992 Engine Start help - Step 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 02:11 PM
DE_Fan
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Question 992 Engine Start help - Step 2

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to solicit some additional input to my previous post (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1316...tart-help.html) as it feels like it is a dark magic with this generation of the vehicle with no publicly available documentation. Maybe that is what makes it fun as well, a place to thrive for auto enthusiasts.
I replaced the Pyro fuse and reassembled the dashboard. Cross checked all fuses and relays in all 3 fuse panels (2 on the sides by A pillars\footwells) and the one in the back (behind rear seats, left side). Checked relays with applying power and making sure that contactors were conducting correctly --> all good. (I guess being old ASIC designer helps)
The Engine cranks but does NOT start. So, my assumption that the ECU or something is not letting the fuel pump or injectors to go online.
As mentioned in the first thread, the car had its airbags deployed (full driver side).
Here are my specific questions (maybe a technician could shed some light?):
- Does the SRS Control Module (the one that sits under middle console) prevent the engine from starting? > is there a crash data code that holds the ECU control for start?
- Is there a Code\Fault in the ECU specifically that needs to be cleared first?
- Is there another fuse or some other physical component that I need to consider?

Since the car took a slight hit, on the front left, the radiator was damaged -> Coolant leaked out.
- Can lack of Coolant and Fan presence, hold the engine start hostage? Note: 718 S, does not. E-Golf on the other hand did not like not having a fan (Bus check had a hold on start of electrical power train).

As mentioned before as well, once the car will start and the front control arm will be replaced, the car will visit the dealer for the health check.

And the last question, does anyone has PIWIS 3 recommendation \ accommodation in SF bay area? I really want to look into the brain of this thing. PM directly please.
Thank you Gents and Ladies!

Quick Reply: 992 Engine Start help - Step 2