Sponsored by:

C2S build and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 06:26 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts
Default C2S build and suggestions

Hey yall, I'm close to getting an allocation (fingers crossed), and have been playing around on the configurator for about a year. I'm located SF Bay Area, and this will be my daily driver. Most likely will not be tracking it.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLGJ8H2

Edit: Also, any comments on colors, gloss vs non-gloss (window trim), etc appreciated as well

Last edited by kkevinqq; 09-14-2022 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 06:47 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 670 Likes on 315 Posts

For a daily in traffic or long distance boing drives I think LKA and ACC valuable. Can always turn off if you don't like.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:01 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,414 Likes on 685 Posts

If you live where it gets cool, get the heated steering wheel. Definitely get the 23 gal gas tank.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:07 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by kkevinqq
Hey yall, I'm close to getting an allocation (fingers crossed), and have been playing around on the configurator for about a year. I'm located SF Bay Area, and this will be my daily driver. Most likely will not be tracking it.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLGJ8H2
Hits all the right buttons. Another vote for ACC. It’s a useful daily driver feature. Maybe Front axle lift for SF streets.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:30 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,264 Posts

That looks like a nice build!
I'd strongly recommend ACC for sure! I've lived in the Bay Area (Orinda) for many years and now live in the Los Angeles area. I know about heavy traffic all to well. IMHO, ACC is worth its weight in gold when dealing with typical freeway traffic there and here. Once you've had it and gotten used to it, you'll never buy another car without it.
The other options I'd add would be the extended range gas tank and the smoking package (no charge). With the extended range gas tank, I have never, ever found myself in a position where I actually "need" to get gas. I'm a cheap skate and I buy from the station(s) of my choice at a timing of my choice. Now, even if you do not smoke, this "smoking" package gets you a very nice removable container for the cup holder spot between the shifter and the center console at no additional cost.
The Porsche "All Weather Floor Mats" which is actually a Dealer installed option, are very nice. If they had been available (bad dealer) when I picked up my C2S, I'd have gotten them instead of the WeatherTech mats I have now. Nothing against WeatherTech, they are very good, but the Porsche Mats look far better and do pretty much the same job.
Old 09-14-2022, 08:48 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Thanks for the feedbacks! Will probably add the smoking package and all weather mats to my build.

Several questions:
  1. Smoking package - does adding this option make any structural changes to the center console area? Or is this like a swappable addition. I.e. is the original cup holder without this option already removable?
  2. ACC - definitely one of my hesitant areas. I'm definitely coming from a "low tech" mentality and have never used any sort of CC or ACC. I'm slightly scared to use it, or become dependent on it. Also, doesn't it take away from the fun of just driving the car normally? And lastly, I haven't acquired the ability to appreciate the look of the "center eyeball". Anybody else coming from the same camp and got converted over to be an ACC-user?
  3. Extended tank - To me I think that'd just be the difference of filling up every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks, so I don't feel like that's a huge pain. Other than this kind of convenience, there aren't many other reasons for it right?

For FAL, I'm closer to the south bay, and I don't think my normal driving routes have big humps, bumps, etc. I haven't opted form SPASM, so I think the normal height should be ok.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:52 PM
timisasuperboy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I know how long did you wait for the allocation?
Old 09-14-2022, 10:01 PM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Originally Posted by timisasuperboy
May I know how long did you wait for the allocation?
I haven't received the allocation yet, but I'm getting very close (again fingers crossed). IIRC I put my deposit some time in the 4th quarter last year.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:43 PM
timisasuperboy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't received the allocation yet, but I'm getting very close (again fingers crossed). IIRC I put my deposit some time in the 4th quarter last year.
Got it. So about 9-12 months wait?
Old 09-14-2022, 11:16 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks for the feedbacks! Will probably add the smoking package and all weather mats to my build.

Several questions:
  1. Smoking package - does adding this option make any structural changes to the center console area? Or is this like a swappable addition. I.e. is the original cup holder without this option already removable?
nope it’s just an insert, no change.
  1. ACC - definitely one of my hesitant areas. I'm definitely coming from a "low tech" mentality and have never used any sort of CC or ACC. I'm slightly scared to use it, or become dependent on it. Also, doesn't it take away from the fun of just driving the car normally? And lastly, I haven't acquired the ability to appreciate the look of the "center eyeball". Anybody else coming from the same camp and got converted over to be an ACC-user?
I’m not a fan of the eye either and have a stick so I opted out.
  1. Extended tank - To me I think that'd just be the difference of filling up every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks, so I don't feel like that's a huge pain. Other than this kind of convenience, there aren't many other reasons for it right?
Thats the main reason but if I stop for gas 10 less times over the course of a year it certainly makes it worth it to me.

For FAL, I'm closer to the south bay, and I don't think my normal driving routes have big humps, bumps, etc. I haven't opted form SPASM, so I think the normal height should be ok.
Im in the East Bay and haven’t scrapped yet, but I’m conscious of it and avoid hitting steep inclines when not angled.

Otherwise build looks good, hit the most popular options and would be an easy sell / trade in
Old 09-14-2022, 11:54 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,876 Likes on 1,516 Posts

I’ll add a vote for ACC and the extended range tank. Having a manual ‘20 neither were available for me but I’d have taken them in a heartbeat if they were. The tank especially, it’s so so cheap and just adds flexibility.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:57 PM
cougar
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Im in the East Bay and haven’t scrapped yet, but I’m conscious of it and avoid hitting steep inclines when not angled.

Otherwise build looks good, hit the most popular options and would be an easy sell / trade in
I agree with that. This looks like the typical build a dealer would place w/o a specific customer (back when they had spare allocations). Nothing offending, easy re-sale. Flip side of that coin is that there is not much uniqueness to make it stand out at your regular cars and coffee meet either.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:54 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

My vote.
Forget the ACC.
Yes on the extended tank.
Yes on the smoking package. You get the cup holder, the square insert, and the covered insert/ashtray which is great for change or an AirPods case.
Then drop the Sport Chrono. You won't need it when you option the manual transmission instead and it comes with sport chrono.
With the money you just saved you can get the Sport Package with gives you the PSE and the PASM Sport.
Now you're $2000 less. Consider spending some of that on the 18 ways. Unless you are a really big guy, they are the better seats with the adjustable bolsters.
Add the sun visors in leather. I know silly. I wish I had. You don't want to stare at those awful decals.
Then add the tach and seat belts in Guards Red or at least Chalk to spice up the interior a tad.

Comes in quite close to your original build in price.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP983VF5
Old 09-15-2022, 02:14 AM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
My vote.
Forget the ACC.
Yes on the extended tank.
Yes on the smoking package. You get the cup holder, the square insert, and the covered insert/ashtray which is great for change or an AirPods case.
Then drop the Sport Chrono. You won't need it when you option the manual transmission instead and it comes with sport chrono.
With the money you just saved you can get the Sport Package with gives you the PSE and the PASM Sport.
Now you're $2000 less. Consider spending some of that on the 18 ways. Unless you are a really big guy, they are the better seats with the adjustable bolsters.
Add the sun visors in leather. I know silly. I wish I had. You don't want to stare at those awful decals.
Then add the tach and seat belts in Guards Red or at least Chalk to spice up the interior a tad.

Comes in quite close to your original build in price.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP983VF5
Leather sun visors don't have any decals?
Old 09-15-2022, 02:20 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Leather sun visors don't have any decals?
That's what I heard. But they are ridiculously expensive to replace on Suncoast. $2,595. Available w or w/o airbag stickers.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992visors.html

Quick Reply: C2S build and suggestions