Sponsored by:

Blown Rear windshield

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Majed
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
It's very disappointing to hear these stories. Is Porsche a premium brand? I'd like to think so but the stories about how they're always trying to find ways to not cover things under warranty is troubling. Check out the thread about windshield gaskets deteriorating. Apparently it's been going on for years and when you bring it to the dealer they'll say you caused it by using some forbidden car shampoo or cleaner.
They have never heared of (Customer Retention) apparently.

Otherwise, why would they treat customers like this. I have been a Porsche client since 2011. Bought many cars since that 😤
Old 10-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Majed
Track Day

Originally Posted by zachr
Sorry to hear that, OP.

Semi-off-topic, I've heard in stories dealing with telecoms in America (specifically AT&T) that their "office of the president" is fairly attentive to complaints about poor customer experiences and tend to be able to resolve . I wonder if Porsche has a similar organization that you can escalate a complaint to. I agree that "this must have been caused by an external factor" is bull****. My company just moved us into a brand new office building, and three times now they've had a window randomly shatter, unprompted. I've had shower glass shatter unprompted as well. Yes, something went wrong, but there's no more reason to believe it was an outside force than that your window glass, gasket, housing, or something else about how the car rolled off the assembly line caused this.
Originally Posted by kim9701
Kind of surprising from Porsche given the fact that the 3 corners have fractures. I can't imagine what "external factors" caused by the driver could result into something like this. Perhaps someone drove like a daredevil and caused the structure to twist?
The most hilarious thing they asked me to prove that there were no external factors caused this 🤣.
by common sense they are the expert and should be able to prove the other way around
The following users liked this post:
rouxeny (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 05:00 PM
KahunaCanuck
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Sadly the same thing happened to me with my 2018 GT3...it was parked in a storage facility near the track and did the exact same thing. Porsche refused to fix it.
The following users liked this post:
Majed (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 06:21 PM
Majed
Track Day

Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck
Sadly the same thing happened to me with my 2018 GT3...it was parked in a storage facility near the track and did the exact same thing. Porsche refused to fix it.
Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful,
Old 10-05-2022, 07:27 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck
May I ask what that costs to replace a rear windshield on a 991?

Quick Reply: Blown Rear windshield