Sponsored by:

Pics! Pics! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 08:19 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
The Sunjoes are nice, I had one for a bit. I would of stuck with it but it turns out that I have a sickness.....I can't leave well enough alone and eventually built this.

Seen your garage setuo before (and there is more than that cabinet) - outstanding for sure. Even though my garage is pretty organized I would need to throw out a lot of stuff like bikes, garden tools, and all parts of my son's and wife's car to make room for such a nice setup.
Anybody needs new in the box F80 M3 fenders...😳
Old 08-29-2022, 08:29 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

The Sunjoes are nice, I had one for a bit. I would of stuck with it but it turns out that I have a sickness.....I can't leave well enough alone and eventually built this.

Very cool. Can you provide some details on your setup there?
Old 08-29-2022, 08:31 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 480 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Seen your garage setuo before (and there is more than that cabinet) - outstanding for sure. Even though my garage is pretty organized I would need to throw out a lot of stuff like bikes, garden tools, and all parts of my son's and wife's car to make room for such a nice setup.
Anybody needs new in the box F80 M3 fenders...😳

Thanks. Yes my wife and I came to an agreement years ago that we don't really have a typical garage that holds a bunch of stuff that isn't mine. My solution was to build a little mini garage in the backyard that hold all the other stuff that would of been in a garage. I get the garage and the theater and she gets the rest, it's always worked well for us.
The following 2 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
Mmade992 (08-29-2022), ZacapaXO (10-27-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:22 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Yes my wife and I came to an agreement years ago that we don't really have a typical garage that holds a bunch of stuff that isn't mine. My solution was to build a little mini garage in the backyard that hold all the other stuff that would of been in a garage. I get the garage and the theater and she gets the rest, it's always worked well for us.
I think it's called Sheshed 😁

If I would propose that to my wife I would have to start building tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
ZacapaXO (10-27-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:31 PM
Acken
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 34 Posts

Garage Pic , I also love to have a tidy garage

I just finished hours of washing and waxing

The following 5 users liked this post by Acken:
3rdpedal (08-30-2022), AlterZgo (08-30-2022), AR_Motorwerkz (08-29-2022), Stespa (08-30-2022), Tobeit (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:39 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

I think it's called Sheshed 😁

If I would propose that to my wife I would have to start building tomorrow.
Ah yes the she shed, forgot that term but in my case it's pretty accurate.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:24 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 159 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Acken
Garage Pic , I also love to have a tidy garage

I just finished hours of washing and waxing

Nice! Clean as hell! Love it!
Old 08-30-2022, 01:48 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Originally Posted by rk-d
Very cool. Can you provide some details on your setup there?
Sure. Most of the items in my set up are available via Obsessed Garage, from there it was mostly a matter of designing it all to fit in a 36 inch wide cabinet. Plumbing and electrical in the right spots and a 50 foot hide a hose vacuum that comes out just below and to the right of the pressure washer. There is also a car drying blower mounted under the cabinet and I keep the hose for it in the cabinet. It’s essentially a full set up within a cabinet, I can be up and running in 60 seconds and put it all away in 2 minutes.

I figure if I wash all four cars once a week the system will pay for itself in 2 years, but since I don’t do that it’s not the most economical route to keeping the 911 clean, but it’s as close as I can get to enjoying the process.
The following users liked this post:
rk-d (09-02-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 11:19 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

I've seen the pics of your setup. Jealous, but unfortunately my house is not set up for something like that, so the SunJoe is my best bet. If I move this year or next, one consideration will be a garage equipped like that or some version of it.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:23 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Ah yes the she shed, forgot that term but in my case it's pretty accurate.
We built a new garage (it just doesn't have a water source in it or that I could feed to it for a cabinet) but we built a 3 car. 2 cars and then the 3rd bay has bikes in part of it. The other part of the 3rd bay is drywalled off and has patio doors to the backyard, and is my wife's she shed, or what I call her garoffice.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:30 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
We built a new garage (it just doesn't have a water source in it or that I could feed to it for a cabinet) but we built a 3 car. 2 cars and then the 3rd bay has bikes in part of it. The other part of the 3rd bay is drywalled off and has patio doors to the backyard, and is my wife's she shed, or what I call her garoffice.
i need to figure something out. I have an oversized 3 car garage that leaves enough room to open car doors, have shelves and built in cabinets…problem is I have 5 cars, 6 bikes, lots of tools, and to top it off shelves full of car parts for 4 of them. Argh.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tobeit:
3rdpedal (08-30-2022), Smirnoff67 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 01:12 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

i need to figure something out. I have an oversized 3 car garage that leaves enough room to open car doors, have shelves and built in cabinets…problem is I have 5 cars, 6 bikes, lots of tools, and to top it off shelves full of car parts for 4 of them. Argh.
5 cars as a problem. Interesting premise.

We have 10 foot ceilings in ours but 9 foot would work as well. I you don't have any drop rack shelves, install some on your ceiling so that you can get some of that stuff overhead.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:17 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
5 cars as a problem. Interesting premise.

We have 10 foot ceilings in ours but 9 foot would work as well. I you don't have any drop rack shelves, install some on your ceiling so that you can get some of that stuff overhead.
yeah, already installed wall shelves that take things off the ground (floating wall shelves) but still not enough. Ceiling shelves would help some. I just need to get rid of more stuff, sell some bikes, move garden tools…my built in cabinets are basically the sheshed…

PS; can’t get rid of cars. My wife and sons (college age still) are also into the car thing - but they’re more into the JDM scene. When they get their friends (and girl friends) over my driveway looks like a cars and coffee meet.

Last edited by Tobeit; 08-30-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:54 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

I'm in the same trap. Can you put some lifts into your garage? Besides that, if you figure something out that's cost effective please send me a private message. I can't put a lift in my garage, and anything else I've come up with is ridiculously expensive-which is money I could spend on another car. First world problems I know...
Old 08-30-2022, 02:05 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
I'm in the same trap. Can you put some lifts into your garage? Besides that, if you figure something out that's cost effective please send me a private message. I can't put a lift in my garage, and anything else I've come up with is ridiculously expensive-which is money I could spend on another car. First world problems I know...
sure first world problems. I can’t install a lift either but would also not be practical as we use the cars regularly. I like things clean and tidy but some items are just best stored on open shelves and some tools, like garden tools, hang on walls. I tried to get everything I can off the ground but some things just need to stay on ground like rollable tool chest, generator, shop vac, miter saw stand etc. My nexts step is to negotiate with the wify what we can remove from the built in cabinets so that I can store more itools in there. Ceiling hanging storage is okay but when you need stuff hard to access. Also makes the garage a bit more claustrophobic looking. I rather want to remove things or put them where I can’t see them.

Quick Reply: Pics! Pics! Pics!