Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerokit Wing or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

No reason to argue - very personal choice. I like it but rest of family does not so I decided against adding it. Just like many other choices like color, sport bumper, seats, wheels…
Old 08-03-2022, 11:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 808 Likes on 432 Posts

It's true, 50% of people likely have a terrible sense of style. They can't be saved. Come to the other side and get the kit.
The following 3 users liked this post by 22992:
EZ E (08-04-2022), reddsektor (08-04-2022), shrimp money (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Point and laugh all you want. That’s what I do when I see the Civic sized brakes on an S.

edit: had to add a pic of my fake GT3.

Its not the size of the brakes that matter, its the motion in the ocean..... May have confounded something there
Old 08-04-2022, 02:09 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by licrusher
I originally ordered by base 992 with Sports Package and Aerokit wing but the wing was on stop order so I accepted delivery back in May with just the Sports Package. I just got notified that the dealer has an Aerokit wing available for me which could be painted and installed. However, I have now use to not having it but I did originally really like the look with it when I included in build. Would you add or skip?
Is your dealership offering you the wing at the original +/- $2k price or the newly inflated +/- $5k price? If it's the former, get it.......but if it's the latter, I would pass. I, too, ordered the Sport Design kit and planned to add the wing at a later time. At $2k it was priced perfectly, but with a more than double price increase, it just isn't worth it.
The following users liked this post:
rouxeny (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 04:34 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Is your dealership offering you the wing at the original +/- $2k price or the newly inflated +/- $5k price? If it's the former, get it.......but if it's the latter, I would pass. I, too, ordered the Sport Design kit and planned to add the wing at a later time. At $2k it was priced perfectly, but with a more than double price increase, it just isn't worth it.

I totally feel the same. 5k is a bit too steep.
M3Inline6 (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 11:28 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Got rolled into at 2023 with recent delays, con: lost my European delivery date and obvious delay. Pros: my2023 with no cost increase. Aerokit is now available for 2023 models. European delivery in spring. I am most excited about the aerokit being available and would have chosen a delay to get it. I love the classic look of the 911 without a wing but love it more with a wing. Not really sure why people call owners with a wing "GT3 wanna be's" or "GT3 posers". This is an option offered by Porsche, I am not ordering if off a Chinese website or slapping a GT3 logo on my car. I like an aggressive looking sports car. I guess I am also a "Turbo Poser" because my gts is available with turbo wheels and brakes and center locks. Get what you like and you will always be happy. I just did a track weekend and saw a lot of cars with the Porsche sticker on the bottom. They looked awesome but on this forum there are people that will say never put a sticker on your Porsche. It is like unusual paint colors, I am not sure I could do it but I LOVE when I see one in a non standard color like python green. Go for the wing and don't look back!!! (especially because of the obstructed view caused by the wing in your rear view mirror )
rouxeny (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by tsjoel
Got rolled into at 2023 with recent delays, con: lost my European delivery date and obvious delay. Pros: my2023 with no cost increase. Aerokit is now available for 2023 models. European delivery in spring. I am most excited about the aerokit being available and would have chosen a delay to get it. I love the classic look of the 911 without a wing but love it more with a wing. Not really sure why people call owners with a wing "GT3 wanna be's" or "GT3 posers". This is an option offered by Porsche, I am not ordering if off a Chinese website or slapping a GT3 logo on my car. I like an aggressive looking sports car. I guess I am also a "Turbo Poser" because my gts is available with turbo wheels and brakes and center locks. Get what you like and you will always be happy. I just did a track weekend and saw a lot of cars with the Porsche sticker on the bottom. They looked awesome but on this forum there are people that will say never put a sticker on your Porsche. It is like unusual paint colors, I am not sure I could do it but I LOVE when I see one in a non standard color like python green. Go for the wing and don't look back!!! (especially because of the obstructed view caused by the wing in your rear view mirror )
All sport cars have wings, and not because they are gt3 wannabees. The last thing i think about when i look at my 992 with wing is the gt3. Actually think it looks much better than the gt3 in person. Pictures dont do it justice. What i do find really dumb is that thing that pops up on non aero kit 992s.
Cartod (06-05-2023)
Old 08-04-2022, 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tsjoel
I never understood the “poser” thing either. The wing looks NOTHING like the GT3 wing. If Someone wanted to “pose” as a GT3, wouldn’t they use the gt3 wing? Or a replica? In what world would you try to emulate something with parts that look completely different? When I think poser I picture a fiero with a Ferrari body kit…
Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 PM
Z911
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by passat774
I have one for sale
one of what? I’m local and interested if you’re talking about Aerokit

Quick Reply: Aerokit Wing or not?