Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please on 992 Base build, locks in a month

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

I have a base on order, have been waiting for one year and three months.
My build is extremely similar to yours.
Agree with Tobeit that I wouldn't get ACC; if you check this forum you will see that there have been some problems with it, and some people having the car stopped abruptly in the line of traffic putting them at risk for getting T-boned.
I also agree with not spending an amount that is hugely marked up for the race tex items. Difficult to clean, absorbs dirt, not a good choice for visors or your fingers are getting wiped off on them.

My last suggestion is very subjective. Very few people get the rhomboid shaped base exhaust. If you look at the shape of the black plastic bumper area, it really seems designed for this exhaust. I like the looks of the exhaust.

The price of my build is almost identical to yours but includes paint to sample.

I am not ordering Bose for multiple reasons. It adds weight because of bigger speaker magnets.
The base stereo has improved versus what it used to be in the gap is not as large.
911s are fairly loud and I'd rather listen to the engine. When driving more slowly with less road noise, I will be perfectly happy with the base stereo, and I am an audiophile.
The following users liked this post:
remington (09-10-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

Not bad, I'd loose the chalk stitching, surround view, and Lane Change Assist, if you wanted to get that price down. The beautiful thing about 911's is that they truly are to each their own.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

remington (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 03:40 PM
KSG1965
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by remington;[url=tel:18348059
18348059[/url]]Built as a semi-daily driver in California, will never be tracked. I feel like it's a somewhat expensive build for a base, maybe too much.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPW42Y97

Background:
age 53
going to be used as a semi-daily driver in California.
Previous Porche ownership :981 Cayman, 718 GT4
Current cars: M2 Competition Manual (hence don't want a manual on the 911), Raptor, S6, Range Rover
Great build! Unless you really need the comfort systems (LCA, Surround Camera, etc.) I ditch those and save the money or put it to the sport exhaust. Either way you’ll be happy with a C2.

I use my C2 as a in town daily and touring car and couldn’t be happier. Anything more (power) for me would be a waste, I don’t track. I have tried to break the backend free during some spirited driving on back roads and thing sticks like glue to the road. On-ramps to the highway you will hit triple digits before the car starts breathing hard. Steering is perfect, had a 986 Boxster before and the 992 is just solid, balanced and spot on. By far the 992 is the best auto I have ever owned
remington (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 05:49 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by KSG1965
Great build! Unless you really need the comfort systems (LCA, Surround Camera, etc.) I ditch those and save the money or put it to the sport exhaust. Either way you’ll be happy with a C2.

I use my C2 as a in town daily and touring car and couldn’t be happier. Anything more (power) for me would be a waste, I don’t track. I have tried to break the backend free during some spirited driving on back roads and thing sticks like glue to the road. On-ramps to the highway you will hit triple digits before the car starts breathing hard. Steering is perfect, had a 986 Boxster before and the 992 is just solid, balanced and spot on. By far the 992 is the best auto I have ever owned
If I wasn't going to give dailying this a shot I would ditch all the safety/comfort stuff and spec it like my GT4. Glad to hear you've been happy with the Base, I've tried to daily harder core sports cars and didn't like it so hoping the base is the sweet spot.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:02 PM
DavidColorado
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 on the standard rhomboid-shaped base exhaust. I like the way it echos the radiator openings in the front, from a design perspective. The engine sounds great when I put my right foot down enough to overpower the tire noise. :-)
I don't have the front-axle lift and not missing it. But if you spend extra $ for the sport extended front lip, you may want to add it for insurance.

remington (09-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Opinions please on 992 Base build, locks in a month