Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Delivered with One Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 09:14 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

October delivery two keys. However, installed new brake rotors and noticed only one screw on each rotor rather than the normal two. Not a big concern, but now wondering what else on the car was not installed per design. Was this production’s call or was engineering involved?
Old 03-22-2022, 09:24 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by RRich
October delivery two keys. However, installed new brake rotors and noticed only one screw on each rotor rather than the normal two. Not a big concern, but now wondering what else on the car was not installed per design. Was this production’s call or was engineering involved?
mine only has one also
Old 03-22-2022, 09:28 PM
mksz51
Pro

Received 749 Likes on 286 Posts

How do you know there are supposed to be two? Can't say I've ever seen a vehicle with two fixing screws for a rotor. Once the wheel is on the rotor is going nowhere.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:01 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

The rotors and hubs are drilled and tapped for two screws, also Porsche parts dept shows two screws per rotor. I had two screws/rotor on hand and they installed without issue. The 991 C2S, 992, C2S, 992 GT3 steel brakes, BMW M4 all use 2 screws on each rotor, shown in various YouTube videos. Screws were $ 0.60 each maybe Porsche was looking save a few bucks or supply chain constraints. Not really a concern as the lug nets are carrying the loads, but still surprised to see missing parts.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:50 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

First, I would be frustrated as all y’all are about having only one key.

That said, I am not even sure where my second key is. And I even bought a cool cover for it.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:09 AM
garthg
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
December 2021 delivery, 2 keys. And yes, forget your dealer, call PCNA but the bottom line is that you WILL get the 2nd key. All I use is just 1 key, the other will probably sit in the drawer it's been in since December for the next 10-20 years till I sell the car.
No, it will be in the drawer until you really need it.
if the original goes missing, lost, etc. and you have no spare, the car is a brick. You’re going to get a tow to the dealer.
I can remember a time when a locksmith could replace a lost car key based on the key number. Not any more.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:13 PM
garthg
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 151 Posts

The rotors and hubs are drilled and tapped for two screws, also Porsche parts dept shows two screws per rotor. I had two screws/rotor on hand and they installed without issue. The 991 C2S, 992, C2S, 992 GT3 steel brakes, BMW M4 all use 2 screws on each rotor, shown in various YouTube videos. Screws were $ 0.60 each maybe Porsche was looking save a few bucks or supply chain constraints. Not really a concern as the lug nets are carrying the loads, but still surprised to see missing parts.
This is off-topic, but. . .
That fixing screw is only there to hold the rotor in place when the caliper is removed. It serves no other function.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:31 AM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
November 2021 delivery. One key.

Three weeks ago I get an email from Porsche North America saying my key is available for delivery at my dealer. It says to contact Porsche customer support
Email customer support, tell them my preferred dealership
Return email requests I confirm my VIN
Another email asks me to confirm my preferred dealership
Yet another email asks me to which dealership the key should be shipped
Another email says they will ship it to my dealer

Yesterday I got a call that my dealer has the key

It shouldn't be that difficult
Took deliver at PEC ATL on 12/3, 1 key.

​​​​​​​i got an email from PCNA 2 weeks ago saying the same. Contacted a dealer closest to me, they wanted me to verify my VIN and send my license over, and they'd have to put the order in for it to be sent to them, i'd have to then go pick it up as they have to program it with my car present.

Sent the service manager the info, asked for confirmation he received it and put the order in, no reply. followed up a week and a half later, no reply. Been 2 weeks now, no idea.

Quick Reply: Car Delivered with One Key