Sponsored by:

Paperwork, Financing & Trade In

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 03:26 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,367 Posts

I have no idea what you just scribbled but whatever. I wonder if you even know what the CAPITAL (not capitol) of Alaska is and where it's located ...

And thank you for not editing my posts

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 03-31-2022 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:25 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
But, I wonder if one of the Mechanics totaled my car, which has a replacement value $42,000 above MSRP, if I would actually be covered?? I am assuming I would not and just thinking about this scared the crap out of me.
Don't worry. My own insurance agent explained to me there is a grace period when buying a new car. Otherwise, how else would we be covered if we instantly decided to buy an expensive new toy (immediate gratification)?

I found this from the Progressive website but assume it broadly applies:
You don't have to switch your insurance to your new car right off the bat. Since most insurers offer a grace period for updating your policy with your new vehicle, your dealer will typically just need proof of insurance before they throw you the keys.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:56 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I've always informed my insurance agent well ahead that I bought a new car and its ETA. As the date got nearer and transport arrangements were being made the car got covered by either a new policy but mostly (in order to keep years of policy active) by amending an existing policy for a car I sold.

siberian
Old 04-01-2022, 12:43 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 827 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Yes, it's so great the geniuses where I bought my car (New Country Porsche in CT) registered my 992 as a 944 and wasted 6 weeks of my time while still not transferring the vanity plates from my previous car. Unless you wait 6 hours at DMV if you live in a huge city, at the height of COVID I had an appointment in 3 days and it took 20 minutes (they even waived the fee as everyone wanted to see a 2021 944 as it had been a while since they'd seen such a FU). Just one more ooze of your cash as they try and add "convenience fee", "business fee", "disposal fee", "prep fee"....

As to MSO and financing you either have cash or you do your financing arrangement prior to getting to the dealership.

Without the OUT OF THE DOOR price you have a place holder. @detansinn summed it up. Caveat emptor.

siberian
New Country Porsche is located in a town and county in Ct with one of the highest per capita incomes in the US.
Their "typical" customer wouldn't even notice add on fees etc. and their personal assistants would be taking care of the purchase - a little of an exaggeration but not much.
That corner of Ct is NOT the real world due to all the Wall Street money that is sitting there, New Country Porsche is used to servicing that demographic.

You are fortunate they even deemed to work with you

Old 04-01-2022, 12:49 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My G*d, I'm apoplectic and eternally grateful they deigned to give me a nanosecond of their valuable insight and time; let alone sell me a car. Just to set the record straight, when I was looking for a 992 they contacted me I had no idea they even existed and alas the dealer I was doing a transaction with (Gaudin in LV) didn't have an allocation though he promised to get me a car. I should have listened...

siberian

PS The salesperson just sent me a "congratulations" e-mail "Can I believe it's been a year already"...they totally **** up the process and then "we're here for you.."

Last edited by siberian; 04-01-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:54 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 827 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
My G*d, I'm apoplectic and eternally grateful they deigned to give me a nanosecond of their valuable insight and time; let alone sell me a car. Just to set the record straight, when I was looking for a 992 they contacted me I had no idea they even existed and alas the dealer I was doing a transaction with (Gaudin in LV) didn't have an allocation though he promised to get me a car. I should have listened...

siberian

PS The salesperson just sent me a "congratulations" e-mail "Can I believe it's been a year already"...they totally **** up the process and then "we're here for you.."
Having formerly lived in Ct for 30 years New Country was a place to avoid if at all possible - true for all their model franchises
Old 04-01-2022, 01:57 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Here's what one paid over 300 bucks for and wasted 6 weeks while still having to go down and transfer the plates (for the correct vehicle this time). Dealer refused any blame and put it on their partner in Alaska, the local DMV yet they owned the issue until I received the vehicle, irrespective of who they sub'd it to. I'm not even going to mention their SM - a real piece of work.

The only 2021 944 in existence... place your bids

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 04-01-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Paperwork, Financing & Trade In