Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Your 992, did you buy, lease or finance?
I bought it outright
58.13%
I leased it
3.11%
Financed with under $ 1K a month payment
10.03%
Financed with under $ 2K a month payment
22.49%
Household income is under $ 250K a year
11.76%
Household income is over $ 250K a year
43.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Your Money and Your 992

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 02:27 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 337 Posts

Yes, the NLRB is "some mickey mouse link". You have to be trolling...
Old 01-17-2023, 02:29 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
Yes, the NLRB is "some mickey mouse link". You have to be trolling...
I have as much respect for that link as I do for you. I'll say it again. You are completely clueless and seem exactly like the type of person who would go crying to some agency whenever your feelings get hurt. Good grief how pathetic. Not to mention the fact that you never bothered to ask if I paid my people well. Never bothered to ask how long my employees would stay (for decades some of them, years for others). Never bothered to find out how I treated my people. Just automatically began crying....no no no you can't do that! Which means you're exactly the type who does. Pathetic.

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 01-17-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:00 PM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

The point was simple. As an employer, you can't forbid employees from discussing wages. NRLB makes no stipulations about paying equal wage to workers with different levels of experience and tenure -- not sure how that came into discussion.

Last point, lawyers are not infallible. There is extensive online documentation about violations of NRLA and the repercussions. Firing someone for discussing wages, even coaching against it, can land you in extremely hot water.
The following users liked this post:
zachr (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 04:40 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Originally Posted by devsecflops
The point was simple. As an employer, you can't forbid employees from discussing wages. NRLB makes no stipulations about paying equal wage to workers with different levels of experience and tenure -- not sure how that came into discussion. Last point, lawyers are not infallible. There is extensive online documentation about violations of NRLA and the repercussions. Firing someone for discussing wages, even coaching against it, can land you in extremely hot water.
​​​​​​​Lord have mercy. Lawyers are not infallible...lawyers have kept me out of prison my whole life. Think about it like this. Did O.J. kill his wife? Yes and everyone knew it. Did he go to prison for it? No. The only reason he went to prison later in life is because he was broke and couldn't pay for the best defense lawyers. I've had several relatives and friends who have been in the same boat, and different boats. Friends who couldn't afford top shelf representation went to prison. Relatives who had the best representation and still ended up in prison on lesser charges simply because of our last name. Others ended up at Club Fed, because when the feds want someone, eventually they're gonna get them. Know why? Because they have unlimited resources and will spend 7 million to bust a guy worth 7 thousand. Hence my dislike for the Authorities; and none of which compare one iota to labor law problems. Our Employee handbook was written in a way to avoid me getting into trouble. And in over 30+ years of self employment, and having the same rule about not discussing pay, I've only ever actually fired a whopping two people-and not because of talking about pay, but because they were using hardcore drugs. The easiest way to get rid of a bad, or trouble-making employee and prevent them from getting Unemployment benefits is to simply cut their hours and they always end up quitting. Problem solved, and no higher payroll taxes for three years to cover the Unemployment benefits because they can't get them if they quit. Anyone​​​​​​​ who has owned their own business knows this. The only time I ever got jacked by an employee was by a woman who came to work for me and knowingly had a torn rotator cuff. And by the time I realized it, she threatened me with filing a Worker Comp claim if I disputed her request for Unemployment benefits. Other than that, I've never had problems with Staff beyond my ex-wife hiring someone who wasn't well-suited for the job and simply couldn't be trained. Great paralegal, knowing people and who not to hire-not so much. Enough already.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:01 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

You're impressively adept at reading (and responding to) what you wanted to read rather than the actual text someone posted. I can see why you need good attorneys.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:13 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Originally Posted by zachr
You're impressively adept at reading (and responding to) what you wanted to read rather than the actual text someone posted. I can see why you need good attorneys.
​​​​​​​How do you figure? I know you're impressively adept at being clueless and all, so I'm having a hard time following what you're saying. I have good attorneys because they're like Doctors, Dentists, and CPA's....you get what you pay for.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:28 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

With my house paid off now, the only new thing I will be financing is my 911. We are truly blessed in here.
AlexCeres (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 05:48 PM
mmorgan216
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Come on guys cool it. Good points made by both sides. Don’t have to agree with them to acknowledge the “other side” has a valid point.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:06 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 919 Likes on 445 Posts

A lot of my foreign-born friends and neighbors are very open about personal finance decisions. American-born friends are generally not too invasive. If I don't want to answer I usually just make a joke out of it.

One guy financed his $250k pool... at the time, I didn't even know people financed pools, but come to find out a lot of people do it. Truth is, I'm sure all of my neighbors have different views on personal finance that (hopefully) work for them.

By the way... not sure why this poll has $250k as the threshold for income... seems arbitrary given a Porsche forum

Last edited by DodoBrd; 01-17-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Nibiru12
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
By the way... not sure why this poll has $250k as the threshold for income... seems arbitrary given a Porsche forum
$250k income in NYC area is rather poor, or at best a middle class living standard.

Heck, US GDP per capita, where "capita" represents everyone (= including babies and retired people) is supposed to be $75k....

Since average household size is 2.5 person in 2022, average HH income of the whole USA is supposed to be around $75k x 2.5 = $188k per household.

Frankly, that number for the entire USA seems very bogus though...
Old 01-18-2023, 11:30 AM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nibiru12
$250k income in NYC area is rather poor, or at best a middle class living standard.

Heck, US GDP per capita, where "capita" represents everyone (= including babies and retired people) is supposed to be $75k....

Since average household size is 2.5 person in 2022, average HH income of the whole USA is supposed to be around $75k x 2.5 = $188k per household.

That's because outliers (i.e. those with very high income) skew this number significantly. Median income is what you're looking for for a better idea of how much the average person (or household) makes.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:48 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Using GDP data to deduce median HH income is apples and oranges

GDP is a good measurement to compare aggregate country-wide economic status

The median HH income in the US is ~$70k (https://www.census.gov/library/publi...0Table%20A%2D1).)

I just thought it was funny to pick $250k as the threshold in OP's post
Old 01-18-2023, 12:17 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

Why are you converting GDP/capita to Household income?

And also, lets not be ridiculous. I live about 10 miles outside of midtown and 250k annual household income is not "rather poor." Are you buying $3mm houses and new 911s every two years? no. Can you afford a decent $600k home in the suburbs, two nice vacations a year, and a few decent late model used cars? yes. If you think thats poor, you are lucky.

$250k is middle class in NYC area, but trending towards the upper middle class.

zachr (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 01:08 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Why are you converting GDP/capita to Household income?

And also, lets not be ridiculous. I live about 10 miles outside of midtown and 250k annual household income is not "rather poor." Are you buying $3mm houses and new 911s every two years? no. Can you afford a decent $600k home in the suburbs, two nice vacations a year, and a few decent late model used cars? yes. If you think thats poor, you are lucky.

$250k is middle class in NYC area, but trending towards the upper middle class.
Is $250k poor in Manhattan?
Old 01-18-2023, 01:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 808 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
Is $250k poor in Manhattan?
250k isn't poor anywhere. Individual choice to blow it all on overly expensive housing and discretionary items.
zachr (01-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Your Money and Your 992