Sponsored by:

Looking for painted trim pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 11:13 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 912 Posts
Question Looking for painted trim pictures

I am working on a Chalk 992 TTS build (posting here as it gets more activity). I'll be going with a lightweight package and to break the very dark cabin, considering racing yellow deviated stitching (but not the extended dash/door leather). To complement that, I was thinking of using the interior trim painted in exterior color as well as the A/C vents being painted exterior color. So the cabin would have racing yellow dials, stitching, belts, and chalk trim and chalk A/C vents (and the center vent has its surround racing yellow stitching). I wasn't able to find a lot of pictures of how this trim looks like in real life and if people who opted for it still like it.

I don't want to go with the CF trim because A) its matte finish does not match the gloss bucket seat finish and B) it darkens the already pretty dark cabin. I am also considering the brushed aluminum trim but for some reason that trim looks too "standard" to my eyes (perhaps because it is available in many other brands as a no cost option whereas the exterior color painted trim is very unique).

Edit : Here is my build :
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPX8AGU9

This is the only car I could find that has what I am looking for, but the video is very short and there is a lot of sunlight. I wish I could find the VIN number of the car so I could see its stock pictures but wasn't able to do that.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 09-09-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-09-2022, 01:10 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Not the color you seek (mine is aventurine green, Iceland green/black). I'm glad I chose it and wish there were more of it. I would like to have it around the shift lever and seat heat/cooling buttons.
Attached Images     
The following 2 users liked this post by icanthelpit:
3-Pedals (09-09-2022), txpackers (09-10-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 01:18 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Not the color you seek (mine is aventurine green, Iceland green/black). I'm glad I chose it and wish there were more of it. I would like to have it around the shift lever and seat heat/cooling buttons.
Thank you for these close ups. Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like its a glossy finish thats similar to the piano black trim finish so it looks pretty uniform.

Quick Reply: Looking for painted trim pictures