Allocation confusion.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 06:22 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,455 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by dildobaggins007
I told the first dealer I would be paying cash and he perked up a bit,
Dealers don't care about paying cash, they don't want you to pay cash, they make money on financing and cash buyers cost them money. Just a suggestion for the future, don't tell a dealer you're paying cash until the deal is negotiated. They often will bid you a price thinking financing will pad the deal a bit.

Oh and the first dealer is probably shining you on, GTS allocations are rare, each dealer only gets a few, and go for +ADM.

Last edited by remington; 11-03-2022 at 06:25 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by remington:
EZ E (11-04-2022), minn19 (11-03-2022), pkalhan (11-03-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 01:13 AM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Build relationships, I kick buyers to my dealer a couple times a year. I always sell the car back to the dealer and I've never had an issue getting allocations. Next deal is already in play for a Turbo S PTS acid green!! Watch out for BS dealerships!!
Old 11-04-2022, 01:34 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,325 Likes on 2,121 Posts

I told the first dealer I would be paying cash and he perked up a bit, but then basically said he has been offered bribes before, and if I was thinking of something like that that he would not be able to accept it... I ignored that comment, and he continued to explain that currently there wouldn't be an ADM. I'm not trolling, I've been working my *** off for a while now, and I can afford to buy one straight up as I told the dealer...
The only mention of any kind of down payment was the 10k for when I actually order and spec the car.
I've also emailed the sales rep from the 1st dealer a few times asking simple questions to decide color and spec for the car; and to be completely honest he's been very short and rude so far.
It's extremely annoying not being taken seriously; considering I would be willing to pay the ADM to get it sooner if possible, and I'm trying to buy a car from them with 60k fu**ing options put into it, you would think they would have some more respect/professionalism instead of most likely judging me by my age.
Guess all I can do is wait. I'll update this in 6 months if I actually get an allocation and tell you guys where it is LOL
Should have brought a duffel bag of ****** to offer.
The following 5 users liked this post by shrimp money:
3rdpedal (11-04-2022), devexpert (11-04-2022), Kram (11-04-2022), Smirnoff67 (11-05-2022), zachr (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 01:35 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,325 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
Dealers don't care about paying cash, they don't want you to pay cash, they make money on financing and cash buyers cost them money. Just a suggestion for the future, don't tell a dealer you're paying cash until the deal is negotiated. They often will bid you a price thinking financing will pad the deal a bit.

Oh and the first dealer is probably shining you on, GTS allocations are rare, each dealer only gets a few, and go for +ADM.
You didn’t honestly take his post seriously, did you?
Old 11-04-2022, 07:21 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
You didn’t honestly take his post seriously, did you?
That whole cash bit is suspect. Dealers don't get excited about cash.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Kram
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Hello, sorry if something like this has already been asked recently, but around the beginning of October I went into my local Porsche dealer, and got myself on the waitlist for a new 2023 992 GTS. (I'm 22m)
My SA said it would be around 6-months for an allocation, and around 3 more to "have it." From what I understand allocations are different per dealership? Which would make sense right..
Well obviously I want to wait as little as possible so I called the next closest dealership and they didn't even think I'd be able to get an allocation saying that it'd probably be about 2-3 years, and claimed it was due to high demand...
Yet I'm on the waitlist already at 6 quoted months, and these two dealers are only 175 miles away from each other; so you would expect if the demand is so high there, why would I be able to get a car sooner at my local one..?
Especially with how car enthusiasts are; I would drive 300 miles to pick one up, if I could get it a year and a half sooner; yet the people who live near the other one haven't booked up my local dealer? weird...
Either you're a really good troll or the context of your post truly does reflect your age. If you want to be taken serious then act serious. Showing up to a Porsche dealership(I get the feeling you came off like you were the sh*t) ready to throw cash around won't gain you any respect. This is Porsche, they have seen thousands and thousands of people with oodles of money. Your money means sh*t to them and so does your age. If you act in a manner to warrant serious treatment you will get just that. I'm 27yo male it wasn't very difficult for me as I tend to (try to) carry myself applicably in the right settings. Paying cash means **** to them, they want you to finance first off as it makes them money, cash is far from a flex.

You want to be taken serious? I suggest you start altering your approach, such as maybe idk.. changing your username so that other rennlisters can take you serious, instead of projecting that you sir are most likely a bag of dild0s yourself. Just a thought.
Old 11-04-2022, 12:53 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

LOL I didn’t notice the OP’s handle. Says a lot about the OP none of it positive.

What a dumbass.
The following users liked this post:
PHX (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 04:42 PM
dildobaggins007
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Man you are childish af. grow tf up and offer actual help or don't waste my time
Old 11-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Kram
Instructor

Man you are childish af. grow tf up and offer actual help or don't waste my time

Lol I'm not sure who you're talking too but your attempt at belittling anyone here has failed miserably and instead you reinforce your childish behavior. Have fun not driving your Porsche GTS buddy.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:48 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 340 Posts

Oh the irony...

Can we lock this? I think there are enough of these threads.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:52 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
Oh the irony...

Can we lock this? I think there are enough of these threads.
Responded to the wrong one, actually agree, sorry.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:53 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Yup, this will help.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:58 PM
dildobaggins007
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes obviously telling the dealer i would do cash was the wrong move.
Im not an egotistical person, and I wasn't trying to act "baller" or anything with the dealer. It would be my first new car purchase, and I don't enjoy being jerked around or having my time wasted. I got the answers i wanted already, thank you guys who were actually helpful.
sucks this community has just as many ******** ******** as reddit.. God forbid i have a personality and enjoy lord of the rings.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:00 PM
Kram
Instructor

Yes obviously telling the dealer i would do cash was the wrong move.
Im not an egotistical person, and I wasn't trying to act "baller" or anything with the dealer. It would be my first new car purchase, and I don't enjoy being jerked around or having my time wasted. I got the answers i wanted already, thank you guys who were actually helpful.
sucks this community has just as many ******** ******** as reddit.. God forbid i have a personality and enjoy lord of the rings.
Thats because we are the same community as Reddit my man. Respectful behavior will take you miles just a heads up. You stating anyone in here is "wasting your time" is purely comical. You're wasting your own time commenting. Just remember that. Good luck to you little guy.
The following users liked this post:
icanthelpit (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 05:09 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

This is like watching people face upwind and have a pissing contest.

Quick Reply: Allocation confusion.