Sponsored by:

992 C2 Start/Stop Programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 08:43 AM
German1967
Pro

Received 601 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Good video! I will adjust accordingly. I’m able to extract about 440 miles per tank out of my 992 with the regular gas tank, which is more or less what I was able to get out of my prior M4’s (…and why I didn’t opt for the larger tank in my 992). That figure is based on normal/reasonable driving behavior. Spirited driving does, indeed, drain the gas tank accordingly.
I have to admit I did not buy my C2S Cab for “normal reasonable driving behavior” . I do that with my DD BMW. I get 440miles out of the extended gas tank - admittedly, these are non-highway miles. Assuming I cruise on a highway at 70 mph, I probably get much more - buy why would I? Accordingly, my auto-start-stop is always switched off and programmed as such in my individual driving mode.

To each their own!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:42 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by German1967
I have to admit I did not buy my C2S Cab for “normal reasonable driving behavior” . I do that with my DD BMW. I get 440miles out of the extended gas tank - admittedly, these are non-highway miles. Assuming I cruise on a highway at 70 mph, I probably get much more - buy why would I? Accordingly, my auto-start-stop is always switched off and programmed as such in my individual driving mode.

To each their own!
I get it. My Corolla is my daily driver and my 992 replaced my M4 as my fun car (…although riding my Panigale V4 at the race track is where I really exercise my speed demons). I have fun when I can and where I feel like there is less chance of impacting somebody else (…usually on winding canyon roads with few cars), but I have to practice what I preach. If I am going to hold others accountable for following the law (…and cite/arrest for speed violations), I have to, in good conscience, follow it myself. I deal with far too many traffic collisions and collision related deaths (…along with everything else), so my perspective is going to be unpopular.

P.S. The duality of these cars is amazing. High performance, but with excellent gas mileage when you prioritize that. I made it from Rancho Cucamonga, California to Sedona, Arizona on one tank of gas with 40 miles to spare (…average speed was 75 mph on cruise control). Just amazing! I filled up, drove around the area and I still have 500 miles (est.). My car only has the base gas tank.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-01-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:45 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

I have start/stop in my Bimmer which is much smoother due to the 48v hybrid in that car. It was far less pleasant in the 992 and I always hated it. With my M Engineering tune I got rid of it and cold start altogether.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:00 PM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 135 Posts

The early 991 series cars would stay off unless you switched it back on yourself. Unfortunately car manufacturers pay fines if they don't meet their CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) goals which are measured as an average across the entire range. Porsche always pays fines but tries to raise the average fuel economy which had been measured with switchable stop/start. Apparently that changed and in order to use the fuel economy numbers with stop/start on they were required to have their cars default ON each time you started the car.
Currently, from 2017 on, there are several ways to turn stop/start off, shortcut button, sport settings etc. but it will always default to ON each time you start the car.

Quick Reply: 992 C2 Start/Stop Programming