Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Carrera 4s price

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 10:25 AM
Farvin
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 10 Posts

In March 2020 I was the first Covid critical care patient in the mid-Atlantic. Six weeks out of the ICU from that, I found out I also had cancer. I spent most of 2020 fighting for my life, and I had to shutter my business. In 2021 I recovered, I reopened, and my business went ballistic. As context for those above who said I'm late to this party - that's why. To say I am living for the moment and swinging for the fences now would be an understatement. This car is just one small payback to myself for what I went through. Greatly appreciate all the great advice and camaraderie here to get me started. Farv
The following 13 users liked this post by Farvin:
911Stiller (03-25-2022), Chillywon (03-24-2022), chong0 (03-24-2022), detansinn (03-24-2022), Drew46 (03-24-2022), Go Bruins (03-24-2022), michaelp (03-24-2022), Riazah (03-27-2022), Richard_Wallace (03-24-2022), russbert (03-24-2022), siberian (03-24-2022), Swayze (03-24-2022), Yojeffo (03-24-2022) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-24-2022, 10:30 AM
supershaft
Racer

Received 293 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Farvin
In March 2020 I was the first Covid critical care patient in the mid-Atlantic. Six weeks out of the ICU from that, I found out I also had cancer. I spent most of 2020 fighting for my life, and I had to shutter my business. In 2021 I recovered, I reopened, and my business went ballistic. As context for those above who said I'm late to this party - that's why. To say I am living for the moment and swinging for the fences now would be an understatement. This car is just one small payback to myself for what I went through. Greatly appreciate all the great advice and camaraderie here to get me started. Farv
Very inspiring! Glad you are still with us!

You are going to love it. I daily my 992 for work / family even with 2 young kids
The following 2 users liked this post by supershaft:
detansinn (03-24-2022), Farvin (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 10:44 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Man, you really did have a tough year. Glad things are looking up. I assume your cancer is in remission. As someone who also had cancer, it can be a pretty scary journey, and many forms, never really go away, just hiding in remission. So, Carpe Diem! Best of luck with the health issues. 👍

I took delivery of my 992 8 months ago, and found out that one of the best things to get involved with is your local PCA chapter. I’m a member of the Chesapeake chapter, and have enjoyed the activities they do throughout much of the year. Then, if you really get into it, try your hand at tracking….I would stick to Porsche sponsored events, however.

Best of luck.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-24-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:59 AM
Farvin
Intermediate

Thanks BigDog! Yep, cancer seems to be in the rearview mirror - glad you survived the fight as well. Carpe Diem indeed. Appreciate the great advice and patience of everyone with me new here. I know most of ya have been at this a long time. I deal with newbs on the SVHO WaveRunner and offroad forums often - so I know. Dealer has just checked off on the potential issues mentioned above. Flying RIC>EWR Tuesday morning to pick her up, then plan on a ~5 hour ride home down 95 back to VA as my maiden voyage.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:01 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Thanks BigDog! Yep, cancer seems to be in the rearview mirror - glad you survived the fight as well. Carpe Diem indeed. Appreciate the great advice and patience of everyone with me new here. I know most of ya have been at this a long time. I deal with newbs on the SVHO WaveRunner and offroad forums often - so I know. Dealer has just checked off on the potential issues mentioned above. Flying RIC>EWR Tuesday morning to pick her up, then plan on a ~5 hour ride home down 95 back to VA as my maiden voyage.
Does it already have PPF? If not, might consider? Good luck.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:54 PM
Farvin
Intermediate

The car just happens to have PPF already - I know this is a huge subject unto itself. FWIW, there’s a car show in Charlottesville every August: https://www.vafestivalofthewheel.com/
Last years theme was Ford vs Ferrari. This year is Cars of the Autobahn. It’s a good time. Proceeds benefit UVA Cancer Center Patient Care Fund. Farvin
The following users liked this post:
CodyBigdog (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 03:19 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

The car just happens to have PPF already - I know this is a huge subject unto itself. FWIW, there’s a car show in Charlottesville every August: https://www.vafestivalofthewheel.com/
Last years theme was Ford vs Ferrari. This year is Cars of the Autobahn. It’s a good time. Proceeds benefit UVA Cancer Center Patient Care Fund. Farvin

I just went to the web site…unfortunately, not until late August. I’ll be in Europe then…assuming things don’t get worse? But looks like a nice event, and for a good cause. Thx

Per recent scares for both of us…I’m trying to visit all the places on the planet that have been on my must see list, while I still can. Never really had time when in grad school, post-grad work and starting my company. Now I will make time.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-24-2022 at 03:22 PM.
miporsche (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 05:01 PM
Farvin
Intermediate

Hey BigDog, it's a little off-Porsche - but yah I hear you loud and clear. I'm in the same boat. I have two continents to go to have said I hit them all in my short time here: Antarctica and Africa. National Geo has some crazy luxury cruises to Falklands / South Georgia and Antarctica. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...gia-falklands/
No Porsches there tho.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:17 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Hey BigDog, it's a little off-Porsche - but yah I hear you loud and clear. I'm in the same boat. I have two continents to go to have said I hit them all in my short time here: Antarctica and Africa. National Geo has some crazy luxury cruises to Falklands / South Georgia and Antarctica. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...gia-falklands/
No Porsches there tho.
My college roommate went to Antarctica about 3 years ago. Both he and his wife continue to rave about the experience.

If you haven’t been, highly recommend Iceland…much of Game of Thrones was filmed there, and very, very interesting place. We liked it so much, we plan to go back in the Spring (we were there just when COVID was first braking out in 2020 February).
Old 03-25-2022, 12:12 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

No Porsches there tho.
Or you can go for cheap like I did to Antarctica on Quark Expeditions 10 day trip to the peninsula. It's about $7995 p/p for a shared triple share cabin with a stranger or 2, which worked out just fine (plus the plane trip to Ushaia Argentina was about $1500 RT). And yes, it was the best trip I'd ever been on X10, until... I went with Quark to the N Pole on a nuclear Russian icebreaker. An equally great trip with a bigger payoff.

But back to the topic... I'm so glad the original poster locked in this dark blue 911. People come on here asking about a car for sale and typically within a day or 2, it's gone anyway so it's a mute point. If you like a car and it's $10-15k over MSRP, just get it man!!! Someone else will ****** it up instead.

Did an overnight on an island as well for just an extra $250. Best time ever...

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 03-25-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Fcassells (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 12:16 PM
supershaft
Racer

Received 293 Likes on 155 Posts

Fantastic pictures. We're you able to bring part of the glacier home with you??
Old 03-25-2022, 12:25 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by supershaft
Fantastic pictures. We're you able to bring part of the glacier home with you??
No, but on the N Pole trip the next year, they did have a Polar gift shop on the ship so I bought ... a lot of Arcterix jackets and ball caps ;o). Didn't see 1 911 near the N Pole but saw MANY in Russia and St Petersburg when I went there right after the trip.

Yeah, I wasn't supposed to touch this I guess. This is where the captain steers the ship, it's not as nimble as a 911 though.

They stop the ship when they see polar bears so we can take pics.

How often can get to go into the engine room of a nuclear Russian icebreaker? Well... not that often anymore with all the fighting that's going on over there ;o(.

90 degrees north. Right on top of the N Pole.

The N Pole is just sea ice. It's always moving.

An actual polar plunge. Negative 1 degrees. Seawater freezes here at negative 1 1/2 degrees.

They take you on a helicopter above the ship as it's cutting through the ice on it's way back to Russia.

The ship from the helicopter above.

In the sea on a zodiac boat, near Franz Joseph Land, the closest land to the North Pole.
Fcassells (03-25-2022)

Quick Reply: 2020 Carrera 4s price