Sponsored by:

Corrosion on Targa bar and squeaking seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 03:12 PM
81romeo
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Corrosion on Targa bar and squeaking seat

Last week I took my Targa 4GTS to a dealership in London, UK for corrosion signs on the targa bar (see pics) and a squeaking driver seat.

Picked it up today to find out that the corrosion signs are still visible (I was told they coated the bar) and the passenger seat is still squeaking (they said it was the roof (?!?!) but it’s def the seat).

Of curse I didn’t accept the car, they now said they will look into replacing the bar and the driver seat.

Any similar negative experiences?

Old 10-10-2022, 04:09 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

doesn't look like corrosion to me. Looks like the bar wasn't fully sprayed, more of a paint issue. like inside the fins it looks like the paint didn't even make it to the edges. Probably can repaint the bar prior to replacing the whole bar, no?
The following 2 users liked this post by slc4s:
KLOC (10-28-2023), Ull (10-10-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 10:54 AM
81romeo
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
doesn't look like corrosion to me. Looks like the bar wasn't fully sprayed, more of a paint issue. like inside the fins it looks like the paint didn't even make it to the edges. Probably can repaint the bar prior to replacing the whole bar, no?
Thank you. Dealership just came back to me advising they have ordered the Targa side panels (the bits with the fins) so these will be replaced. They are also going to replace the driver's seat frame hoping the squeak goes.
The following users liked this post:
KLOC (02-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Corrosion on Targa bar and squeaking seat