellow stitching was on stop sale, so I had to do speed yellow stitching instead.
Speed Yellow is slightly more towards the good side VS racing yellow, still love it!

Old 11-22-2022, 01:45 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
Doing above will still keep the race tex steering wheel with the colored stitching of my choice correct? I want the race tex steering wheels!
Old 11-22-2022, 01:52 PM
woobiee
Pro

Doing above will still keep the race tex steering wheel with the colored stitching of my choice correct? I want the race tex steering wheels!
Correct. Unless you a la carte the leather steering wheel, in which case you get leather wheel with deviated stitching color of your choosing.

Though in retrospect, if I were to do this again, I may opt to do the leather wheel. Not because of any fault of the material, but I think the leather wheel is plusher and more comfortable to use. I also believe the leather wheel is slightly thicker as well.

Last edited by woobiee; 11-22-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:57 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Correct. Unless you a la carte the leather steering wheel, in which case you get leather wheel with deviated stitching color of your choosing.

Though in retrospect, if I were to do this again, I may opt to do the leather wheel. Not because of any fault of the material, but I think the leather wheel is plusher and more comfortable to use. I also believe the leather wheel is slightly thicker as well.
i like the thickness too, well said. But race tex feels more like a racing car and i like that no?
Old 11-22-2022, 02:00 PM
woobiee
Pro

I guess? But it's no race car IMO. Luckily a steering wheel is easy to change down the line.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:17 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

I guess? But it's no race car IMO. Luckily a steering wheel is easy to change down the line.
i see, gonna be a tough decision!
Old 11-22-2022, 02:32 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 134 Posts

That was one of the things I was on the fence about. Had I done deviated stitching, I would have done the leather wheel. It pops! I traded in a 2021 C2 with the standard leather wheel with no dev stitching and didn't want that same look again, and the CF Wheel upgrade i didnt want to spring for, plus it makes you get the heated wheel, not needed for a spring,fall,summer car IMO.
Old 11-22-2022, 03:58 PM
Tifoso
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 49 Posts

Photos are simply jaw dropping, @Woobiee!

The fantastic spec on your GTS is just icing on the cake....
Old 11-22-2022, 07:39 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 340 Posts

i like the thickness too, well said. But race tex feels more like a racing car and i like that no?
Have you had a car with an Alcantara / racetex style wheel before? I don't know about Porsche's materials, but the Alcantara wheel in my C63 AMG and it was in awful shape after my ~2 years of ownership. Admittedly I put little effort into maintaining it and now I know better... but it is a high maintenance item to keep looking nice. You'll need to clean it regularly (maybe every month so, depending on your driving habits) and pick up an Alcantara brush to take to it pretty even more often to keep the nap looking nice. Even then, the material will deteriorate over time.

Personally, that effort just isn't worthwhile so I opted for leather. The less work the better - if I want to clean it I will, but being obligated to clean something to prevent it from deteriorating is not my idea of a good ownership experience.

I guess you could also always wear gloves while driving.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:42 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by zachr
Have you had a car with an Alcantara / racetex style wheel before? I don't know about Porsche's materials, but the Alcantara wheel in my C63 AMG and it was in awful shape after my ~2 years of ownership. Admittedly I put little effort into maintaining it and now I know better... but it is a high maintenance item to keep looking nice. You'll need to clean it regularly (maybe every month so, depending on your driving habits) and pick up an Alcantara brush to take to it pretty even more often to keep the nap looking nice. Even then, the material will deteriorate over time.

Personally, that effort just isn't worthwhile so I opted for leather. The less work the better - if I want to clean it I will, but being obligated to clean something to prevent it from deteriorating is not my idea of a good ownership experience.

I guess you could also always wear gloves while driving.
this is valuable feedback. i never had a alcantara interior car before, but maintenance surely seems a headache. Thank you so much.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:51 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

interesting that you chose the subsecond clock instead of the stock. actually looks better too
Old 11-22-2022, 07:56 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

I guess I would have to choose "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber" if I wanted the leather wheel with carbon fiber design right? thanks!

Quick Reply: A few photo snaps -- 992 GTS