Sponsored by:

Frunk won't open.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:33 AM
BOPE
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Klredwood
Is there still an emergency release cable accessible through the inner fender well?

https://youtu.be/dAtMG674JlY
I think the 991.2 was the last model to have the emergency release cable in the left-front fender well.

Jason
Old 07-08-2022, 08:15 AM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts

OP, what was the resolution? Anything we can all learn from?
Old 07-08-2022, 10:19 AM
TR772
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts

The dealer said the white piece that is at the end of the cable (looks like a drywall anchor was defective and broken off a 1/3 of the way down. So the frunk switch motor/cable was just misfiring and not catching properly, hence the churning noise that all of you hear when you press but key fab or handle by your seat. I personally think my 8-year old shut it or opened it without being a little careful and it may have damaged it in the process. When i do drop off or pick up at school, I let her do the opening and closing and it's normally flawless. But maybe not, it just happened out of the blue which is why i have considered that a possibility. Anyway, had the car back in 5 days and it is working again.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:22 AM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by TR772
The dealer said the white piece that is at the end of the cable (looks like a drywall anchor was defective and broken off a 1/3 of the way down. So the frunk switch motor/cable was just misfiring and not catching properly, hence the churning noise that all of you hear when you press but key fab or handle by your seat. I personally think my 8-year old shut it or opened it without being a little careful and it may have damaged it in the process. When i do drop off or pick up at school, I let her do the opening and closing and it's normally flawless. But maybe not, it just happened out of the blue which is why i have considered that a possibility. Anyway, had the car back in 5 days and it is working again.
Did they tell you how they managed to get the frunk open?
Old 07-08-2022, 11:47 AM
TR772
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts

Yes, there is an emergency latch, but you need to remove the front. Once open, you have to remove the black protection top.

Quick Reply: Frunk won't open.