Sponsored by:

Zero wait - new 911

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 05:09 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
I suppose you mean me. I object to taste and common sense. Tact - fair enough. Didn't mean for my comment to come off as offensive - mostly just find it interesting that so many people like that interior combo which doesn't work for me at all.
It wouldn’t work for most people, which was my point in an earlier post. The dealership knew it, so they moved it ASAP. No slight against the O.P.’s taste. It’s a very nice car overall (…after all, it’s a brand new 911), but it does alienate potential buyers. I suppose all that matters is that the O.P. likes it.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-06-2022 at 05:42 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
AventurineMan (07-06-2022), dhirm5 (07-06-2022), shrimp money (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 05:12 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by citrolene
At least you didn't get called "Grandpa"or an "old sage". Too funny
Oh don’t play the victim. Lol! You came at me aggressively for no reason, so I poked at you in response.

P.S. As expected, not all of those X’s at Germain BMW are available. Many of them are already sold and they are just waiting for the vehicles to arrive so the future owners can take delivery; the vehicles are about a week and a half out. They are asking $5k ADM for anybody not in the Naples area. They just sold and shipped a few cars out of state as well.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-06-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:39 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by POSEV
I just spoke with my local Audi dealer (I love and own one of their SUVs) and all their Q5 and Q7 inventory (about 20 cars total) is all available for MSRP. So that's clearly multiple data points on this thread alone that show that MSRP is (slowly) becoming more available.
A Q5 or Q7 at MSRP is an implicit ADM. During normal times you could get 10%+ off the sticker on those without breaking a sweat.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 05:48 PM
AventurineMan
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I need some of those clear "bacon strip" 3rd brake lights. Love them compared to the red; all of the other tail lights are fine however the deck lid lights look odd in red. Overall, this is a beautiful car!
Old 07-06-2022, 05:48 PM
SharkyGT4
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 27 Posts

Re cough. I love our ‘19 Alfa Guilia. Waiting on my GTS Cab to arrive Oct 7. The Alfas take bad press but most haven’t driven them. Incredible steering and handling not to mention great power from the 2.0 L Turbo. My incoming is car #79 so I’ve owned most everything including all the German sport sedans. Go drive a Guilia in anger in the twisties before dismissing them. Love my 2 classic Alfa Spiders as well much like I’ve loved my previous Porsches.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:12 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by SharkyGT4
Re cough. I love our ‘19 Alfa Guilia. Waiting on my GTS Cab to arrive Oct 7. The Alfas take bad press but most haven’t driven them. Incredible steering and handling not to mention great power from the 2.0 L Turbo. My incoming is car #79 so I’ve owned most everything including all the German sport sedans. Go drive a Guilia in anger in the twisties before dismissing them. Love my 2 classic Alfa Spiders as well much like I’ve loved my previous Porsches.
They do drive well, they just don't have the same appeal to the masses as they do to the enthusiast. It's all perception to the car buying public.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:24 PM
SharkyGT4
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
They do drive well, they just don't have the same appeal to the masses as they do to the enthusiast. It's all perception to the car buying public.
You are correct about perception and mass appeal, which is a shame. Even Jonny Lieberman at MT personally owns one. When we’ve done combined tours with Alfas and Porsches (sold my Porsche last summer thinking the wait for the replacement would be brief lol) I’ve had guys surprised that my Guilia is not a Quadrifoglio. Thanks for your reply.
M3Inline6 (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 10:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Good to know that you have proved yourself to be "right" at least to some degree in your mind. Hope that works and you sleep well tonight. Wow.
I will. I couldn't help but counter bad information presented as absolute truth, but absent the nuance. Thanks for playing!
Flash992 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 01:20 AM
Shikar
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Congrats....color combo is unique and maybe that along with changing economics or dynamics of the original buyer helped the situation of MSRP for the car and easy/lucky find. Congrats OP.
Thank you.

Yes but are you really going to drag or track a cabriolet??? I think you've been given good advice above, just leave it alone. Besides, your car has already been tuned, it's by the PhDs in Zuffenhausen . . .
I just want it a touch bit quicker.

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Rare to see a 992 with the Excl. Manufaktur interior. Nice. Personally I would want that interior with the black pairing the chalk instead of the red, but it is a very nice combo.
I don't like black interior at all after having black in too many cars. Burnt out of black for me.

Which dealership is this?

I do! There are a few of us who have managed discounts off MSRP (…me, rk-d, etc.) or MSRP. The outlier does not make the norm in this current market. The O.P. got lucky. He knows it and we know it.

P.S. I’m also sure the dealership didn’t want to get stuck with a $190k custom ordered 992 Cab with options that would only appeal to a particular buyer. It was a calculated business decision from my vantage point. Easier to let it go at MSRP and get rid of it than to try to push MSRP + ADM on that particular build and have it sitting around awaiting that “perfect” buyer. It’s not rocket science. That dealership has no new 911’s, zero allocations right now [and are hoping they receive some in August to address their current waiting list] and they are also asking $20-25k ADM on a Carrera S, for example.
Agree. It was a high spec car. Which is exactly how I option most cars I order. It's certainly better than a 170k C4S cab with 20k ADM for me.

Originally Posted by rangerfan94
Not to harp on this, but with BMW in particular, there are lots of end of the model year lack of parts issues resulting in options no longer being available. So not only are there a bunch of end of the 22 model year cars around which might be tough to sell when people want 23s, they also have cars that came in without trailer hitches, luxury packages (no ventilated and massaging seats), and upgraded audio. Those options still exist on some of the higher priced cars (M50s for instance), but you can read in the forums about buyers passing on ordered cars, not wanting a 'decontented' vehicle. Can't say I blame them. The massaging seats in my X7 are worth the exorbitant price of admission imho. Of course, there is no guarantee these options will be back for early 2023 builds, but hey, they can hope, right?!

OP, looks like you lucked into a unique car. Enjoy it in good health!!
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Relax grandpa! I’m just curious how many of those X’s are truly available and how many are already sold, so I’ll reach out to them. My curiosity is not a personal attack on you, nor should it be considered as such.

No what? I called the dealership today. The latter part of that post came straight from the horse’s mouth.

If you disagree that the O.P’s spec, however nice it is, wouldn’t be as appealing as a more boring spec, then you’re just not being reasonable nor realistic. It would be easier to move that same car with black interior and a black roof.
Heck no. I can't stand black anymore for me. But to each his own.

This interior absolutely the best I have ever seen in 911. To die for.
Interestingly every single car spa and valet and friend has LOVED the interior in real life. It really is nuts good but doesn't sound good.

Originally Posted by breny4104
Beautiful car, OP. Hopefully the fact that you got it at MSRP is a good sign for the rest of the people waiting for one.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Most people seem to really like the clown car interior. I'm not a fan. Fortunately, nobody gives a **** what I think about their interior - or shouldn't.

Congrats to OP.
Love my clown car interior!! Some people like black poop interior. Others like jaundiced exterior.
Be different and enjoy what you enjoy. I respect your opinion and gonna call it my Canadian Clown 911, since it's like a Canada flag too 😂

Originally Posted by breny4104
Great car OP! Some folks (keyboard warriors) just lack taste, tact and common sense.
It's all good. We all love the 911.

It wouldn’t work for most people, which was my point in an earlier post. The dealership knew it, so they moved it ASAP. No slight against the O.P.’s taste. It’s a very nice car overall (…after all, it’s a brand new 911), but it does alienate potential buyers. I suppose all that matters is that the O.P. likes it.
Thank you. I love it.

Originally Posted by AventurineMan
I need some of those clear "bacon strip" 3rd brake lights. Love them compared to the red; all of the other tail lights are fine however the deck lid lights look odd in red. Overall, this is a beautiful car!
Thank you.

This car is a placeholder but damn if I am not beginning to love a Porsche 911 !!

Regards.
dhirm5 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 01:26 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shikar
Thank you.

I just want it a touch bit quicker.

I don't like black interior at all after having black in too many cars. Burnt out of black for me.

Agree. It was a high spec car. Which is exactly how I option most cars I order. It's certainly better than a 170k C4S cab with 20k ADM for me.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Heck no. I can't stand black anymore for me. But to each his own.

Interestingly every single car spa and valet and friend has LOVED the interior in real life. It really is nuts good but doesn't sound good.

Thank you.

Love my clown car interior!! Some people like black poop interior. Others like jaundiced exterior.
Be different and enjoy what you enjoy. I respect your opinion and gonna call it my Canadian Clown 911, since it's like a Canada flag too 😂

It's all good. We all love the 911.

Thank you. I love it.

Thank you.

This car is a placeholder but damn if I am not beginning to love a Porsche 911 !!

Regards.
Out of curiosity, what's the car you're waiting on? I apologize if it was mentioned and I missed it. A buddy of mine is using his 911 as a placeholder for a McLaren, but he, too, is falling in love with the car in the process.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:49 AM
Shikar
Intermediate

Out of curiosity, what's the car you're waiting on? I apologize if it was mentioned and I missed it. A buddy of mine is using his 911 as a placeholder for a McLaren, but he, too, is falling in love with the car in the process.
The Ferrari 296 GTB and GTS. Test drove the 296 GTB a week or so ago and the interior built quality is way below my 911 but goodness the 296 is one good looking car!

Regards.
M3Inline6 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 09:58 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

The Ferrari 296 GTB and GTS. Test drove the 296 GTB a week or so ago and the interior built quality is way below my 911 but goodness the 296 is one good looking car!

Regards.

Congrats in advance! Looking forward to photos when it arrives.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-07-2022 at 10:13 AM.
Shikar (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:09 AM
Shikar
Intermediate

I'm not a Ferrari fan so I had to look that one up. You sure you want that car??? It looks just like a C8 without the boomerangs. You could save yourself a lot of money by just getting that

And before any of you yuk-yuks say anything, yes, I clearly recognize the deliciously sweet irony of saying that a Ferrari looks just like a C8 when many have accused the C8 of copying Ferrari.

Absolutely love my C8 😬. Have the C8 Z06 Convertable on order too.

Regards.

Last edited by Shikar; 07-07-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:28 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

The C8 is a heck of a car at MSRP. I do agree, the C8 Z06 list is going to get really short as well. Will be an awesome car at under MSRP like everything else.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:25 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Regards.
Marble garage floor -- very nice.
Shikar (07-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Zero wait - new 911