Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Add-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 12:17 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 917 Likes on 444 Posts

OP - if you are interested in an add-on like PPF or windshield protection, consider finding who does it and what product they use. This stuff is always contracted out and usually marked up more than if you contracted with them directly.

I got PPF and Windshield protection but not from the dealer. I got the windshield done because 1) if helps protect it from get cracked and a replaced windshield never has the same fitment as OEM and 2) it cuts down the starry glaze that you see when the sun hits the windshield in certain angles from reflecting all the microchips.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:19 AM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
OP - if you are interested in an add-on like PPF or windshield protection, consider finding who does it and what product they use. This stuff is always contracted out and usually marked up more than if you contracted with them directly.

I got PPF and Windshield protection but not from the dealer. I got the windshield done because 1) if helps protect it from get cracked and a replaced windshield never has the same fitment as OEM and 2) it cuts down the starry glaze that you see when the sun hits the windshield in certain angles from reflecting all the microchips.
Not interested in PPF or windshield
Looking at prepaid service which now I'm leaning towards no vs. wheel and tire.
Looks like prepaid also ties you to the dealer which I didn't realize.

Trying to decide what to do about wheel and tire. With other cars I've definitely replaced at least 5 tires in 3 years. But maybe that doesn't even justify the cost

They always scare you with the rim bending but I honestly don't think that's a true concern?
Old 02-10-2023, 12:27 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

>> Trying to decide what to do about wheel and tire.
Again, where do you live (in terms of road quality), and how much do you drive? Vast difference between year-round northeast commuter usage and southeast garage queen....
Old 02-10-2023, 12:40 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 917 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Not interested in PPF or windshield
Looking at prepaid service which now I'm leaning towards no vs. wheel and tire.
Looks like prepaid also ties you to the dealer which I didn't realize.

Trying to decide what to do about wheel and tire. With other cars I've definitely replaced at least 5 tires in 3 years. But maybe that doesn't even justify the cost

They always scare you with the rim bending but I honestly don't think that's a true concern?
if you know you are statistically more prone to flat tires then consider it. The companies offering this are for profit, meaning on average they win.

it’s extremely rare to bend a rim unless you are in an accident of some sort, and at that point use your insurance.
The following users liked this post:
jlegelis (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 10:40 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

Read the fine print on wheel and tire. Does it fix a scratched rim if the tire did not have to be replaced? Many do not! Also know that you will not be dealing with the dealer on the repair, they have to run everything through the insurance company what backs the warranty, in my experience they will fight you to not repair the rim. Also make sure you can change tire brands and still be covered, it came with Goodyear but you put MS4S on it, will they cover the non-OEM tire?
Old 02-10-2023, 02:50 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

The following covered wheel and tire replacement or refurbishment, paintless dent repair, towing, and much more, and there is glass coverage available for only about $200 more, complete replacement or fill in.

992 Models <10k miles

Fidelity Superior Road Hazard & Tire:
84 months
$0 Deductible
-$3,104

You can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 if you have any questions or would like to see an example contract.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
Harry Wenhr (02-10-2023), rokkerkory (02-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealership Add-Ons