Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2S build and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 11:08 AM
MattBauer
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Sports package, upgrade the seats, at least the Bose. Rest is all personal preference. If one plans regular tracking don’t get the PCCBs and add rear wheel steering. If cars and coffee is your thing….they all look the same. It’s a mass produced car, hardly rare.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:16 PM
kim9701
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 104 Posts

Looks good to me.
I passed on ACC, Extended Tank, & Sunroof.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:55 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
That's what I heard. But they are ridiculously expensive to replace on Suncoast. $2,595. Available w or w/o airbag stickers.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992visors.html
Has anyone confirmed the lack of warning stickers? Not saying its not accurate but it seems odd that the US regulators would care what material is under their warnings. My M5 had alcantara on the visors and still had the stickers.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:49 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBauer
Sports package, upgrade the seats, at least the Bose. Rest is all personal preference. If one plans regular tracking don’t get the PCCBs and add rear wheel steering. If cars and coffee is your thing….they all look the same. It’s a mass produced car, hardly rare.
Your comment has got me thinking about adding some interior accents on seat belts and maybe tach
Old 09-16-2022, 04:31 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Updated configuration: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPW8BEG2

Switched to 18 way seats, added smoking package and the all weather mats.

Also, added guards red seat belts and guards red tach. Wondering if it's weird if my stitching is in chalk? Also, I've opted so far not to have guards red sports chrono. Any thoughts on this color combination?

The exterior has some red, so I think adding it to the interior shoooould look good right?
The following users liked this post:
3rdpedal (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 04:38 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

I think you will be fine with the red belts and tach, etc. Brake lights, calipers are in red, so those tie in. The belts and dials are not as pervasive as the stitching, which is also fairly subtle, that I don't see it as a negative. Wish I had gone that route. Expensive to swap out the belts after the fact. $1,300.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:28 PM
DoubleD992GTS
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Luck on obtaining the allocation. These are hard to get. Options and colors are personal preferences. Obtain feedback, but get what you want. No Regrets. Premium Package is a BIG yes. As mentioned above, Get Sports Package -> it gets you sports chrono with launch control. Yes to Glass Sunroof. Yes to ext range fuel tank. I would say no to ACC. My Sales Rep said LKA does not work correctly....do not pay for option. Have you thought about Rear Axle Steering? Great for city and also if competing in Auto Cross. Did you sit in the 18 way Sport Seats Plus? The 14 way Sport Sears are more comfortable for road trips. Personal choice. We also did a black leather interior with carmine red exterior. My wife was adamant that I did not get the chalk stitching. She put some color in the interior with the deviated leather seat centers ($980)(Mojave Beige). I also did Sports Chrono in red. No color seat belts. Again color is a personal choice. The agate grey metallic is a good conservative color.. The question is.....are you sure you want a conservative color? Again...SPEC what you want. Stay Safe. And do not forget about PPF when you get the car along with a Dashcam (front & rear).
Old 09-16-2022, 10:50 PM
Ontheboost
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Smart build. Functionally, only things I would consider is big tank and front axle lift in San Fran.

Aesthetically, it is nice looking but somewhat muted. If it were me, I would add some color in the interior either with Boudreaux/Black leather or colored belts (red or silver). If you are going for slightly understated then I like it.

If you want to roll like a boss, add black wheels, blacked out designations, black pipes, and black PDLS + over Boudreaux/Black leather!
Old 09-17-2022, 07:10 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ontheboost
Smart build. Functionally, only things I would consider is big tank and front axle lift in San Fran.

Aesthetically, it is nice looking but somewhat muted. If it were me, I would add some color in the interior either with Boudreaux/Black leather or colored belts (red or silver). If you are going for slightly understated then I like it.

If you want to roll like a boss, add black wheels, blacked out designations, black pipes, and black PDLS + over Boudreaux/Black leather!
Definitely going for an understated build. I added red tach, red seat belts to give it a bit more character inside: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPW8BEG2

Quick Reply: C2S build and suggestions