992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GTS color help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023 | 06:03 PM
JOSCAL
Racer

I’d love to see pics of the superior red!

Also the pic earlier in the thread with the blue 993 turbo (Ruf?) really highlights how bloody awesome the 993 still looks today👏

Apologies meant to quote…senior moment😳🥹

Last edited by JOSCAL; 01-04-2023 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2023 | 06:16 PM
Bully74
Intermediate

then choice now is between GT Silver or Shark blue. even thought Shark seems a bit too flashy for me ...
Old 01-04-2023 | 06:45 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

I vote GT Silver. I know some people consider it boring, but I think it rocks. Not my fist choice, but after I win the lottery I'll definitely have one in the garage. It's timeless. A GT Silver 911 will look just as nice 30 years from now.
The following users liked this post:
Bully74 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023 | 07:16 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

This thread supports my idea that...nobody can really help you with color, you just have to go with what speaks to you. I was fully set on Shark Blue while waiting for my GTS allocation, then fell in love with Arctic grey and strangely enough landed on Guards Red by the time I locked even though few pointed me that way (my 991.2 was Carmine). Here is a perspective to consider: colors like Guards, GT Silver and a few others are classic in my view and colors like Shark and Arctic as awesome as they look, and they do, are somewhat fads. The deciding factor for me was all the Kia, Hyundai and Toyotas with some variant of bright blue or Arctic I saw while driving to and from Key West a few weeks ago. Yeah, they weren't 992's but that was enough for me.

...so that said, my input in a situation where it does not help is go GT over Shark Blue even though I have not laid eyes on an ugly 911 of any color (although Rubystar is really testing that).
The following 2 users liked this post by Vicbastige:
992guyinsb (03-22-2023), Ørjan (01-05-2023)
Old 01-04-2023 | 08:02 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
This thread supports my idea that...nobody can really help you with color, you just have to go with what speaks to you.
+1. This is not one for the wisdom of the crowd. One man's sober and understated is another man's sad and boring, and one man's lively and exciting is another man's garish and tacky.
The following 2 users liked this post by Freddie Two Bs:
Cokerrat (01-05-2023), FloraFauna (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 03:44 AM
Bully74
Intermediate

This thread supports my idea that...nobody can really help you with color, you just have to go with what speaks to you. I was fully set on Shark Blue while waiting for my GTS allocation, then fell in love with Arctic grey and strangely enough landed on Guards Red by the time I locked even though few pointed me that way (my 991.2 was Carmine). Here is a perspective to consider: colors like Guards, GT Silver and a few others are classic in my view and colors like Shark and Arctic as awesome as they look, and they do, are somewhat fads. The deciding factor for me was all the Kia, Hyundai and Toyotas with some variant of bright blue or Arctic I saw while driving to and from Key West a few weeks ago. Yeah, they weren't 992's but that was enough for me.

...so that said, my input in a situation where it does not help is go GT over Shark Blue even though I have not laid eyes on an ugly 911 of any color (although Rubystar is really testing that).
so true! also on Italian's road now there are so many Hyundai and Golf in bright blue and arctic
Old 01-05-2023 | 10:07 AM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zachr
Silver is not cool now, was not cool 4 years ago, and will not be cool in 4 years. It's boring. I shed a tear every time I see a train of Porsches in the mountains and not a single one of them has an interesting color -- silvers, whites, and blacks galore. At least go chalk or arctic gray if you want a shade of silver/white...
/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I've had many 911s and they were all black because I thought it was important to look aggressive. Car never looked clean over 20 years. I was convinced by my twin daughters to forget the aggressive black and do something pretty like chalk. I resisted to the end but ordered the chalk with the black package and let me tell you it's, gorgeous. I picked pretty over aggressive and the most annoying issue is dealing with those who are constantly snapping photos and asking what color it is. HaHa
Attached Files
File Type: mov
TARGA REVEAL SHORTENED.mov (18.54 MB, 41 views)
Old 01-05-2023 | 11:03 AM
Brosef
Racer

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I've had many 911s and they were all black because I thought it was important to look aggressive. Car never looked clean over 20 years. I was convinced by my twin daughters to forget the aggressive black and do something pretty like chalk. I resisted to the end but ordered the chalk with the black package and let me tell you it's, gorgeous. I picked pretty over aggressive and the most annoying issue is dealing with those who are constantly snapping photos and asking what color it is. HaHa
I would describe black as being classic and badass looking, but I would never call it 'aggressive' (to me, that is a color that is trying to get attention - like Python green or Racing yellow or Shark blue). many ways to go with color, and there are puts and takes to all of them. it also depends on where you live and what your use case is - for daily drivers for guys that want to stay somewhat conservative/discrete (whether because of where they live, where they plan to drive and park it, clients, etc.), a more subtle color (black, gray, silver) is a better choice. but if it's an extra car that's more of a weekend driver or if it's for use in areas where bolder colors are more common (Florida, SoCal, etc.), a bolder or more 'aggressive' color is more acceptable.

at least that's how I think of things - proof again that this is all personal
The following 2 users liked this post by Brosef:
Yojeffo (01-05-2023), Zetta (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 11:12 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

My first 1990 C2 was Stone Grey Metallic, which was not as dark as the Slate Grey.
Last week, I took delivery of my Agate Grey GT3 Touring.

The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
Bully74 (01-15-2023), Zetta (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 11:35 AM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brosef
I would describe black as being classic and badass looking, but I would never call it 'aggressive' (to me, that is a color that is trying to get attention - like Python green or Racing yellow or Shark blue). many ways to go with color, and there are puts and takes to all of them. it also depends on where you live and what your use case is - for daily drivers for guys that want to stay somewhat conservative/discrete (whether because of where they live, where they plan to drive and park it, clients, etc.), a more subtle color (black, gray, silver) is a better choice. but if it's an extra car that's more of a weekend driver or if it's for use in areas where bolder colors are more common (Florida, SoCal, etc.), a bolder or more 'aggressive' color is more acceptable.

at least that's how I think of things - proof again that this is all personal
Badass...Aggressive? Tomato or Tomato? Right on your comments about the other factors that play in these decisions.
Old 01-05-2023 | 09:23 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

This thread supports my idea that...nobody can really help you with color, you just have to go with what speaks to you.
Completely agree. I was dead set on Arctic grey from the second I saw it on the configurator. It was confirmed when I saw a 992 coupe on the lot, and looking at pics of other's in Arctic grey.

IDK what happened, but all of a sudden I stopped feeling there was any value add in a $3k option that wasn't so special anymore after seeing a CRV and then a Pacifica in their variation of the color.

So now I'm seriously considering Agate, Aventurine and Gentian.
Old 01-05-2023 | 09:27 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Completely agree. I was dead set on Arctic grey from the second I saw it on the configurator. It was confirmed when I saw a 992 coupe on the lot, and looking at pics of other's in Arctic grey.

IDK what happened, but all of a sudden I stopped feeling there was any value add in a $3k option that wasn't so special anymore after seeing a CRV and then a Pacifica in their variation of the color.

So now I'm seriously considering Agate, Aventurine and Gentian.
Find yours, but I struggled not to go Agate. SO nice to my eye.
Old 01-06-2023 | 12:56 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Agate is the best grey on the market imo. The depth with the brown undertones is incredible. It's a classic Porsche color that no other manufacturer has replicated. I feel the same about GT Silver (and its black undertones). Both top picks for any 911.
johnohara (01-27-2024)
Old 01-06-2023 | 08:55 AM
Bully74
Intermediate

gt Sylver or Ice gray met?
Zetta (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023 | 10:55 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Agate is the best grey on the market imo. The depth with the brown undertones is incredible. It's a classic Porsche color that no other manufacturer has replicated. I feel the same about GT Silver (and its black undertones). Both top picks for any 911.
Great. Now I added GT Silver to the race. THANKS! haha

Quick Reply: 992 GTS color help