992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PECATL Delivery Experience (pic heavy).

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022 | 04:08 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Default PECATL Delivery Experience (pic heavy).

Our son met me in Atlanta this past Thursday where we took delivery of a C4S cab I had ordered 09/20/21.

The experience was truly extraordinary. The only thing less than perfect was the Kimpton hotel trying to cancel a reservation (twice) I had made on February 28th. Other than the fact it's most convenient to stay there (and the hotel restaurant food was remarkably good), I have nothing nice to say about what they tried to do to us. The PECATL staff, including Cullen Hussein Fadl El-Laoune, Sean McNicholas and I'm sure others whose names I don't know saved the day for us. So a HUGE shout out to them personally and on their level of customer service far above and beyond anything one might expect from a less well run organization.

Our tour guide/pro driver Corey Funk was outstanding as well. He was knowledgeable about the brand, its history and he certainly knew how to both coach and drive. Our son was a bit apprehensive about driving, but thoroughly enjoyed his hour (we split the 90 minutes that comes as part of the package as all the other drives where sold out when I tried to register him for his own session). We were in a Guards Red C4S cab PDK for the on track segment. Launch control was quite entertaining, since I drive manuals.

I regret not doing this before. We were supposed to take delivery of our '17 PTS Targa 4S there, but that build took 10 months from order and PEC was going to add another 8 weeks, so we cancelled and took delivery at the dealer. If I do order another car, I would absolutely wait it out to do this again.

Lots of pics.

View from our lunch table.

Caviar, of course.

And had to try the Wiener Schnitzel.

No ban on alcohol for the post delivery dinner at Restaurant 356.

We had perfect weather both days.

From the flash drive we were given.

Parked here overnight before we left.

Top down

The Paldao was much nicer looking than I remember the sample at the dealer.

Just off track.

Interior shot

My wife and daughter insisted on this color combo and the wood trims. Very happy with the final look.

The meals were all very good. The Apron at the Kimpton was very good for a hotel like it. We had dinner the evening we arrived and breakfast Friday AM. Both far better than I would have imagined. Restaurant 356 was even better and the complimentary lunch with the package included anything on the menu (but no drinks before the drive, of course). Dinner there was excellent as well.

We had a mostly pleasant 9ish hour drive home (passed 3 accidents, one of which happened behind us while we were stopped in traffic already) and three times where we came to a complete stop on the Interstates for "a while". But, the car made it unscathed - no rock chips, scratches, etc. It's at the detailer now and will go from there back to the dealer for SmartTOP and Function First/Numeric shifter. The OEM did seem a little improved over the 991s, but I'm sold on both Numeric and Function First.

If you have the chance to do this, I wouldn't pass it up. It's a screaming bargain and, well, wow.
The following 14 users liked this post by Keadog:
Aaron Lin (05-03-2022), bboerit (05-04-2022), Blue Bread (05-03-2022), German1967 (05-03-2022), gman3280 (05-03-2022), Go Bruins (05-03-2022), GoGooseman (05-04-2022), manifold danger (05-05-2022), Ray K. (05-04-2022), ron4sc (05-03-2022), russbert (05-04-2022), russm535il (05-04-2022), TripleL (05-04-2022), Tupper (05-03-2022) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-03-2022 | 04:41 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I'm really having second thoughts about doing this for my September delivery.
Old 05-03-2022 | 05:06 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
Function First/Numeric shifter
Which are you getting - don't both address the same thing? Or is there some combination that you're doing?

Great pix and write up -- thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-2022 | 05:51 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Which are you getting - don't both address the same thing? Or is there some combination that you're doing?

Great pix and write up -- thanks for sharing.
Thanks.

Function First is the shift ****.

Numeric is the short shifter.
Old 05-04-2022 | 12:01 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Congrats and great color! PEC delivery is such a great experience
Old 05-04-2022 | 09:02 AM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Very cool build! It's great to see a manual as well. Just out of curiosity, is that your seating position shown? There is quite a bit of leg room for the rear seat in that shot. How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to test fit me and my kids in a coupe. They are both slender girls, will be 5 and 8 by the time I get an allocation and a car. I figure this is the best age for all of us to fit into a 911. They won't ride in the 911 much, but I want to make sure it works when they have to.
Old 05-04-2022 | 10:50 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Butter patties in the shape of a 911......................................

WOW! That is a fantastic touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2022 | 10:56 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Great spec inside and out! Really well done! Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2022 | 01:02 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray K.
Very cool build! It's great to see a manual as well. Just out of curiosity, is that your seating position shown? There is quite a bit of leg room for the rear seat in that shot. How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to test fit me and my kids in a coupe. They are both slender girls, will be 5 and 8 by the time I get an allocation and a car. I figure this is the best age for all of us to fit into a 911. They won't ride in the 911 much, but I want to make sure it works when they have to.
Yes, that is my seating position and I'm just under 6' tall. However, the angle of the photo may be deceptive; in real life, it doesn't seem like there's much room back there. Great for duffle bags and a roll aboard, but not so good for people much bigger than tots IMO.
5 might be ok but 8 may be stretching it. But I could be wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Ray K. (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022 | 01:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Thanks all for the kind words. The build turned out very nicely for us. I would like AG to be a little closer to Oak than the grey tones it has, but not $12K/wait many more months worth to us. The Truffle and Paldao both look much nicer in person than I thought the samples did that we chose from. Very pleasant surprises there...
Old 05-05-2022 | 09:48 AM
SamD
Racer

Did this at PEC-LA and concur with Keadog. A fantastic way to start the ownership experience . . .

Quick Reply: PECATL Delivery Experience (pic heavy).