992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Protection Plan- Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022 | 04:13 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Default Porsche Protection Plan- Worth it?

Hi Friends,

I’m considering purchasing the extended Porsche Vehicle Service Program- warranty knows as the Platinum Porsche coverage. Dealership offering 9 year 100,000 mile warranty for $9,202. Apparently this can be purchased at anytime of existing manufacturer warranty. Anyone have any experience in this? Is it worth it? Should I buy now or does it matter? Current miles are 25k and manufacture warranty covered until 50k. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Caliporsche; 09-30-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2022 | 04:30 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

You said this car is coming off lease, and it already has 25k miles on it?
Old 09-30-2022 | 04:43 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by shrimp money
You said this car is coming off lease, and it already has 25k miles on it?
Correct. 2020 992. Lease was for 15k a year. 45k miles at end of lease. I’m currently at 25k miles at end of lease. Any other questions?
Old 09-30-2022 | 06:28 PM
TheAv1ator
Advanced

Just like we were saying in your CPO thread, go for fidelity platinum.

You'd need to give us a copy of the contract for the porsche warranty for us to compare the coverage. It very well could be Fidelity underwriting it with their platinum plan and just a Porsche branding on top.
The following 3 users liked this post by TheAv1ator:
balucipher (09-30-2022), Caliporsche (09-30-2022), Highline-Autos.com (10-03-2022)
Old 09-30-2022 | 06:41 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheAv1ator
Just like we were saying in your CPO thread, go for fidelity platinum.

You'd need to give us a copy of the contract for the porsche warranty for us to compare the coverage. It very well could be Fidelity underwriting it with their platinum plan and just a Porsche branding on top.
I see! Okay let me look into the Fidelity plan. The coverage that the dealership provides is what’s on the Porsche web site; Platinum VSC- $250 deductible 100k miles/ 9 years. You can view the coverage under “Download Brochure” and select “Porsche a vehicle Protection Service” here; https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...rotectionplan/

I’ve also tried to attach it here as a photo. Apologies if the format is wrong or hard to view. I’m not the best at using this.

Price is quoted as; $9,202 as “Platinum” coverage.
Attached Images
Old 09-30-2022 | 07:50 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Don’t buy it now. You have until the end of the factory warranty to pull the trigger. Between the CPO and the protection plan, you’re considering adding like $15k to the purchase price of this car which you stated that you were already planning for finance for 72 months at a pretty high rate. Oi!

Skip all of this stuff and finance for a shorter term. Find a better rate.

The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
Caliporsche (09-30-2022), doug_999 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-30-2022 | 07:53 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by detansinn
Don’t buy it now. You have until the end of the factory warranty to pull the trigger. Between the CPO and the protection plan, you’re considering adding like $15k to the purchase price of this car which you stated that you were already planning for finance for 72 months at a pretty high rate. Oi!

Skip all of this stuff and finance for a shorter term. Find a better rate.
Excellent advice! This is exactly what I needed to hear, just to confirm my decision. I’m checking with a local credit union to see their rate. I’m sure it’ll be much less than PFS and then I’ll purchase the vehicle. You’re absolutely right about waiting. No need to do this right now as I still have time on my manufacturer warranty. Really appreciate your advice! Thank you so much!
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022 | 07:58 PM
BadlyDrawnBoy
Instructor

If you are in CA try Logix Banking
Old 10-01-2022 | 10:32 AM
dhjaffe
Instructor

Related question. Once your car has been delivered, is it worth shopping around at different Porsche dealerships for the Porsche Extended Service Programs? Is one dealership likely to discount it compared to another? Same question for the wheel/tire plans and the maintenance plans.
Old 10-01-2022 | 11:30 AM
Zanotti
Racer

Originally Posted by dhjaffe
Related question. Once your car has been delivered, is it worth shopping around at different Porsche dealerships for the Porsche Extended Service Programs? Is one dealership likely to discount it compared to another? Same question for the wheel/tire plans and the maintenance plans.
When I was closing my deal with the finance guy, and pretty much saying no to every pitch - pleasantly and softly, but not interested. He got to the tire and wheel package, something like $2K for decent tire, rim, and pothole coverage. I was interested but stuck with my previous no answers, and the tire and rim package dropped by half immediately after saying no. He re-offered the same plan for $1K - and I was led to believe after saying no again was it was still negotiable within something like 30 days from purchase.

Someone here says - you don't want anything the finance guy offers, but this did give me pause.

Quick Reply: Porsche Protection Plan- Worth it?