Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Siem Confucius boat buddies. August 2022

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 06:51 PM
BadlyDrawnBoy
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 42 Posts

Finally it's at the dealer today, fly to Chicago Friday, drive back to Palm Springs over the long weekend. Can't wait..
The following users liked this post:
balucipher (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 10:21 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

CapitalAl, Did you take delivery? Do you have Bose?

Last edited by jhbs; 08-31-2022 at 10:23 PM. Reason: To address member
Old 09-01-2022, 07:53 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbs
CapitalAl, Did you take delivery? Do you have Bose?
Took delivery yesterday and have the Bose.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:17 AM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations. Is your steering wheel manually adjustable? Post some pics!
Old 09-01-2022, 12:27 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbs
Congratulations. Is your steering wheel manually adjustable? Post some pics!
Manual adjust for the steering column.

The following 2 users liked this post by CapitalAL:
BadlyDrawnBoy (09-01-2022), jhbs (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 01:14 PM
GoBearcats
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Vehicle Damage

My car has been sitting in Baltimore in "port processing" status since 8/20. My SA told me last week that she expected my car at the dealership by the end of last week. I followed up with her early this week and she didn't have any explanation as to why they haven't received it yet, so I reached out to the GM at my dealer to see if he had any insight. He called me yesterday afternoon and let me know that he called his contact in Baltimore and found out that my car is waiting to be repaired due to some "minor damage" that they noticed to "a trim part that doesn't require any paint". He couldn't give me any further details than that, but he said it could be a lot worse. He said that he had another customer who had a Taycan stuck in Baltimore for 6 months waiting for a replacement sunroof. My car finished production on 6/29 and at this point I have no idea when I'll actually be able to take delivery.

If you're still waiting for your car, you may want to ask your dealer to do some digging for you. From what I've read, a fairly high percentage of these vehicles are damaged in shipping and those issues need to be resolved at the port before they're transported to the dealers.
Old 09-02-2022, 07:14 AM
67SSWT
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBearcats
My car has been sitting in Baltimore in "port processing" status since 8/20. My SA told me last week that she expected my car at the dealership by the end of last week. I followed up with her early this week and she didn't have any explanation as to why they haven't received it yet, so I reached out to the GM at my dealer to see if he had any insight. He called me yesterday afternoon and let me know that he called his contact in Baltimore and found out that my car is waiting to be repaired due to some "minor damage" that they noticed to "a trim part that doesn't require any paint". He couldn't give me any further details than that, but he said it could be a lot worse. He said that he had another customer who had a Taycan stuck in Baltimore for 6 months waiting for a replacement sunroof. My car finished production on 6/29 and at this point I have no idea when I'll actually be able to take delivery.

If you're still waiting for your car, you may want to ask your dealer to do some digging for you. From what I've read, a fairly high percentage of these vehicles are damaged in shipping and those issues need to be resolved at the port before they're transported to the dealers.
Hmmm
That's not encouraging. Mine's stuck in FL, waiting to be shipped to the Experience Center. Because they did not have my correct email address, the earliest date they have is two months off.
I am supposed to wait.
So much for the "experience"

Quick Reply: Siem Confucius boat buddies. August 2022