Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JB4 Dynojet Results 2020 992 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 12:21 AM
kgb_kgb
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=2018911TTS;18126804]Thank you Sam and Payam and for those of you who posted appreciative comments for the info sharing in this thread. It's been a few decades since I did the Syclone and Typhoon for GM and had all my various hot rods and muscle cars from the 60s and 70s and the & different 1986 and 87 Buick Grand Nationals I owned, which were my inspiration to to the Syclone and Typhoon.

We are very lucky to have this forum to share info and to raise questions and seek answers. We all have different needs and goals for our vehicles and have a great community here of owners and suppliers to help us achieve our goals. I've been fortunate to have worked with Payam and Terry from BMS and @SamboTT@ByDesign on more than one vehicle now and we are so lucky to have honest and responsive suppliers to help guide us through the myriad of options out there. And I'm sure there are others out there I haven't dealt with yet who also provide great products and services.

Here are some pics from what is happening to the 992 right now. It's at House Automotive in Encino, CA getting the full intercooler/inlet/airbox/Y pipe and plenum kit I got from Sam installed. Once the installation is complete it will go back to Payam at BMS for more dyno work and Map tweaking and then to Famoso for some 1/4 mile runs

[/QUOTE

How much is the plenum and air filter .

looks amazing ]
Old 05-06-2022, 12:22 AM
kgb_kgb
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
The S is definitely stronger as it comes with larger turbos from my understanding. We still haven't been able to get one down here to put on the dyno so I can't be 100% sure.
I will try my best to reach out to another local customer that I know to see if they'll bring it down one day for testing

-Payam
Thanks Mate ,

appreciate it , and would you recommend any upgrades for the radiators / Intercooler for the front and back ?
Old 05-06-2022, 12:27 AM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 139 Posts

[QUOTE=kgb_kgb;18127857]
Originally Posted by 2018911TTS
Thank you Sam and Payam and for those of you who posted appreciative comments for the info sharing in this thread. It's been a few decades since I did the Syclone and Typhoon for GM and had all my various hot rods and muscle cars from the 60s and 70s and the & different 1986 and 87 Buick Grand Nationals I owned, which were my inspiration to to the Syclone and Typhoon.

We are very lucky to have this forum to share info and to raise questions and seek answers. We all have different needs and goals for our vehicles and have a great community here of owners and suppliers to help us achieve our goals. I've been fortunate to have worked with Payam and Terry from BMS and @SamboTT@ByDesign on more than one vehicle now and we are so lucky to have honest and responsive suppliers to help guide us through the myriad of options out there. And I'm sure there are others out there I haven't dealt with yet who also provide great products and services.

Here are some pics from what is happening to the 992 right now. It's at House Automotive in Encino, CA getting the full intercooler/inlet/airbox/Y pipe and plenum kit I got from Sam installed. Once the installation is complete it will go back to Payam at BMS for more dyno work and Map tweaking and then to Famoso for some 1/4 mile runs

[/QUOTE

How much is the plenum and air filter .

looks amazing ]
Yes, some great eye candy for sure. You should message @SamboTT@ByDesign regarding pricing for this stuff as I got the whole package from him.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:39 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 960 Likes on 585 Posts

Cheers guys

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 05-11-2022, 08:13 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

The results are in! Thanks to @SamboTT@ByDesign @do88 performance and of course @2018911TTS we were able to dyno the car again with the same tune and plot last weeks dyno numbers vs this week dyno numbers.

Map 4 vs Map 4 resulted in an overall peak gain of 25WHP! In some areas of the graph we see gains of 35+whp above 5000 RPM till redline. This should translate to faster and quicker times as the powerband is stronger right when the car shifts to the next gear.

JB4 with DO88 Inlets, Intakes, Intercoolers, Chargepiping and plenum on unleaded racegas is the red line
JB4 with racegas is the blue line (dynoed last week in the first post of this thread)
Both on Map 4, no tuning changes were made. Impressive gains for sure!

-Payam

Last edited by BMS; 05-11-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:22 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 960 Likes on 585 Posts

Awesome! The DO88 stuff is great so we are excited to see what Kim sees in the real world with no other changes. Thanks for all the great support Payam and BMS!
Old 05-12-2022, 11:45 AM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome! The DO88 stuff is great so we are excited to see what Kim sees in the real world with no other changes. Thanks for all the great support Payam and BMS!
Thank you Payam and BMS and @SamboTT@ByDesign and @do88 performance. House Automotive in Encino did the install and commented on the very high quality of the pieces and how well everything fit together which made the process go smoothly with no hiccups at all.
I have included some photos taken during the install which will give you an idea of what was done.
The dyno results do show a strong gain which is matched by the seat of the pants power increase I feel while driving the car. As you can see from the charts the power gains are significant throughout the part of the power band used in drag racing, so I am excited to see how these changes translate into improve drag strip times. I'll definitely post some time slips as soon as I get them.
It should be noted that the exhaust on the car is completely stock and is the base exhaust and not the optional sport exhaust.

Last edited by 2018911TTS; 05-12-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:03 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Here are a couple of time slips from March19/20 at Famoso Dragstrip in near Bakersfield, CA. I did 1 run in the car and it really lit the tires up and ran an 11.124 @ 126.70 mph with a 1.742 60 foot time. That was the only run I made that day in the 992 as I was running the 2018 TTS. My daughter ran several times and her best was a 10.986 @ 125.18 mph with a 1.623 60 foot time. The air quality had deteriorated for that run but they had put some VHT down on the track due to an oil spill so the car launched much better on the Michelin PS4s. This is a rwd car so it's a little more sensitive to track prep conditions.

Times slips are attached:

Just to be clear, the time slips are from a software tuned 992 C2 (not C4 or C2S), with no other mods..that you and your daughter got? Thx.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-12-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:11 PM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Just to be clear, the time slips are from a software tuned 992 C2 (not C4 or C2S), with no other mods..that you and your daughter got? Thx.
Yes that is correct. These time slips are with a completely factory stock base 2020 911 rwd with the only mod being JB4 plug and play from BMS and running on Map 4 - around 20 psi of boost and no other mods. We run VP101 racing fuel for gas. The dyno results from BMS show the power to be 419 whp with this set up. Now we are going to run the car with the addition of the @DO088 mega intercooler kit from @SamboTT@ByDesign which showed a whp gain up to 444 whp on the same dyno at BMS and see how this translates into track performance gains. We will use the same JB4 Map 4 for these runs.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:19 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Yes that is correct. These time slips are with a completely factory stock base 2020 911 rwd with the only mod being JB4 plug and play from BMS and running on Map 4 - around 20 psi of boost and no other mods. We run VP101 racing fuel for gas. The dyno results from BMS show the power to be 419 whp with this set up. Now we are going to run the car with the addition of the @DO088 mega intercooler kit from @SamboTT@ByDesign which showed a whp gain up to 444 whp on the same dyno at BMS and see how this translates into track performance gains. We will use the same JB4 Map 4 for these runs.

Pretty sweet times. I’ve been using a dragy for about a month on my stock (no tune or other mods, and running on PZero) 2021 992 C2S and repeatedly get 3.00-3.02 sec for 0-60, with 1ft rollout deduction, and 7.21-7.25 sec for 1/8 mi. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the times are incredibly repeatable. Unfortunately, where I run is on a little used access road near a municipal airport (so safe to make runs), but has a slight slope after about 1/8 mil…so can’t get any “qualified” 1/4 or 1/2 mile runs.

I’ve been trying to baseline my times before I decide to get a tune…from one of the companies (still TBD).

Thx for the info.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-12-2022 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:34 PM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Pretty sweet times. I’ve been using a dragy for about a month on my stock (no tune or other mods, and running on PZero) 2021 992 C2S and repeatedly get 3.00-3.02 sec for 0-60, with 1ft rollout deduction, and 7.21-7.25 sec for 1/8 mi. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the times are incredibly repeatable. Unfortunately, where I run is on a little used access road near a municipal airport (so safe to make runs), but has a slight slope after about 1/8 mil…so can’t get any “qualified” 1/4 or 1/2 mile runs.

I’ve been trying to baseline my times before I decide to get a tune…from one of the companies (still TBD).

Thx for the info.
Those a solid times. What 60 foot are you getting and what is your 1/8 mile trap speed? Honestly a tire change might help you. When we bought the 2020 911 it came with P Zeros and I switched to PS4s right away because the P Zeros couldn't hook at all. The PS4's are much better than the P Zeros for traction. Next we are trying Nitto 555 RIIs. As far as real world times go the 991.1 Turbo Ss are usually 7.1s in the 1/8 mile at Irwindale but at 102 mph so they are coming on strong at the end. C8 Vettes generally run in the 7.3 sec to 7.7 sec range at 98 mph or so. We watched a guy who had just bought a used 2021 C4S do a run at Irwindale - he was a newbie for sure - and it went 7.35 secs in the 1/8 at Irwindale. Traction was off that day and the DA wasn't that good.

Last edited by 2018911TTS; 05-12-2022 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:53 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Those a solid times. What 60 foot are you getting and what is your 1/8 mile trap speed? Honestly a tire change might help you. When we bought the 2020 911 it came with P Zeros and I switched to PS4s right away because the P Zeros couldn't hook at all. The PS4's are much better than the P Zeros for traction. Next we are trying Nitto 555 RIIs. As far as real world times go the 991.1 Turbo Ss are usually 7.1s in the 1/8 mile at Irwindale but at 102 mph so they are coming on strong at the end. C8 Vettes generally run in the 7.3 sec to 7.7 sec range at 98 mph or so. We watched a guy who had just bought a used 2021 C4S do a run at Irwindale - he was a newbie for sure - and it went 7.35 secs in the 1/8 at Irwindale. Traction was off that day and the DA wasn't that good.

60ft 1.78sec and 1/8mi trap speed 99.91 mph. Forgot to mention the temps were nearly ideal @ 43F.

My purpose is not to break any records. I just want to benchmark where I’m at with my car, with no mods. Once I find a spot I can safely run, I want to get 1/4 mi and 80-130mph times. After that, I’ll begin my search on which tune I want to go with.

I know there are better tires, for grip, than the PZero…but until they need replacing, I’ll still use.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-12-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:39 PM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

60ft 1.78sec and 1/8mi trap speed 99.91 mph. Forgot to mention the temps were nearly ideal @ 43F.

My purpose is not to break any records. I just want to benchmark where I’m at with my car, with no mods. Once I find a spot I can safely run, I want to get 1/4 mi and 80-130mph times. After that, I’ll begin my search on which tune I want to go with.

I know there are better tires, for grip, than the PZero…but until they need replacing, I’ll still use.
My daughter managed a one time best of 1.62 secs for the 60 foot when track prep was really good at Famoso with the PS4s and that resulted in her high 10 sec 1/4 mile time. However, generally they are in the 1.7s. Your mph is strong in the 1/8. Here is Socal we get decent DAs for a couple of months but then in the summer conditions get pretty bad. In drag racing, the track prep and your hole shot play a big role in determining your ET as does the DA. There are literally several tenths varation in the 1/4 mile depending on where these factors are at. The mph tells a lot because its less traction dependent (though the more tire spin you have the higher your mph at the end but the trap speed does depend heavily on the DA.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:48 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

My daughter managed a one time best of 1.62 secs for the 60 foot when track prep was really good at Famoso with the PS4s and that resulted in her high 10 sec 1/4 mile time. However, generally they are in the 1.7s. Your mph is strong in the 1/8. Here is Socal we get decent DAs for a couple of months but then in the summer conditions get pretty bad. In drag racing, the track prep and your hole shot play a big role in determining your ET as does the DA. There are literally several tenths varation in the 1/4 mile depending on where these factors are at. The mph tells a lot because its less traction dependent (though the more tire spin you have the higher your mph at the end but the trap speed does depend heavily on the DA.
The air and surface temps can have two opposite effects on dragy times. Hot temps will, or should, improve grip, but can also reduce max turbo pressure. I think, but have no data to prove, optimal temps range from about 40-70F. The moister and more dense the air, the better for turbo pressure. Also, in all but one of my runs (>5), I never detected, nor heard any tire spin. Where I tested, there was no road prep, and in fact, the road condition was pretty iffy. But I did try to heat the tires up before I made any runs.

Sounds like your dau is a pro at this stuff.

I’m happy with my times, and not significantly worse, or better from what’s reported. But it’s nice to see the consistency, rather than one off’s.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-12-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:25 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

The air and surface temps can have two opposite effects on dragy times. Hot temps will, or should, improve grip, but can also reduce max turbo pressure. I think, but have no data to prove, optimal temps range from about 40-70F. The moister and more dense the air, the better for turbo pressure. Also, in all but one of my runs (>5), I never detected, nor heard any tire spin. Where I tested, there was no road prep, and in fact, the road condition was pretty iffy. But I did try to heat the tires up before I made any runs.

Sounds like your dau is a pro at this stuff.

I’m happy with my times, and not significantly worse, or better from what’s reported. But it’s nice to see the consistency, rather than one off’s.
Since these cars are tuned based of speed density, the hotter air will request more boost to compensate for the less dense air and vice versa. We tested this on the dyno with our IAT spoofing. We tested 50* IAT (boost would be 20psi) then tested IAT at 130* (boost raised to 25).
No difference in power unfortunately so that tells us that the turbo is not able to flow more air at anything higher than 22psi and is maxed out

-Payam

Quick Reply: JB4 Dynojet Results 2020 992 Carrera